Why philosophy students IQ is so far from other humanities majors IQs and is only beaten by Math and Physics?

Why philosophy students IQ is so far from other humanities majors IQs and is only beaten by Math and Physics?

They're the future attorneys.

So why not Law students?

math is just an extension of logic, which in turn is an extension of philosophy

diz

Have you read a philosophy essay. The amount of information makes each paragraph work like a gigantic equation. You gotta have pretty good analytical skills to truly understand the ideas.2

Only autist wanna major in math, physics and philosophy.

t. brainlet

Actually I am studying Philosophy, and I am just surprised, as for me it is not that hard, and I was thinking that this is also needed for other humanities as every work of literature and any historical event or social phenomena can be understood in pretty much infinity of ways, and I though that this is something that should be a part of any serious humanities study.

Im majoring in Math/Physics

t. autist

>he thinks it's an insult here

Hence my point

How is business above chemistry? Most business majors are dumb as shit.

Maybe because it's based on the GRE which is complete bullshit.

Why is physics/astronomy higher than math?

You're probably used to the hard parts due to self studying. It doesn't change the fact that it is not simple for someone, even with a high verbal IQ, to grasp all concepts in your average philosophical essay.

>when philosophy major and engineering majors call me brainlet because they got an 85 in calc 2

>average physics student IQ is nearly 140
>half the fucking chart is over 120
yeah no

This makes me feel less retarded. I lurk here because I admire proper science autists for being able to deal with spooky numbers and concepts, but philosophy is a thing which I have always had a good handle on.

>Average astronomer is a super genius.

ok.

What standard deviation is this?

>economics

there's no way those suit-wearing larpers are an average 130

and what the hell is an "intended major"?

>suit-wearing larpers

or maybe that's business majors.

Analytic philosophy shares a lot in common with math and logic, at least historically.

Also, these scores are way too high, unless it's graduate students, which makes sense since it's from GRE scores.

I'm not sure I entirely believe the exact numbers either, but how many people exist outside this whole spectrum?

This is all estimated from GRE scores, and even if you're dogshit at the GRE I'm gonna hazard a guess you could be above-average when you consider all the people who aren't even considering taking it. And, that's not including how you stack up to people without Bachelor's degrees. Like, how many in the US don't have one? 60%? More?

I think you'll find that, generally speaking, people who are serious about their education are generally smart. It doesn't strike me as THAT implausible.

But what is implausible is that Biochemistry isn't on there iq 90000000 mutha fuckas we're so much smarter than physics nerds we don't even need more than calc 2

Fellow philosophy major here. You know knowledge is an end in itself, so why not study math and science alongside philosophy? That's what I do in my free time. I'm intending to combine it all and specialize in philosophy of science in grad school. Reading Heidegger and Kierkegaarad is fun but it can get boring if that's all you do. Why not apply your analytical skills to the modern world?

I graduated two years ago but if you're still in college, strongly consider taking math and physics courses as your electives. Don't listen to other people; I wasted around five electives on shit like anthropology and English because I listened to brainlets. Oh, also study. Study really hard. Read more than is required of you. Aim for the highest GPA possible. Write more than you need to. Try and get published. The philosophy community is harsh as fuck because our skills don't mean shit outside academia, so you really need to knock it out of the park if you want a decent chance at grad school (assuming that's what you want to do). I did none of that and now I need to make up for it with a Master's if I want to get into academia. Don't be me.

Most philosophy majors, especially those that study analytical philosophy, are required to take a course on formal logic, which is a weed out class.

>tfw all the retarded pot smoker faggots drop out because of set theory
Lol this faggs want to take that course out of the required curriculum.

A course in informal logic should be required in high school and formal logic for college (all majors).

Stop preaching, God.

If you disagree with my position, please feel free to challenge it.

>Materials, chemical and even MECHANICAL ahead of EE majors in IQ
How the fuck will EElets ever recover? I thought electrical/computer engineers were supposed to be """smart"""

Suicide rates would go up tremendously.

Too late.

>vector calc to 8th graders
>real analysis to 11th graders
you know this pic is bait right?

Vector calculus is easy.

This
t. Physics major

How do you estimate IQ from GRE scores?

GREs and SATs correlate with IQ. Then again, so does studying.

>real analysis
Yeah, this is definitely bait. If anything, it should go before probability theory.