How much of being fat is about lifestyle choices and how much is about having good genes...

How much of being fat is about lifestyle choices and how much is about having good genes? Do genes affect metabolism that drastically from person to person, or is it more about lifestyle and diet choises?

Genes not directly related to metabolism have a bigger effect.(ugly,manlet etc.)

Genes from my experience. My body just straight up does not store fat. All I get if I over eat is digestive problems. And I like eating. I binge eat junk food until I get digestive problems. Usually takes a couple days in a row of 3,000 calories of cookies, chocolate and potato chips as well as some healthy food also.

Imagine you're a toy factory. You get raw materials and make toys out of them. People buy the toys you produce. If you get too much of raw materials, you expand your factory to be able to process it all. If you produce too many toys, you store them for later sales. The trick is in managing your toy production with demand for toys.

If you overeat, you're supplying your factory with too much of raw materials and you grow bigger. The more you overeat the more you can process. This can quickly spiral out of control and you just keep getting bigger and bigger, but all you're growing is your toy storage and production capabilities while selling very little.

You're grossly underestimating how much fat people understate their food intake. You think you're eating a lot and not gaining fat, but you're actually eating very little compared to a fat person.

You should practice a little bit your metaphors.

What would you recommend? People like that do not understand that you cannot gain more weight from food than the weight of the food, I thought toys are simple enough to understand.

Concordance rates in twin studies for BMI are like .80, so yep it's highly genetic.

But even that assumption is wrong, forget metaphors all together for now.

Im saying my body will only allow me to over eat to a certain extent. It will try and convert every last bit of everything into energy, which is hell on my digestive system.

Even if genes play a large portion and are stacked against you, you can't defeat the first law of thermodynamics. Fatties gonna fat.

So why can some people eat all the beer and pizza they want and it never shows? Where does that energy go?

They are clearly genetically gifted and you have no control over how fat you are, don't change anything about your habits as it is in your genes that you didn't choose and are not to blame for.

They either spend it doing work (not all work is "useful" or "active" work), or it's otherwise lost through inefficiencies in absorption or whatever else. Maybe some people are lucky and can eat whatever they want and not get fat. The point is that there are no genetics that make you fat. More energy going in than out makes you fat.

But that still doesn't answer my question; why do some people stay lean while othetr gather mass more easily? Do they burn fat more efficiently? Does that have something to do with evolution?

Yes you're simply unlucky and you cannot control how much you eat, stay fat and happy that it's not your fault and blame genetics. War is peace.

>So why can some people eat all the beer and pizza they want and it never shows?

young people with high metabolisms. Youth goes away.

Where does that energy go?
>energy
shit energy from shit intake food. not healthy.
energy is used, fat is used for energy or stored. You don't put regular gas in a supercar and expect it to perform at its peak, if only for a bit but not forever

Still no excuse to eat shitty as a lifestyle (ie avg. american diet)

>Still no excuse to eat shitty as a lifestyle (ie avg. american diet)
t. person from cuck country that hasn't contributed anything to science since WWII (which as won thanks to US)

America? Ya, Sounds right. The Burgerland has stop evolving and it's pretty sad.

youre going to need to do better with your baits in the future

90% or more of metabolic syndrome (Basically a clinical term for obesity + hypertension + diabetes mellitus type 2 or insulin resistance + dyslipidemia) cases are "primary" or "essential" meaning that it sort of just happens without a clear cause like endocrinological disesaes (Like Cushing syndrome or hypothyroidism) or renal artery stenosis or whatever else that causes these. Genetics of course play a role, but primary metabolic syndrome is very multifactorial and has to do a lot with lifestyle. Family history of metabolic syndrome is often a clue that you might be predisposed to it but it doesn't mean you will have obesity, diabetes etc. Exercise, dietary control, etc. will often prevent it very effectively. Unless you have a specific endocrinological disorder, or genetic diseease that causes problems in the regulation of hunger (These are not the case most of the time) it's probably primary. However if you think you are doing whatever you can to prevent weight gain, do exercise and restrict your calorie intake, but still gain weight, then you should probably get checked out at an internal medicine clinic or by your primary care physician and they might refer you to endocrinology.