Have you ever refuse to read some author because of his ideology? i'm a black man, from latino-america...

have you ever refuse to read some author because of his ideology? i'm a black man, from latino-america, and i recently discovered that many authors that i already read and liked were racists. well, basically, all the relevant authors before the twenty-first century, especially the americans, were racists. it's a historical context thing, i know.

anyway.

at first, it's a bit uncomfortable to deal with it. but i don't think i would refuse to read a novel because of that, unless it was something really done to offend me. however, in any case, i feel a bit uncomfortable, for example, to say i enjoyed reading lovecraft or faulkner. it's hard to explain. maybe, this is clearer for someone born and raised in usa, amdist a latent and frequent racial tension, because of the reminiscences of the recent segregationist past.

another example, i've already seen many people refuse to read gabriel garcia marquez and pablo neruda because they were leftists.

how do you deal with it? it's something you just try to ignore?

It's a matter of separating the artist from the art. I hate muslims with a burning passion but I think Cat Stevens made some fantastic music back in the day. There's nothing to deal with, really. You either let the artist's beliefs interfere with your appreciation of their art or you don't.

>because of his ideology
You mean because of your ideology you fuck

Faulkner was the opposite of a racist...

how is being born black is an ideology lol

I know what you mean I want to read Crippled America but Trump is so racist!

It isn't but you've taken your identity and made it the cornerstone of your ideology. A common problem in the US especially.

>be gay
>enjoy reading, equally:
>authors who have the most fierce and most vicious and most condescending things to say about the putrid sodomite problem
>authors who extoll the heavenly virtues of man-love as opposed to plebeian breeders
stop being a fag

I don't read things made by commies.

what do you mean?

every reasonable and honest person is a racist, i.e. accepts a racial hierarchy of competence

Not true

yes all races are equal.

He was against segregation and portrays blacks pretty positively in his novels?

I'm a Muslim and I don't hate you and I wish I knew you in person so I could show you that not all Muslims are bad

Nice bait, almost bit.

Fuck off pedo

I hope Marine and Geert kick your ass out one day.

Muhammad was a pedophile btw.

I just don't like how self righteous Muslims are, how they think that because they bow on a run seven times a day that they're getting into Paradise and everyone else isn't. I also don't like how you try to force everyone to follow your rules, and how intolerant you are of other cultures. If my government was actually committed to multiculturalism and freedom of religion, they wouldn't let you guys in because you'll ruin it for everyone.

Not him by the way, just another infidel.

interesting. no, i've never done this.

fuck

nigger
faggot
goatfucker

Veeky Forums is a white christian board, get out

kek, i wish i knew you in person too for when the day of the rope comes

I refuse to read women because of their men owe me mentality.

>the people who responded to this post

I'm sorry that you had to endure this, user.
>tfw not even on Veeky Forums universal brotherhood is achievable

>being born back

Stop enabling misogyny.

This is cute

Would you have universal brotherhood with a neo-nazi? I bet you've complained about /pol/ before yet you don't realize that Islam is a browner, less computer literate version of /pol/