My son is dumb as shit and will probably accomplish nothing in life

>my son is dumb as shit and will probably accomplish nothing in life

Any books for this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

thefamouspeople.com/profiles/john-stuart-mill-150.php
tweelingenregister.org/nederlands/verslaggeving/NTR-publicaties_2016/Zeeuw_LID_2016.pdf),
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my mom's diary, desu

It's your fault, shitlord. Your the parent, take responsibility and get off of a weab image board and help your child.

Must be genetic..

Fall of the Roman Empire

heh

maybe if you didnt sit him infront of a tv or feed him genetic mutated meat or actually spent time with him instead of Veeky Forums then he wouldn be a fucking retard

youre a terrible father and you are projecting your bad fathering onto your retarded child

Something Happened

How do you know and how old is he?

Also, Meditiations by Marcus Aurelius

This desu

He needs direction. Build him up instead of breaking him down you worthless excuse for a parent. I got my linguistics BA after 6 years of homelessness because my parents never taught me shit and I was as dumb as any other homeless hippie. But I found out what I liked and pursued it.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

My Journal Dadsu

>Marcus Aurelius
DUDE LET YOUR INSANE FREAK OF A SON INHERIT YOUR EMPIRE LMAO

>all these projecting faggots
I tried, I really did, and I'm still trying. I tried to introduce him to many different academic subjects, sports, etc. The only thing he likes is soccer and he sucks at it. We also don't have a TV, dumbbass

How old is he ?

The Corrections has a part about a woman who loses her child who was an uninspired artist. After her kid died, the mother began drawing detailed images of hands holding guns and discovered she was very technically gifted, and that people liked her work a lot. There is a cool idea that your children, despite what you'd hope, won't necessarily be superior iterations of yourself.

But children don't need those boring academic things. Children need silly and fun things.

Pls, that's all your fault.

He turns six next month.

No one here really knows what the kid needs, or what OP has done and to what extent. It's fucking stupid to criticize him like this.

Just relate or think about the anxiety that your child may be stupid, or worse actually a retard. That scares me and I don't even have a kid.

>The only thing he likes is soccer
that's a normal child in Brazil
you had your son in the wrong place

Is this bait? Most children are dumb at six. Has he even started school yet?

like father, like son

Embarrassing.

Your kid will want to kill himself, what a fucking disaster

>No one here really knows what the kid needs
every healthy kid needs a proper childhood as I said
read Mill's biography and u'll know why. ;)

thefamouspeople.com/profiles/john-stuart-mill-150.php

Entirely your fault. Did you drill any math/chess/lit/draftsmanship/musicl instrument into his head? Whose job do you think that is?

>Did you drill any math/chess/lit/draftsmanship/musicl instrument into his head
Yes, literally all of the above. Did you know that it's possible for a kid to be naturally stupid?

I don't think you're the sharpest pencil in the box either, as evidenced by you asking for parenting advice on a Veeky Forums literature board.
However, I don't think you have a son, this is just too idiotic to not be a troll thread.

He's six. He might not have a predisposition to being a prodigy but you can do some really really important things right now, and i cant stress this enough. You have to try however you can, please don't give up. If you have even a slight disposition towards drawing or chess or whatever when you are a kid it produces something impossible to get again when you're an adult.

How in general have you attempted to teach him/failed so far?

>I don't think you're the sharpest pencil in the box either, as evidenced by you asking for parenting advice on a Veeky Forums literature board
I don't think you're the sharpest pencil in the box, seeing as I never asked for parenting advice on a Veeky Forums literature board. What's idiotic about having a dumb son?

>asks what's idiotic about it after posting:
>>my son is dumb as shit and will probably accomplish nothing in life
>Any books for this feel?

I guess it's mostly sad

you can't fix stupidity, stupid

>I guess it's mostly sad
Well I can agree with you on that one

>complains about people projecting
>doesn't even explain the situation

It was your worthless genes' fault desu

why are you all such dumbfucks? I never asked for parenting advice, you fucks just had to come in here and predictably criticize me and make up shit about me. I literally just wanted book recs.

I think all these people berating you are fucking morons. I wish I had something to rec you because I'd love to read this.
Gives me something to write, from my father's perspective of course.

>father is a Veeky Forums feelposter

I'd kill myself at that point desu

I recommended a book and you didn't even reply. Caught up in a bunch of BS, tunnel vision training a 6 year old chess and rhetoric.

but you can mask it with $$$

99% of the world are helpless morons and they're just fine. At least your son won't be ostracized

they're 'fine' but they're not exactly living it up

>implying junior isn't a master manipulator artificially manufacturing his "stupidity" as a mask

dumb people are the only happy ones

congrats OP, mine's a little older and I always thought he was intelligent, but now at 14 he's turned into a fedora-tipping edgelord that can't stop spewing his autism in every direction, I am pretty sure he shitposts on r/t_d as well

>he's not a prodigy at 14 so he's stupid
>his father actually believes that

well, I guess the odds are against him

No 'Death of a Salesman' yet?

Please read this. Father is brilliant and daughter is a dunce and average looking to boot.

Of Mice and Men

they also contribute to the hills of society, lower standards for what is acceptable

I feel sorry for your son. You're an awful father.

skylark - kosztolanyi

i love the kid and i think he's fairly intelligent, he's just become too edgy 5 me and is in the midst of one of those "nietzsche mid-life crises" that "tfw to smart for school" teenagers have, which is only hurting his future prospects

yeah i just hate that he's a ledditor, but i know i would be an objectively worse father if i secretly helped him migrate to /pol/

Parenting, as long as it's not literally abusive, has literally no effect on intelligence (tweelingenregister.org/nederlands/verslaggeving/NTR-publicaties_2016/Zeeuw_LID_2016.pdf), so at least you don't have to feel bad for raising your child poorly.

>tfw had potential
>tfw 24, still not graduated college, unemployed, do nothing day in day out

That's the risk you take when you have kids, faggot, have fun. Read Ligotti and come to terms with your mistake

same.

He's young still. You need to socialize him a lot so, even if he isn't very bright, he's not an introverted autist when he's older. Just let him have fun, he's still a child. Don't force him into academic stuff.

Don't stress over him; don't shelter him.

I am far more successful than all the people I know who have lived sheltered lives with domineering parents.

So just relax and let him have fun (get him outdoors).

Take him to a zoo or some shit nigga kids love animals.
>tfw my father didn't sit around bitching about me not being a literary genius at age 6

you do know you were supposed to prepare for this right. you were supposed to imagine all the unchangeable things your child could have before you had him and adapt to help his strengths and overcome his weaknesses. anyways just cause he is dull doesn't mean he is bad or less worthy than you or someone very bright. he can still be an exceptionally good/kind/talented kid he just isn't an academic. try teaching him to love helping people or practicing something.

Praying to a Laughing God, Kevin Maccolley.

You sound like an asshole. Shouldn't you be concerned whether or not your child is happy?

What if your son is just one of those kids better suited to a trade and not university?

This.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being dumb, exactly. Better to be aware of your limitations rather than overstretch yourself pursuing a goal you will never reach. Teach him to pursue opportunity, not to chase his dreams. One of the major problems with modern society is that we have stigmatized the working class to the point that everyone aims to escape it - including the people who a generation ago would have happy and prosperous in the trades. Those same people are trying and failing to make it in careers they are just not cut out for, flooding the market with unqualified labor and leaving the trades starved. Everybody loses.