My English professor just talked about how "the radiation from cellphone causes brain cancer"

My English professor just talked about how "the radiation from cellphone causes brain cancer"
I wish I was joking, I really wish I was
what are some psuedoscience cringe things you've heard before

Other urls found in this thread:

ehtrust.org/national-toxicology-program-finds-cell-phone-radiation-induces-dna-damage/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Toxicology_Program
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2569116/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My english professor last semester actually said the same thing

ehtrust.org/national-toxicology-program-finds-cell-phone-radiation-induces-dna-damage/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Toxicology_Program

1W/kg
Congrats you just proved that if I taped 20 cellphones to my head and made them run at full power semi-continuously for 18 hours a day I might damage my DNA.

1W/kg is 50% of the permitted limit for a cell phone

Even when running at full power my phone might use a watt or two but that includes every component.

>the radiation from cellphone causes brain cancer
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2569116/

That is because it does.
I'm a biochemistry student and medical enthusiast.
Do some reading before you dismiss things, eh?

> english professor
What mcdonalds degree you going for ?

Sunlight is more damaging. Your own body puts out more thermal energy too. If you've gotten to the point where cellphones are relevant you already don't have long to live.

> it's ok to piss in my cereal since even worse stuff exists

When you're essentially arguing for the toxicology of something as safe as water you deserve to have your cereal pissed on.

stay away from my kids, pervert

burn

>safe as water
k

lool premed

memes aside, does Veeky Forums think there may be a correlation between western sperm rates going down to the fact that almost every guy in the west is keeping a cellphone in their pocket? I'm sure xenoestrogens from plastics are probably a larger contributor to this, but could this have an effect?

No. Western countries have a higher percentage of white men, who have inferior genes and basically shit tier sperm. That is why if we want birth rates to grow in the west we need potent black sperm to impregnate white women to get rid of the inferior white male genes.

kek
mods please kill this thread.

Of course no!!!

My god, this is totally more related to plastic in water and the hormones you eat in food, I mean for fuck sake there are places who sell cut cheese with plastic between each small piece, it is obnoxious the amount of plastic we are creating and are not giving a fuck...

Which if you take in account that plastic takes thousands of years to degrade, and the first ton of plastic that was made is still somewhere(probably in the ocean), the thought is terrifying.

And the new evidence that shows that the ocean is fucking full of micro plastics that infected already almost everything that we eat

Cellphones cause you no accountable damage, you will have way higher risks of getting cancer from sunlight then cellphones.

The energy emitted from cellphones is not ionizing, it is like saying radio waves you cause you cancer.

fuck off back to

Quantum physics. Anything you say you can see smaller than the "electrons" you use to see it is insane. Especially when you start saying outcomes can change do to an observer. Outcomes must always happen the same in a controlled environment regardless of opinions. That's what makes it a science.

Does your university not have communications requirements?

I have to take 4 arts courses and 2 communications (english or writing) courses to graduate with a BSc. Makes more well-rounded graduates IMO. But then you get dinks like OP's English Prof.

this but unironically