How many of you are living the Veeky Forums lifestyle?

How many of you are living the Veeky Forums lifestyle?

Bonus points for pics of empty booze bottles and mattresses on the floor.

You described the NEET lifestyle, not the Veeky Forums lifestyle.

Well....I'm about 50 grand in defaulted student loan debt, have only been out of rehab about 10 months, haven't even been able to find a job at a gas station or grocery store, have literally less than a dollar to my name at the moment, and am totally supported by my domineering mother.

I just got informed that one of my stories will be published this summer....so...I guess this is all pretty Veeky Forums

Congrats on the publish, guy!

Replace the booze with coffee/tea and you've got yourself a Veeky Forums champion

If the Veeky Forums lifestyle is working at panera bread as a dishwasher while spending all your other free time reading, then sure
sounds like you've been chewed up and spit out by the system and are still hanging on, good on ya

I drink all day with my parents' money and occasionally write short fiction that no one else will ever read.

>sounds like you've been chewed up and spit out by the system and are still hanging on, good on ya

Yeah, shit went kinda hilariously, ridiculously bad for me. More than anything I'd like to write my autobiography, just to tell people how fucked up things were.

Not that it's that much better now, just got an unpaid published cred is all. But it's a start.

is all of your food premade and just zapped in the microwave to serve?

dissenting opinion, you're probably just a bad person

>working at panera bread as a dishwasher while spending all your other free time reading, then sure
Once your basic monetary needs are fulfilled, time > money. Godspeed, man.

>dissenting opinion, you're probably just a bad person

Oh yeah, I totally am. All my writing is about bad, but at least likable people.

I live in a small port town that serves as the only departure point (other than flying) from the island I live on in the North Atlantic. I like riding the ferry (25 dollars for a walk-on 8 hour round trip) reading Hart Crane with a nice view of the sea, and for breaks I'll get out on the deck and sit with the sea air to clear my head

I mean, congrats on getting your story published I guess, but nobody wants to read about your self-pity party, especially when your rock bottom is letting mommy pay for everything

I would shy away from things autobiographical in a literal way. Infuse your experiences in characters and events from a modified angle, allegorical or whatever. For some reason I've noticed that a lot of beginning writers want to start with stuff that is very self-referential, only a hairs breadth away from being a straight up autobiography.

this is pretty fucking Veeky Forums dude, would stare wistfully out to sea while smoking a cigarette with

What makes you think that's what I write about...?

>wants to write an autobiography to 'tell his story'
>you just described your life in an earlier post

The story I got published is basically 10% me bitching about my current situation, in a 90% fictional story

Its not much, but it is mine

I can actually smell it

I'd imagine a lot of writers do something along the same lines in their work

>tripfag calling anyone a bad person

Do you work at a thornton's? I'm pretty sure you're in the same city as me, gaskun. Tryna track you down.

I thought he wiped old lady's asses and then dj'd at empty bars

i prefer reading about people who are good but unlikable, but i'd still read your stuff :P

>Veeky Forums as an adjective
>Veeky Forums as an adulatory adjective

I sleep on the floor no mattress already, even though I have a bed. It's so much more comfy

>IM JES LIEK DOSTOVSKY

I'd venture we're all aware that talking about having a "Veeky Forums lifestyle" is more or less silly, its called having fun

I am almost completely supported by my rich parents. As such, I only work the barest minimum of part-time jobs, with some freelance writing, editing, and proofreading on the side. I go to graduate school where I am currently getting an MA in English Literature. I want to be the great writer of this age, and tower over all others from this period in history. So far I've had three short stories published, but have been paid for none of them, and none were in noteworthy publications.

I'm going to get there because fuck you, I won't be stopped.

but which direction do you point your head while you sleep?

you don't think i'm funny, equals-sama? :/

that's the spirit

i live out of a van, smoke dope and drink vodka

did the whole army thing for 4 years and that was a heck of a hoot, afterwards i just didn't give a fuck about civilian life in general and just do whatever i want without pursuits of material wealth, vanity, or otherwise ambitions to some sort of social recognition or validation in society

haven't cashed in education benefits, academic achievement wasn't really a goalpost for me and i much prefer some sort of ensemblance of freedom than a metaphorical noose hanging above my head that is trademarks by a corporate sponsored bank in the form of a loan

eventually i will retreat to the coast, purchase land, park my van on that land and build my own cabin with green energy supplements which will take some time but anything is better than living on the grid and being told i owe someone something when i dont owe them shit

*semblance, btw

You need to earn money to buy land, so you're gonna have to spend some time on the grid like the rest of us "civs"

I'm still in lex but I'm the branch manager for a pharmaceutical distribution company now.

#opiatekun

Post a temp email.

leave faggot

well I guess SOMEBODY has to deliver children their military-industrial-mind-control medication. How else are we gonna make the little twerps sit still in school when spanking and rulers have been outlawed since the 80s?

i have a corporate consultant job, that i write about 2-3 emails for a week, work from home or from my squash club and read/write all day. the sheer hilarity of them not having figured it out yet is decently Veeky Forums - it's been a couple years of this

comfy

make me :^)

Cheers, user! Hope things turn around for you.

hook it up with methlyamine bro i got an operation out of my van

its legit i even got a tumblr

Nice jpegpasta.

I just drank a bunch of cough syrup and beer and now I'm writing a book about a dude who kills himself

>The fucking vomit on the bin

Literally what is the appeal of NOT having a mattress on the floor?

>extra furniture costs extra money
>extra stuff to deal with if you ever move
>can't collapse down on your bed at the end of the day

I know floor mattresses have that bachelor vibe about them, but I just can't see the appeal of "proper" beds.

when you sleep you sweat, so it pools in the bottom of the mattress. if you leave it on the ground there's a higher rate of it molding

I lift up my mattress every week or two when I put fresh sheets on it. Literally never seen mold in years of sleeping like this. You're probably right in theory but I've just never experienced or even heard about this.

>mattress on the floor

is it considered Veeky Forums to die of mild poisoning?

Because duct taping your partners wrists to the carpet is a hassle.

>participating in romantic relationships
>having sex

this is time you could spend reading

What about mine? sorry for shitty quality, shitty phone.
Hope you can see the thread in the computer.

I think you don't wanna see the bathroom.

>I just got informed that one of my stories will be published this summer...

Where did you send it to?

my wordpress blog

I guess my room isn't that clean either and we could all spend a bit of time keeping tidy in between reading great literature.

>tfw I actually clean my flat

oh well at least I'm sure I read more than most of this board since that's literally all I do apart from working

maybe

Don't you all feel fucking disgusting, what the fuck is wrong with you?

>die of mild poisoning
Is it really mild if you die from it?

>vomit

>oranges untouched

wild delusions of health

>teenagers neglecting their rooms

sums up Veeky Forums pretty much

my bed's half-broken and i use books to stack up the broken half to make it even plus i've been drinking wine on and off for the past year or so.
i don't read though.

Nigga, what did you do to the finish on your laptop?

xD

The shiny black parts are where the friction scraped through the layer of cheesy poofs

>crichton

The worst thing about this picture is the colour of your walls.

Rate my room, lads.

>this chair

Is the Russian Standard worth it?

I am a 36 year old with a PhD in Philosophy. I am $450k in debt and currently working two minimum wage jobs in order to stay alive. I work alongside 18 year olds and whenever they ask about my background I just tell them I've been in prison for a long time, which is less embarrassing than admitting the truth. I am probably the most well-informed Husserl scholar on the North American continent, perhaps in the world. My 1,500 page biography of his life has been rejected several dozen times. No college will take me on since they don't think Husserl is relevant, and that other applicants are therefore pushed to the head of the line. I have had 6 Husserl-related papers published in different journals and philosophical quarterlies, but have earned no money or recognition for having done so. I just moved to Abbeville, Louisiana since there is a job opening at the university in Lafayette and I decided to go all out in order to get it. But I've just found out that my application was rejected and now I'm stuck working at a Wendy's three shifts a week and a Barnes & Noble the rest of the time. I have no wife, no children, and at this point no friends I'm willing to talk to due to the shameful nature of my existence.

Why do you have bricks in your bedroom?

eww man... smoking inside your room is subhuman

This is such a British bedroom.

Reeks of cider and rollies and girls named "Charlie"

pretty comfy in my bed. i'm glad i left the times with the emtpy bottles and matresses on the floor behind me

clean your fan

L O N D O N

what makes you think i'm not a guy? or are you gay? or female?

>so many possibilities

>since that's literally all I do apart from working

He posted on Veeky Forums, which he as browsing for the third consecutive hour.

what does your room smell like, Veeky Forums?

You're a woman or a fag, literally everyone can tell that from your picture.

or i just have a gf, y'know

a continuous, decade-long fart

Back before it was that clean they were part of my impromptu desk.

I'll chat with you my friend, do you have any way to stay in touch?

If it was published already, I'd just tell you, but it ain't, so I'm not going to jinx it.

I live the pleb lifestyle because I loathe artsy fags

>parents are somewhat rich, they pay for all of my expenses
>live in a comfy 2 room apartments that is now disgusting, since I can't care after it (my hygiene is pretty bad too)
>spend my entire time reading, writing poetry, playing the piano, composing music and shitposting half a hour a day here on Veeky Forums
>leave my house once or twice a week, usually to buy food
>if I want to walk and think I'll do it late at night, when I'll be sure that I won't meet anyone
>narcissist enough to think that I'm a actual genius and that I can make the grratest art of this century
>also bipolar and actually autistic

>still manage to be a great conversationalist
>have always been the funniest guy in the group
>old people truly loves me, especially professors I've met and talked to in university

This is a sincere account of my personality and lifestyle so far.
Is this Veeky Forums enough?

Well, I've got the mattress on the floor. But it's only because my dog has arthritis and I don't want him jumping up and down that high. The lower bed is easier for him, old fellow.

>prescription medication addiction
>no job because wild uncontrolled epilepsy, going to see about vagus nerve stiumlation though, fingers crossed
>don't smoke
>drink minimally, alcohol lowers seizure threshold
>exercise daily, sometimes twice daily
>disability benefit
>vacuum clean house every second day
>pay rent every week
>can write all day every day if i want. once did for exactly three months and wrote nearly 500k which was an interesting experiment
>currently working on two different writing projects but slowly because i want precision not word diarrhoea

Very Veeky Forums

Very autistic in a non-Veeky Forums way

Sad
No, seriously :(
Good luck to you

Best of luck

>be 18 senior in high school
>Parents kick me out bc I'm a degenerate
>Live with Grandma in South Chicago
>Over two years become EMT, get my shit together, transfer out of community college to u of I
>Be 21 and high AF off Molly get a call from my sister my degenerate father is in the hospital after drunk driving into another car. Mom was in it too
>Begrudgingly go home and wish the fucker would just die already but he doesn't
>Bomb finals, over winter break go home to attempt to deal with shit, spring semester I'm a raging mess
>Don't bother re enrolling
>Spend the next year working again attempting to pay medical bills, house payments, legal fees bc the asshole killed someone
>Eventually he comes home a crippled mess but with a monthly 120 pill prescription of Vicodin and Xanax
>One day I go on a bender and miss work until I'm fired
>Decide to give community college another go but realize everyone there is really dumb AF but I bond with professor that's getting his master's at University of Chicago
>Breeze past a semester but next year I overestimate my potential and sign up for way more than I can handle so I go back hard on the Xanax and drop out again
>Dad finally is deemed in good enough condition to go to prison
>I begin to see all my friends graduate college and move on in life while I'm stuck getting fucked and fucking up
>Try and kill myself but I fuck that up too and end up having to go through all that
>Guess I come out better; quit drugs but drink essentially every night

I'm now 26 and have been working at a liquor store for two years. I don't really participate in life anymore. I've written a book that has nothing to do with any of the above. It's about simpler times. It's complete yet i can't bring myself to submit it.

I have the same pc bro

Good for relaxing and losing myself in the book I'm reading

I sleep on a mattress on floor of my parent's room. I have no job or prospects, and curently in $50k in debt. But, i read everyday, and shitpost on Veeky Forums.

I dont't know, you tell me.

>russki standart

good taste for a trainwreck of a human being

I work a job I hate with a degree in English and philosophy that gives me no time or energy to do little reading and no writing :(

>go to Columbia
>spend time on beautiful movie set campus
>have about 40 pages of Core Curriculum reading every day
>get rewarded with As in classes to just read what I'd love to read anyways
>surrounded by intellectual people all the time
>meet non-pretentious individuals in clubs and greek life
>spend time in New York City
>still get to spend my parents' money on food, travel, and alcohol
>majoring in philosophy and get internships in finance every summer
feels good man