Who is the most popular author under 30 years of age in your country?

Who is the most popular author under 30 years of age in your country?

Pic related: in the UK it's probably Ben Brooks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uieMCZogTgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who the hell is he?

Ben Brooks

Luisa Geisler, brazilian.

>who the hell is he?

Ben Brooks, born in 1992, author of prize-winning novels "Grow Up" and "Lolito", and several other novels ("Hurrah", "The Kasahara School Of Nihilism", "Fences"). He describes Philip Larkin as a "boring old cunt" and counts Tao Lin, Mira Gonzalez and other contemporary alt-lit writers as close friends.

Here's a recent video interview: youtube.com/watch?v=uieMCZogTgU

This guy seems like such a twat.

Ben Brooks
>published author
>written several novels
>doesn't have to work a full-time job
>has easy access to PTAP
>has lived in London, Barcelona, Berlin and other major cities
>still young and potent

You
>posts anonymously on a barely-visited internet forum dedicated to teenage memes
>angry
>jealous
>resentful
>unpublished
>obscure

Hmmmm....make u think

>posts anonymously on a barely-visited internet forum dedicated to teenage memes
>angry
>jealous
>resentful
>unpublished
>obscure

True. But my point stands.

Another one of those pretenders being shilled here.

Stop shilling

Go to bed, Ben

Sage in all fields

Can we please stick to the topic?

Pic related for Ireland, Republic of:

Sam Coll
Aged 27
Debut novel "The Abode of Fancy" published last year

is she a good writer?

more like is she a good rider nawmsayin lmao

Ad hominem

Woah, he looks so... literary!

>that hairline at 27

David Foster Wallace proved Literature is dead
There are no authors anymore, just LARPers

ad hominem

bump

>Bump replies are not necessary.

This thread premise is fucking awful. Youth worship and cult of popularity rolled up into one hot, steamy shit of a thread. Just let it die. Please.

> reading books published after 1950
Literally why?

me
U.S.A.
age 18
published "My Diary, Desu"

Wow. You're very smart.

>More popular writers in my country under that age
Is a tricky question. By popular, like bestsellers? I would say, some random celebrety tv. The "literary" world here is about knowing the right people and all of them are over the 30. Under 30 are self publishing and doing fanzines, so they are popular en their little circles.
Really, I tried to think a name, but I can't.

He's a writer, what do you think?

Oh I remember Ben Brooks posting here.

He's back again?

Ad Hominem

Ad hominem

Old salty has-been detected.

Daily reminder that if you aren't published by the age of 25, then you aren't going to make it.

Which country?

almond hominid

Make what?

DELETE THIS, YOU BASTARD!

>Brazilians
>reading

>Ben Brooks
have you read luzes? i'm gonna start reading quiçá as soon as my vacations start

not sure how to feel about that

>reading books published after 1800

Ad Eminem

Amo ela.

ad hominem

I don't know who the biggest Canadian author under 30 years old is, but it'd be pretty awesome if some time within the next few years it'll be me. Working on my 5th book and if I keep up the pace, I think I could literally have around 20 books finished by the time I'm 30. I'm a fast fuckin' typist, got 10,000 words down in a roughly 6-hour period once. Considering my 'best selling' book is a zombie survival novel though... it's kind of a stretch to think I'll gain any sort of notoriety. Still, we'll see. I mean, even Max Brooks ended up writing a book that became a movie after several years.

Looks like he got fat compared to OP's pic.

Ok
>angry
Hah, nah
>jealous
Nope; he probably earned what he has and where he's gotten himself in life
>resentful
I don't think so
>unpublished
Self-published, which is a very legitimate way for an aspiring writer to start out in this day and age.
>obscure
Fact. Only got about 10 paperback sales and... I dunno... maybe 15 eReader sales? Over 1000 KENP/KU page reads though, and also gave away 126 copies of my books during a free promotion recently. Will likely be doing another promotion in a week or so.

I don't make money, not yet, but with determination and some talent just about anyone can get a start with self-publishing. I've been self-published for over 5 months and haven't received so much as a dime so far, but it's damn fun to write, I feel proud every time I put another book up for self-publication, and slowly but surely my sales are indeed rising. I've sent a couple manuscripts to one publishing company just for kicks, but honestly, I'm fine if I never get traditionally published. I dare say I will someday though however I want to keep my eReader versions on Kindle. If I get traditionally published, they will ONLY be dealing with physical copies. I want to keep my books on KDP Select and Kindle Unlimited, and you can't do that if you let other companies publish eReader versions of your books.