What do you regret today Veeky Forums?

What do you regret today Veeky Forums?

I regret not waking up at 7 to study.

I regret coming here again.

Staying up till 11 being "social" when I have to wake up at 4 AM for work

I regret waking up at 13.40 instead of 12 since I have to wake up at 6 am tomorrow morning

I regret being an engineer. But I'm too deep now to change and all other majors make shit pay anyways.

Why do you regret the engineering master race?

being good

Not learning programming in my teens.

Not taking differential equations because it wasn't required

I regret wasting money on this shitty college and ever taking this parttime job due to which I'll have to spend another 12 hours at work+classes, not including commute

IT is a bubble, in 10 years they will earn pennies

What the FUCK type of brainlet university did you go to which didn't require this course?

Not going in STEM because I was lazy

Not switching my major sooner

I feel like now I'm working so hard on catching up that I never get to actually ponder the material and I'll never get any real research done as an undergrad

I could have used that bubble to get a high paying job though.
I do agree with you though. In the future, programming will be as elementary as literacy.

I regret not thinking more scientific when i was a baby so that this empirical way of thinking was more natural in my mind and id be a supergenius without even understanding what it means to be a supergenius.

Underrated

At least your not in cs, never fall for cs. I can never unlearn the stupidities the people have forever scarred me.

What's wrong with CS?

Let's think of it this way , you learn basic math basic engineering logic and spend the rest of your time analyzing data structured and working on dinky projects. CS is not hard it just takes long to do the projects logic wise anyone who's graduated in physics engineering or math will blaze through the logic as well. CS is meant to be a filler for the brainlets that don't want to do engineering and just the minimum non applied math. Computer science itself can be considered a blue collar job.

lmao waking up at 7 kill me now

I regret not buying $500 worth of bitcoin in 2010.

I could have too, I had heard of it back then and though "lel monopoly money, what morons would buy it"

I regret saying that isn't okay

i regret everything

It it can still be a pretty powerful major if you go further than the minimum required math right?

I don't know a whole lot about CS, but the impression i get is that a lot of CS programs don't bother to teach the actual mathematics of computation, which CS students would benefit from

The difference is if they forced the math 3/4 of cs students would be failing. I can't say its a powerful major since it's simply a dumbed down version of other majors. The math alone won't even be that beneficial unless they take other classes with it. Honestly I have so many engineering classes I'm squeezing into my cs degree I might as well just have gone into coen.

why are not in engineering then? those monkeys don't even have math in their plans

I didn't hear about bitcoin till around 2013 so I already missed that train but someone was telling me how Etherium was going to be the next big thing and I should make an investment, I told him "Only bitcoin matters, all other coins sound like a scam". If I listened I could of been living in a cosy house near a sunny beach with a qt3.14 gf.

2 reasons switching from cs to eng means you restart from square one . yes the soen classes have the same classes as cs but they aren't considered equivalent as a result I would have to redo all those classes minus all the first year eng math which I've been taking.

Secondly I want to leave uni as soon as fucking possible I want to go back and work full time thus restarting or adding years would just make that worst.

So just a heads up to anyone thinking is cs unless you want to go into webdev sav yourself the trouble and go into engineering.

who the fuck would spend years of studying at a university to become a developer?

i think what would apply better would be: don't go to uni if you just want a piece of paper to force your employer to pay you more. Your time is better spend elsewhere if you don't care about the subject

Indeed it would except my employer is the one sending me back to get a bachelor's. And just a heads up its extremely hard getting government and security dev jobs without a degree unless you have a lot of experience. I'm speaking from experience when I say you'll spend every employment proving you are as well versed as those with the degrees.

After reviving my curiosity from formal schooling and drive to learn as an autodidact, I regret going to university and killing my momentum with rigid rote memorization of highschool 2.0 trivia that would fade from memory and have nothing to do with my career. There's no room for learning through trial and error, as demonstrated by gooks who get into a mourning circle for getting an A- on a lab experiment. It all conditions you to be afraid of risk and not wanting to engage the material I'm fear of being punished for making a mistake.

Fuck university. Fuck school. I'm glad instead to have finished a practical hands on college training program working with a mentor.

it doesn't teach shit anyways

Today I did not do as much as I wanted. I snorted some ritalin and masturbated my half hard cock for about an hour. But I also read the introduction on inductance for my intro E and M class so things could be worse.

Not making the most of my college days. Now I have to almost start over.

wasting a shit load of time and money on a degree in international affairs before switching to economics

ultimately glad i made the switch though

Agreed. Should have picked electrical engineering or math. goddamn it.

I regret not helping my mother with her drug addiction.

I don't get it. If CS is so easy why don't you fags double major

I fucking spent 6 hours today learning how to find the error of Taylor Polynomial approximations

I should just neck myself, not that theres a brain there to suffocate.

I regret many things but today it's mostly having not studied more in the past

don't feel bad, i learned how to multiply matrices at the beginning of the semester (didn't get it in high school) and it still takes me a long fucking time to make sure i got it right

Simply as a matter of fact, I regret not studying harder in high school and college. However, I'm not sitting around lamenting over it all day. Regret solves nothing, only wastes time. The past is the past and no amount of sorrow is going to change it.

I regret waking up

All I did today dad shit post on sci

You sound like a brainlet who couldn't handle the rigors of university life. Stick to grunt work, you'll never be as smart as the rest of us.

I regret having to study Swedish even though I'll never use it.
Fuck Finland.

How do you study early in the morning?
The instant I feel bored by anything, I start falling asleep. This is exaggerated when I'm also tired because I just woke up. All through school and at every job I've ever held, I've had a problem with falling asleep the instant things stop being mentally engaging. So how the fuck do you study, when studying is literally reading shit you've already read before? How does that engage you mentally? Reveal your secrets.

It might be hard for you to believe but a lot of people work full time while in uni or wanna rush the fuck out of uni taking more workload doesn't help. If you do basic cs you have a lot of time working on side projects and building a portfolio so the students who never worked in the field need to work on that to even be considered.

Just sleep 8 hours (or any number that is required by your body), then take a cold shower. Use the Pomodoro technique to keep yourself focused.

Juste sleep well every night. For me I try to aim for 8 hours. However whenever I have a day where I don't need to wake up early for any particular reason (weed days don't count) usually it's Sunday because Saturday I work morning, I just let myself sleep as much as my body needs. This is like a "recovery" kinda sleep. As for studying in the morning. I don't know man I just get motivated by the fact that I don't want to get dicked by uni and want to maintain my A+ average. Also my studying is STEM so it's not really reading over and over the same thing, which makes it more interesting and less boring to me.

Living