Math for a Brainlet

Brainlet here, and I have a calc 1 midterm in 20 hours, and its just, How the fuck do you guys actually get good at this shit? Its so fucking boring! And its so many fucking factors to keep track of.

One of the problems i have to know how to do is to find the critical numbers of f(x) = e^2x(20x^2 + 5).

And this is supposed to be a breeze for you guys? Were you just born with super computers implanted in your brain? I cant take this shit. It already took the breath out of me to do this for x, and now they want me to take account for e? Why is it so fucking hard Veeky Forums. I used to get A+'s in algebra II, but this calculus shit hurts my head.

>ask for help
>call the subject you're asking for help on boring
U mite wand 2 reed rhetoric too

If you can't do the homework then get out. If solving problems is boring then don't do STEM.

Take a semester off to get caught up with your studies. Don't return until you're confident that you can pass with ease. It's really that simple.

You just use the power rule, product rule and chain rule

Im unironically majoring it Business or IT
My dad's going to kill me....
yeah. but thats fucking hard with e. I hate e so fucking much.

Really? You can't take the derivative of an exponetial and a polinomial? Do you read your textbook, go to classes? Or do you expect to learn it all 2 hours before the exam?

What you are doing isn't exactly math. You are literally computing. That's what computers are for. You can use some mathematical software with symbolic manipulation. Maybe even online wolfram alpha would be enough.

In general I never understood why they hammer all these basic transformation rules. It's not like you are ever going to do anything with them manually. In the rare case that you will you will remember them anyway.

>And this is supposed to be a breeze for you guys?
Yes, I do not really have to think how to do this at all, but this is honestly extremely boring and I can not blame you that.

This is far from what math is about applying some theorems to solve a stupid problem is just boring, especially when a computer can already to it significantly better then you.

>yeah. but thats fucking hard with e. I hate e so fucking much.
be glad that it is e and not some other number, that would make it a step harder.
"e" is also a very interesting number, exp is holomorphic on C, describes rotations in the complex plane, etc.

You are poisonous for mathematics.

Not him, but he is completely right, learning how to solve an integral has barely anything to do with mathematics.
It is a skill you should pick up naturally when proving the related theorems, transformation theorem, etc. and then just apply to one or two examples to see how it works.

All these example problems are just about applying some algebraic properties, you get absolutely no understanding from it.

You should be able to do both. Any good calc course will obviously have theoretical discussion and proofs. Being able to solve an integral becomes fundamental even in higher level stuff. If not, you get a bunch of useless purity faggs with no intuition.

again, the actual "solving an integral part" should come natural to you if you understand the theorems, it is nothing that you should train with dozens of examples. That is just a waste of time.

The fundamental theorem of calculus doesn't tell you how tiño calculate most integrals. That's why you learn "tricks". Most integrals aren't just cos(x) or sin(x) or a polinomial. Hell, in my class, when it was reduced to that we stopped solving it as it became trivial.

>The fundamental theorem of calculus doesn't tell you how tiño calculate most integrals.
No, but the "tricks" are other theorems or lemmas. There is no point at "getting really good at solving integrals" you just need to learn when to apply which rules.
In the first two semesters of my university we had like one homework sheet with one one question where we had to just calculate integrals.

Brainlet

he's not wrong though

he's right brainlet. or are you still in triple integral theory?

Yea, if you find a name for theorems and lemmas that correspond to all integration methods I would be quit surprised.
>u substitution, and by parts
Lol, if you think you can integrate knowing just this. And that your shitty course only carried this doesn't mean you should replace it. Again, any decent course will give proofs as hw too, but you still need to show you can do basic calculus.
No, I don't have to do that much calc in my day to day basis, but that's because I don't notice it when it comes as it's something fundemantal for me like knowing basic algebra and arithmetic. I bet you think math is just manipulating symbols.

examples help you understand the theorems, not the other way around.

>math is just manipulating symbols

but it literally is. you have to prove your manipulations are correct

>business
>can't deal with e
good luck kiddo, you'll need it

Calculus is fun. Calculus is interesting. But at a college level, it's not "a breeze". It takes actual effort. We understand this stuff because we try and pay attention and understand the stuff. Mathematics does not come naturally to anybody, but the understanding of it can, and that is through the teaching, the reinforcement of what has been taught, and the effort.

And, never be afraid to ask for help. If you fail, so what? I mean, you fail, but that's where you have to give effort and ask for help to change all of this.
Calculus is shit? Not if you give an effort.

What is non-boring math?
t. actual brainlet

as fellow 2hufag, I'll give you a tip:
math is much easier than running away from youkai who wants to eat your flesh when you inevitably brb gensokyo
Good day

depends what you like.

Kys

Literally subjective.

I'm a non math major but I love vectors a lot, I also think infinite series are very interesting. A lot of other things bore me although I'm sure some people would also think vectors and series are boring. You just have to learn things and see what you enjoy and are interested in most. Nobody can tell you what is interesting for you, but they can give suggestions based on their opinion.

Take the derivative of f with respect to x. c is a critical point if f'(c) = 0 or DNE and c is an element of the domain of f (x). Extreme are found by evaluating critical points using f. The hardest part is ensuring you derived properly. What exactly is the problem?

>>my calc I midterm is next Friday.

>CTRL+F 'brainlet'
>many results
Veeky Forums, you are awesome.

>t. easily amused brainlet