What if pi has an end?

What if pi has an end?

Things are the way they are configured to be. If things were any other way, things would be different.

hey bill

>it's already catching on
how can one man go from one of the most lovable science guys to this

Bill pls

Technically because of the existence of the Plank distance, pi is finite. Its "transdentialness" is because of autistic mathematicians being retarded.

>hurr durr plancks distance is smallest
How to spot a popsci loving faggot.

He's right. In the real, physical universe, all measurement ends at the Planck distance. If you weren't a fantasy-dwelling math faggot, you'd know that's not pop science.

How do we know if the digits of pi are correct?

kek

Can someone give me a rundown on this meme

Planck units are not quanta, please stop treating them as such.

Literally proven that it doesn't.

Then you could square a circle

What do you mean by that?

It very clearly has an end, in this picture. A circle with a radius of one, is rolled along a flat surface, which describes its circumference as a linear length. That length is called "pi".

Unless of course you mean /something else/. In which case you should try to describe what you mean.

kek

I wasn't the one who said length, that was the OP. And the only reasonable interpretation of it is that he means its decimal representation.

This foolish tomfuckery of irrational numbers will only be resolved when we stop treating mathematics as some sort of bean counting exercise.

No, it isn't. (See me!)

Also the OP never mentioned "length", the word itself. That was you riffing off my post.

>No, it isn't. (See me!)
I think it should be fairly obvious that that isn't a reasonable interpretation for the very trivially obvious reasons you yourself gave.

And if thinks and thuts were candy and nuts then you would still miss the point.

The OP asks "whether pi has an end". Assuming that this is yours, you /assume a particular frame/, which you are obliged to defend. I point out that the opaque language of the OP can (and should) be taken in more than one way, and so you are obliged to fight your corner: "of course decimal representation was meant, don't be stupid".

You've now made two material mistakes: you ascribed the word /length/ to the OP, and you've /assumed/ that it should be fairly obvious that such-and-such candy-and-nuts.

We can even allow that the OP is itself a troll in order to get at clear thinking on the subject. Two senses are suggested in all of this: as a geometric object, pi has a very simple "end", as a short finite length. Or if one wants to abstract to the digits, then we can end up at what you are about. The point is that the possible-troll OP is an invitation for us to think clearly about usage of language.

The opposite has already been proven.

The proof was already posted m8 But feel free to jerk off over the possible meanings of a troll post on Veeky Forums and "candy and nuts" or whatever the hell that was about.

The point is that you do not understand what has been written, as stated, and that it is important to carefully discern context. Ph.Ds understand this.

This is hilarious, a true 10/10 brainlet post.

Defending ignorance by doubling down on it.
>NO I AM NOT WRONG AND UNABLE TO INTERPRET AN ENGLISH SENTENCE EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG REEEEEE

Truly cancer, if you stop posting.

Pi not having an end, doesn't mean that it is not a fixed number of the real line you stupid brainlet.

Shoot yourself.

>arguing semantics instead of what OP actually meant
Fuck mathematicians

If pi has an end, then there's no such thing as a perfect curve. Pi is the anti-aliasing constant of the universe. The moment it ends is the moment we see the jaggies.

>>arguing semantics instead of what OP actually meant
>Fuck mathematicians
There is nothing to discuss about OPs post. He is wrong, might as well ask "what if the sky has always been red"?

Pi has infinite digits, that has been proven.

what are they then?

Well that much is true
But arguments like are just pointless and pathetic

>Things are the way they are configured to be. If things were any other way, things would be different.
Bill Nye (((saves))) the World Again

Hey, this is a pretty fun troll. Mind if I use it?

then there won't be circles

>are just pointless and pathetic
I agree, but this is Veeky Forums.
What else are you expecting?

If pi terminates in any rational base then pi is a rational number. It's not a rational number. Therefore it doesn't terminate in any rational base.

A better question would be what bases does pi end in other than base pi

What about sexagesimals?

All relevant applications involving pi truncate it at some point, so basically nothing would change.

Why dont they use pi in video games and make perfect anti aliasing

Base 2 pi?

because pi is not real (it is a so-called """real""" but not real) so you can't use it in real things like computers it only exists in mathematicians' fairytales

You could use calculus to approximate pi (e.g. using integrals)

Fucking pop sci cocksucker.
Also pi is the ratio between a circle's perimeter and diameter in an euclidean space. There's no shit like plank scale.
And even if there was that's just the distance in which physical laws shit themselves and we cannot extract any information from it. It doesn't mean there aren't smaller distances.

>Samefagging this hard

It doesn't because circles don't have an end.

Their end equals the starting point. Otherwise how would you do integrals on closed curves?

>Their end equals the starting point.

Which is another way of saying there is no start or end point.

If PI is infinite, then it cannot have a beginning or an end. It cannot be a number, because a number has to be finite.

Then we're living in a simulation. Prove me wrong.

Pro tip: You can't

Pi is not infinite retard. It just has infinite decimal places aka irrational number because we picked up a retarded number base. If we chose Pi to be our new unit then the number 1 would be the retarded one.

A simulation of what?

>It just has infinite decimal places

Oh like every other number does? 1 is also

doesn't start 000000000000000000000000001.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 doesn't end

inifnite decimal places.

>base 10 is retarded
t. nonphysicist brainlet

I was joking. I'm a physicist though.

Pic related

Math is completely abstracted, so the plank distance, a property of the non-abstract, has no influence on pi.

A simulation could never be vast enough to contain ur mum

>the last five numbers is 80085