I HURT MYSELF TODAY

I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/11/08/elon-musks-spacex-suffers-a-rocket-engine-failure-during-testing/?utm_term=.814717e33ef2

It's over.

He cannot possibly recover from this

>Test performed.
>Test is successful.
>Results show that engine has flaws.
>Redesign engine.
>Repeat until engine has no flaws.

That's how R&D works.

Space is difficult and no matter what con artists say it it will remain so.
Rather than wasting money on his scheme we should be asking the government to help responsible companies with decades of experience in the field who have produced actual results.
And can produce much more, if given the chance.
I believe after this rather expected accident, the people mesmerized by his lies will finally open their eyes.

>Launches literally dozen rockets into space
>For-profit private satellites literally encircling earth right now
>All lies according to sci brainlets

>sci
Lost your way on the way to reddit, son?

rip commercial crew program

I think you are an idiot.

>testing something new and powerful
>find an issue that causes a failure, exactly as youd expect for cutting edge design
>MUSK BTFO

What.

>fails during testing
>news feeds go apeshit

Do they not know what a "test" is?

>The incident, according to the source, took place not during an actual engine firing but during a troubleshooting activity called a “LOX drop” where liquid oxygen is flowed through the engine to look for leaks. It wasn’t clear how this test led to the anomaly that damaged the engine and its test bay.

>The mishap, SpaceX said in its statement, will not affect upcoming launches. “SpaceX is committed to our current manifest and we do not expect this to have any impact on our launch cadence,” the company stated.

>damage control

Corporations have no place in space because the risk of monopolizing resources that belong to all of humanity is far too great.

>the risk of monopolizing resources that belong to all of humanity
excuse me? What does this mean

Yes, let's keep it to the governments, who showed no interest in it in the last half century.

That isn't damage control, it is just a simple explanation of the event in context.

It is simply to stop people wasting time spamming them with dumb questions like "will this delay [something unrelated like any block IV launch]".

>Tesla burning through cash, key employees leaving and missing production deadlines
>Traders shorting stock of Solar City to the point were Musk had to get Tesla to acquire it so his margin loans wouldn't be called in (which would have meant him having to selling Tesla and possibly SpaceX stock to cover his loans)
>SpaceX rockets blowing up (probably the least of his worries)
When are the normies going to see his whole business model is memeing to the public about being "muh real life Tony Stark" then cash in on government subsidies

>produced actual results
??????
Doesn't SpaceX do more launches per anum than the rest of the industry combined now? (or some shit like that, i may be wrong.) And much cheaper to boot.

It really honestly feels like there is some sort of organized effort to shit on SpaceX because the only reason anyone one with two brain cells to rub together would think a TEST firing of a TEST engine failing would somehow open everyone's eyes to whatever nonexistant lies you're talking about, would be if their parroting someone else's contrarian opinion.

Everyone equally owns each cubic meter of the exosphere, so corporations flying satellites through it violate the NAP by trespassing.
If you guys ever see Elon in a Stand Your Ground state, you know what to do...

man i feel 2020 will be a mars accident

Why? Is their going to be a Mars test?

This has to be a joke, right?
>experienced in the field who have produced actual result
Like the first private company to have an orbital class booster land on earth and who has single-handedly stole market share from ULA (Military industrial complex) because they made launches more cost effective.

This has been said since 2007.

Smugmusk.jpg

Musk FTW