STEAM Thread

It's time for Arts to become part of STEM

There is literally no reason against this.

No. We SHEM nao

Science
History
Engineering
Mathematics

No.

SHEAM

Science
Humanities
Engineering
Arts
Maths

what is scientific about history, humanities and art ?

>he doesn't know

But user, Math already covers the important stuff from Arts.

actually every kind of thinking is a subset of philosophy we should called just modern philosophy

The use of scientific methods.

Gee I wonder if there is some kind of ancient form of education that satisfies this model

They should really kick out technology and engineering and just call it S&M.

art isn't. gardening either.

Which degrees would be non-STEAM then? Business and finance, I guess?

law and medicine

>"Make my shitty degree worth something by associating it with actually useful degrees!"
Can you please stick with serving fries at the local fast food restaurant? This is getting embarrassing.

MEMES

Medicene
Engineering
Maths
Electronics
Science

>he thinks his physics bachelors is actually "useful"

lol

the whole shtick of STEM is to separate scientific and technological degrees from every other degree. putting in arts just plain defeats the purpose of STEM

physics is usually considered the most quantitative degree and highly flexible.(most of physicists end up working in a non physics field eg. engineering) you literally can go undergraduate physics and then get to any engineering masters

the hook nosed motherfucker that started this STEAM bullshit needs to be flayed alive and drenched in lemon juice

ARTS ARE NOT SCIENCE YOU WELL POISONING MOTHERFUCKERS

Grouping in Arts with STEM isn't gonna somehow make an Arts degree anymore less worthless. Maybe you can bullshit it somehow on your resume but no firm is gonna hire some fruitcake who only knows how to draw nude hobos.

Why not add Business and Design and call it BDSM?

Great thread lads

Ironically the best artists are not artists but STEM types. da Vinci was the greatest artisit ever and he was an engineer. The greatest philsophers were all mathematicians too. Also the people who study art and nothing else in STEM are the ones who more than naught end committing atrocities. Hitler was an arts student and he destroyed the white race. Same thing with the Anglos who love Shakespeare, they are destroying the white race.

>Destroying the white race
>Says it like it's a bad thing

?????

((((you))))

Atrs have nothing to do with the others, they are subjective.

>There is literally no reason against this
Theorem: yes there is
Proof: it's retarded

>卍卍卍you卍卍卍

"STEM" has no reason to exist

do whatever you want to it, it doesnt have any bearing on reality

Posting a favorite.

Replying with a kek

tech companies started hiring artfags to make GUIs, ads and video game models

desu I want them all to burn

Absolutely BTFO

B T F O
T
F
O

Let's be honest -- people only give a fuck about the TE. The STEM circlejerk is also insufferable.

to be fair lots of visual arts types /ic/ included hate what modern art departments have become
check out ateliers that are continuing the charles bargue course and sight size sort of things

Fine arts, sure

>STEM: large overlap in topics, so much so that college freshmen take the same classes regardless of major
>STEAM: the most humane of the humanities is grouped with fields of study that are its almost complete opposite.

Science
Humanities
Arts
Mathematics
Engineering

no

Natural Sciences
Economics
Enigineering
Technology

Fysics
Astronomy
Geology
Geography
Oceanography
Topology
Science

>no reason against this
There is also no reason for this

No.

NURSING
INFORMATICS
GENDER STUDIES
GEOGRAPHY
ECONOMICS
RELIGIOUS STUDIES
SCIENCE

Science
Technology
Engineering
Mathematics
Medicine

People who get medical degrees just to give diabetes and boner pills to senior citizens terrified of death three days a week and play golf the rest of the time need to know people are catching on to the whole "conflict of interest" that separates the field of medicine from more rigorously beneficial fields of science.

Is there an innovative need for art? Will art reinforce the world for the better? Is there even demand for art? I don't think so but if you want to argue against me I'm open to any decent suggestions!

More like SHAME

Wrong, friend. Analytical chemistry PhD and employed at Shimadzu for one and a half years. Please elaborate how far your shitty liberal arts degree has gotten you ;^)