Is there any conclusive evidence that eating red meat is scientifically dangerous...

Is there any conclusive evidence that eating red meat is scientifically dangerous? I heard the movies against it aren't true...

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescetarianism
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
sciencebasedmedicine.org/what-the-health-a-movie-with-an-agenda/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?zx=67757e04fa288a68
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
aboutseafood.com/press_release/media-still-perpetuating-mercury-myth/
aboutseafood.com/blog_type/mercury-blog/
chriskresser.com/5-reasons-why-concerns-about-mercury-in-fish-are-misguided
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/09/faster-muscle-hypertrophy-lower.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/02/minimal-amounts-of-fish-peptide.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2012/06/fishing-for-better-wheys-to-improve.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/04/fish-and-krill-oil-both-work-but-their.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/05/fish-oil-compromises-fish-improves.html
suppversity.blogspot.de/2012/05/fishing-for-muscle-cod-protein-promotes.html
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/06/whey-protein-hydrolysates-were.html
time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/
livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html
livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html
thefreelibrary.com/Meat in the human diet: an anthropological perspective-a0169311689
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I do know a vegan diet is bad for your mental health. Every vegan I've ever seen has also been insane.

I'm eating red meat right now. I seem to be doing fine. Remember, veganism is a cult. I don't know to which pagan god they pay sacrifices, but I know they are that type of cult.

Well not veganism but rather they avoid it they'll eat chicken or whatever instead of red meat cause of what they have heard

Well, I am sure you could go for other types of meats but let's be real here. Do you know who loves red meat? That's right. My main man, my nigga, Donald J. Trump. President of the united states. And that motherfucker is a fucking dinosaur. He is old as fuck. What is he, like 80? And that nigga is running the entire country like it's nothing. Trump may be the healthiest person alive right now. You ain't never seen health like Mr. Trump's health. Believe me.

>killing animals is wrong!
animals die regardless of what method we use to cultivate food
>i-its energy inefficient!
so is supporting literally BILLIONS of useless humans but we sure keep doing that

vegans are fucking retards

I don't really feel like giving you sources, but, for some people, high amounts of red meat cause more inflammation in the bowels and can correlate with higher cancer incidence.

I think eating meat is fine just like maybe don't eat a 12 oz steak for every meal

Really, charred meats are the problem because you make polycyclic hydrocarbons which can't easily be excreted and in high concentrations cause DNA lesions. So, be careful with the barbecue in particular

sorry, polycyclic *aromatic* hydrocarbons. that distinction might be important

Dangerous is a big word to use
Animal food products do contain high amounts of choline and carnitine which are metabolised by gut flora to create trimethylamine which is oxidised in the liver to form trimethylmethyl-N-oxide which promotes atherosclerosis by upregulating scavenger receptors on macrophage foam cells as well decreasing reverse cholesterol transport which again promotes atherosclerosis
It's also been linked to colorectal cancer but I don't know too much about that field

I'd say it matters more how it's made, and most is factory farmed with unhealthy animals and shitty, filthy workers and environments, leading to fun fun fun.

I'd love to eat meat everyday, but after that european scandal I tend to take a step back and eat less of it

>conclusive evidence that eating red meat is scientifically dangerous

here you go fuccBoi

who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/

also the WHO is one of the very fiew quality sources for health research since every other institution is financed by some food cooperation.

but there are still some sorts of meat that you can eat daily op, pic related ;)

The perfect optimal diet is a vegeterian one (not vegan, veganism is an ideology not a diet). However most people can't be bothered to maintain a diet like that. A vegan/vegetarian diet can be just as unhealthy, if done wrong. And a mixed diet can be healthy, if done right. Most things that are causing the high obesity levels in Western countries can be eaten by vegans/vegetarians (snacks, soda etc)

this

Veg bashing is cringy as fuck, people on this site keep rambling on about how everything is reddit but this is prime reddit behaviour

inb4 keto retard spews absolute broscience

so long as the livestock is raised under healthy conditions, their meat will, likely, not carry any diseases that will be harmful to humans.

>raised under healthy conditions

that wouldnt be cost efficient, thus nobody would do it.

I live in germany and our meat is cheap as fuck, even farmers and butchers say that they would like to upgrade and grow healthier animels but many who try this go bankrott cuz of the plebs who believe its their divine duty to consum three times a day meat but are also unwilling to pay more that 2 Euro for 500g of meat

Pic is the favorit dish of city Im moved in for uni... thought that this is disgusting even befor becoming a vegfag

Everything gives you cancer.

Humans are genetically programmed to get cancer eventually.

>Humans are genetically programmed to get cancer eventually

jeh so lets increase the odds by eating shit

The only patrician of diets:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescetarianism
Nothing but literal brain-food.

>maybe don't eat a 12 oz steak for every meal
I've been doing that my whole life (23y)

Yes, it appears that red meat is actually not great for you, enjoy in moderation, just like everything else

>nothing but literal brain food
and mercury!

much of those studies is just establishing correlations, nothing more
also remember: most shit doesn't get replicated

I know, every time the subject is brought up there are always about half a dozen posts rabidly bashing the idea of not eating meat as some kind of severe mental illness. Across all media I encounter, the number of instances of people loudly complaining about 'those damn vegans that won't stop pushing their crazy ideology' vastly outweighs the number of people advocating vegan diets.

Not all fish are high in mercury

>Really, charred meats are the problem because you make polycyclic hydrocarbons which can't easily be excreted and in high concentrations cause DNA lesions. So, be careful with the barbecue in particular
God dammit I only like red meat when BBQed.

Okay fuckwits here is the real medical answer, this is gonna be a long one.

Cardiovascular disease accounts for 37% of mortality worldwide and it's the leading cause of death. Along with hypertension and tobacco use dyslipidemia (High amount of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in blood) is the leading risk factor in cardiovascular disease and the single most important risk factor for coronary artery disease (That's myocardial infarctions and angina and shit).

We learned all of this shit in the recent years from a giant ass cardiovascular study called the Framingham Heart Study that is still ongoing and we give people risk scores for cardiovascular disease using all these factors (Age, smoking, blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, diabetes).

We now know that dietary fat and cholesterol accounts for about 20% of serum LDL levels in your body. Red meat is rich in cholesterol and cholesterol is only found in animal cell membranes. By dietary modification you can potentially reduce your LDL by up to 20%. So eating steak every day probably isn't doing you any favors OP, but it's okay in moderation, and especially if you engage in regular physical exercise and your BMI is under control (Other lifestyle modifications that reduce LDL).

In short, go get yourself a lipid profile done and have them check your triglycerides and LDL (The bad shit) and HDL (The good shit). Depending on whether you have other risk factors and how high your triglycerides and LDL is they might either say you're good, recommend you some lifestyle modifications to control lipids or if they're currently too high to control with just lifestyle modifications, they're gonna give you statins or other medications that can lower your LDL or triglycerides.

About the cancer thing, charred, smoked meat, fried food, salt preserved food has been linked to gastric and colorectal cancer, but we don't really know all that much about it. I can link some studies.

Fucking brainlet.

>We now know that dietary fat and cholesterol accounts for about 20% of serum LDL levels in your body. Red meat is rich in cholesterol and cholesterol is only found in animal cell membranes. By dietary modification you can potentially reduce your LDL by up to 20%
>that dietary fat and cholesterol accounts for about 20% of serum LDL
>By dietary modification you can potentially reduce your LDL by up to 20%

Are this fucking retarded? Back to High School.

soyboys die of AIDs though. As homosexual behavior is naturally bad for your health

>red meat bad
>suddenly vegan bashing
>what's fish and white meat?
>what's eating less red meat?
>what's insects?
Flexitarian is best

It's all the ketchup and charcoal, not the red meat, that makes him live so long. pic related

I AM SILLY

Reported

veganism isn't a political thing

user, the very air you breathe is bad for you to some extent.

I tell people this too but they still complain about my smoking, my drinking and the unprotected sex

High five my nihilistic friend. ...Not that it matters...

Do you know anything about cancer? Because it sounds like you don't know anything about cancer.

>Is there any conclusive evidence that eating red meat is scientifically dangerous?
No
>So eating steak every day probably isn't doing you any favors OP
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>I heard the movies against it aren't true...
They aren't
>sciencebasedmedicine.org/what-the-health-a-movie-with-an-agenda/
>Remember, veganism is a cult
You're not wrong
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?zx=67757e04fa288a68

>but, for some people, high amounts of red meat cause more inflammation in the bowels and can correlate with higher cancer incidence.
>About the cancer thing, charred, smoked meat, fried food, salt preserved food has been linked to gastric and colorectal cancer
Bullshit dietary memes
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/

>We now know that dietary fat and cholesterol accounts for about 20% of serum LDL levels in your body. Red meat is rich in cholesterol and cholesterol is only found in animal cell membranes. By dietary modification you can potentially reduce your LDL by up to 20%.
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>(cont).

>(cont.)
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html

I thought good cholesterol and bad cholesterol was bullshit

>aboutseafood.com/press_release/media-still-perpetuating-mercury-myth/
>aboutseafood.com/blog_type/mercury-blog/
>chriskresser.com/5-reasons-why-concerns-about-mercury-in-fish-are-misguided
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/09/faster-muscle-hypertrophy-lower.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/02/minimal-amounts-of-fish-peptide.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2012/06/fishing-for-better-wheys-to-improve.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/04/fish-and-krill-oil-both-work-but-their.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/05/fish-oil-compromises-fish-improves.html
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2012/05/fishing-for-muscle-cod-protein-promotes.html
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/06/whey-protein-hydrolysates-were.html

>animals die anyway so it doesnt matter if we kill them
>people die anyway too
Put them together user, find the implication.

Nice false equivalence there. Of you want to eat, something has to die for it.
You face the ethical dilemma of deciding between your life and some animals life.

Since you're posting here, your choice is obvious, showcasing that vegans and vegetarians cannot be morally superior to omnivores.

Why on earth are you replying to my post with all those unrelated blog posts?

We'd have to basically slaughter 95% of farm animals anyway if all humans became vegetarians, otherwise we'd create one of the largest ecological disasters in human history releasing them into the wild

Why on earth are you not reading at all?

Eat low mercury fish, you retard?
But you can eat low heme red meat, faggot. :^)

>*can = can't

The human body evolved to an omnivorous diet. We are supposed to eat literally everything, red meat included. However, a diet that consists of nearly 100% red meat is surely going to kill you. Then again, a diet of nearly 100% celery would also kill you. “Variety is the spice of life” takes on a whole new context when talking about diet.

tl;dr Our bodies have developed to eat literally everything. Too much of any one type of food will kill you.

>evolution = health optimizer
Look at this brainlet and laugh.

You can get more out of a person than food, they can actually contribute and help society improve. Cows and pigs are only useful as food.

Red meat is a type 2 probable carcinogen.

Also processed meats are a type 1 known carcinogen, in the same category as cigarettes. The WHO announced this a few years ago.

retards do nothing for human society, they're a net drain on the system. Is it okay if I kill and eat them?

Why aren't you? This is my post here

>dietary fat and cholesterol becomes blood cholesterol

wow it's like we're back in 1950! thanks user for your incredibly out of date opinions!

Why would you eat anything other than the diet that your body has adapted to over the past several thousand years? How can you possibly think that wouldnt be the optimal way to intake nutrients?

grains and processed sugar is the real devil.
red meat is still bad though. fish is much better
it's true but proportionality is key. we didn't have industrial farms in the stone age.

You wouldn't be wrong. It is how the meat is broken down and processed in the body is why it is a bit dicey to eat over long periods of time.

It probably causes CR cancer due to how cell damage occurs from what you described. How the cells metabolize it can possibly damage it due to waste products of cell and the wear and tear it causes of constant metabolism and waste.

Not if it's excess, much like how diabetes occurs due to excess sugars, same shit applies for cholesterol and fat. Too much of it can lead to an imbalanced diet.

>Look at this brainlet and laugh.
That "brainlet" is right. The smart people ITT are laughing at you
>time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/
>livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html
>livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html
>thefreelibrary.com/Meat in the human diet: an anthropological perspective-a0169311689
>People who read books know a fact that vegetarians do not- that at one point in history, the Earth's total population of humans dropped to between 5,000 and 10,000 individuals, due to the eruption of Mt. Toba in Sumatra, which killed off most of the available plant and animal life on Earth in 71,000 BC. During this period of time, humans were confined to an
>extraordinarily small area of Africa that escaped glaciation, where they subsisted on a diet that was "approximately 50-70% meat and 50-30% plants, respectively." This diet was necessitated by the die-off of plants and animals, and the lack of a varied diet that could have been otherwise obtained though plant gathering. It was at this time that the Neanderthal diet came to consist of naught but meat, due to the complete lack of availability of edible vegetation, which likely lasted for at least 1000 years.(Plants/climate)
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?zx=67757e04fa288a68

Why is the optimal diet a vegetarian one? Use sources.

It's responsible for a major cause of CO2 emissions/green house gasses, more so than cars.

Guys, do you agree that too much trans fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol is bad for your diet?

Guess which foods are high in that.

apparently not:
The level of stupid in this thread hurts.

Then you should know I read yours perfectly fine, and if you had done the same; you'd also know that none of my posts were "unrelated". Maybe I put then there because they not only back what your saying, but provide even further evidence that fish is healthy, backed by relevant science; because you know this is a science board?
No
>Guess which foods are high in that.
Guess who didn't read at all
>The level of stupid in this thread hurts.
Then get out, as all the stupid ITT is from all of your posts

Seems like you forgot to get your vitamin B12 shots...

Not if you exercise and use the calories you pleb

>eat lodesa meat
>eat mountains of eggs
>eat all the dairy
>have god tier lipids

>HDL is off the charts
>LDL is far below range

Just be active and make sure your hormones aren't all fucked up. I'm pretty sure the biggest cause of heart disease is fucked up hormone balance due to age and lifestyle.

Protip: red meats are good for your hormone levels.

The thing I never got with people bagging out on vegans/vegetarians is that they're literally trying to eat more vegetables and fruits and people lose their minds cause meat, dairy and eggs are so precious to them
You'd think the vegans are the ones that act like this but it's the other way around here

>Is there any conclusive evidence that eating red meat is scientifically dangerous?
It contains cholesterol, and dietary cholesterol, in any amount, is exclusively bad for you.

Red meat in particular though is scientifically proven to cause cancer.

>like it's nothing
Accurate

>animals die regardless of what method we use to cultivate food
More die because we breed them into existence specifically to die.
>so is supporting literally BILLIONS of useless humans but we sure keep doing that
That's extremely edgy, but you're allowed to dislike more than one thing at a time so it doesn't have anything to do with the conversation.

You might be retarded. The entire central point of veganism is that you don't have to choose between your life and an animal's life. You can choose to eat plants.

People live longer when married, and marriage was illegal for homosexuals until very recently.

>It contains cholesterol, and dietary cholesterol, in any amount, is exclusively bad for you.
>Red meat in particular though is scientifically proven to cause cancer.

>It contains cholesterol, and dietary cholesterol, in any amount, is exclusively bad for you.

Why do you lie on the internet?

So true. A lot of them are flat earthers

>t. Big Sugar
1 kilogram of sugar has been deposited in your letterbox.

95% of the vegetables you eat has been sprayed with cancer causing round up. Way more cancerous than meat

>*deposited*

I was a (healthy med-style diet) vegetarian for 10 years and I feel way better on keto. I still don't eat red meat, fish or pork. It's quite bizarre and only anecdotal. I don't even need to lose weight, but the ability to feel well rested after 5 hours of sleep has improved my quality of life so much. I was ALWAYS tired before and could sleep for 10+ hours and still feel exhausted. I figured I had some sort of adrenal issue, but now I feel like a kid again.. waking up easily and full of energy. I'll probably cycle between the two diets a few times per year.

>Why would you eat anything other than the diet that your body has adapted to over the past several thousand years?
You mean like plants?

>I love having ketoacidosis destroying my body.
Well guess what?
Statistical evidence shows that either a Mediterranean evidence or Okinawa diet is best for longevity when it comes to diet alone.

that is something diabetics get retard
I understand being annoyed at how preachy keto people can be, but at least read a little bit before spouting nonsense. I don't know why you put a random "evidence" in the middle of your sentence, but I clearly stated that I typically eat a med diet so wow I totally didn't know that it's healthy or good for longevity!!!! THANKS! I also said I know my post is anecdotal so I'm not trying to prove keto is somehow better than any other diet, just that I have had a positive experience.

Your teeth and your GI tract would like to have a word with you.

Hint: Humans cannot digest most of what plants are made of.

>You might be retarded. The entire central point of veganism is that you don't have to choose between your life and an animal's life. You can choose to eat plants.

When you eat plants, animals have to die for the plants to grow. This is fact in nature.
In agriculture, we kill entire species to grow certain crops, either by destroying their natural habitat or by poisoning them.

Again, whenever we eat ANYTHING - something has died for it already.

At least with eating animals, I am not hiding from that simple truth.

>retards do nothing for human society, they're a net drain on the system.

Citation?

I hope you become a blade of grass when you are reincarnated and get eating and shit out of a cow you disgusting human

Vegan girls are a special kind of sexy.

Gross

>also the WHO is one of the very fiew quality sources for health research since every other institution is financed by some food cooperation.
>Implying WHO is not financed by the big arg
Sorry to have to break this to you. US state government threatened to reduce funding to WHO, if they started blaming sugar and carbs for hearth disease on several occasions. WHO complied.

Turns out non-profit international institutions are susceptible to lobbying. Kinda like the UN made Saudis the head of human rights. Saudis fund a fuckload of food programmes for babies in Africe, and the UN turns a blind eye to the genocide in Yemen and the human rights abuse in Saudi Arabia.

>ketoacidosis = ketosis
You should end your existence.

You'd be surprized how many doctors believe this.

This has also been my experience. Keto seems to be good for the brain.

"special kind of sexy"? As in malnourished fridges? Each to their own i guess.

Supposedly people who eat more red meat have a higher risk of cancer. But the older you get the higher your risk becomes anyway so fuck it.