ETERNAL NIETZSCHE THREAD

Which work are you currently reading?

I'm working my way through the edgelord trilogy so that I can fully appreciate Zarathustra

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1QbNLmFGOpS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Bought pic related.
>Read the whole of BG&E
>Found it uninteresting. A lot of "ground-breaking" notions seemed kinda common sense.
>Gonna pass on Genealogy of Moral.

Nietzsche is a meme tbqfh senpai

no u r a meme

Perhaps those ideas seem common sense because Nietzsche successfully permeated western culture

Great rebuttal. How can I ever recover?

we have this thread every lifetime. Scientifically, that's pretty gay.

>Gonna pass on Genealogy of Moral.
The only one you truly needed senpai, short and sum up what's NIETZSCHE

I thought Twilight of the Idols was intended to be the sum of his thought. Am I being wrong on this?

>not eternal recurrence of Nietzsche thread

I started with Zarathustra because it was in my dad's bookshelf and I didn't know it was not supposed to read first

>The living thing did I follow; I walked in the broadest and narrowest
paths to learn its nature.
With a hundred-faced mirror did I catch its glance when its mouth was
shut, so that its eye might speak to me. And its eye spoke to me.
But wherever I found living things, there heard I also the language of
obedience. All living things are obeying things.
And this heard I secondly: Whatever cannot obey itself, is commanded.
Such is the nature of living things.
This, however, is the third thing which I heard - namely, that commanding
is more difficult than obeying. And not only because the commander
bears the burden of all obeyers, and because this burden readily
crushes him:-
An attempt and a risk seemed all commanding to me; and whenever it
commands, the living thing risks itself thereby.
Yes, even when it commands itself, then also must it atone for its commanding.
Of its own law must it become the judge and avenger and victim.

What did he mean by this?
If I think that I can't command myself, at least in this moment of my life, so I start obeying VOLUNTARILY someone who I think is worth obeying so I can learn to obey and then be able to obby my I own command, am I being really commanded by the other or am I already commanding myself and the other to command me? I would ask this to Nietzsche himself but since he is dead...

heh

>obby
obey*
FTFM

help me Veeky Forums! I want to read Nietzsche for myself and forum my own opinions but I don't know where to start.

Read all the prefaces from his books in chronological order, then read his books and finish with Zaratusthra, then avoid suicide by becoming a christcuck since you are not overman

bump

>Whatever cannot obey itself, is commanded.
great

>so I start obeying VOLUNTARILY someone who I think is worth obeying so I can learn to obey
would you still obey him when he tells you to do [insert sth really bad]? Otherwise you are just role playing.

>would you still obey him when he tells you to do [insert sth really bad]
No
> Otherwise you are just role playing.
roleplaying as what?

A bit off topic,but what's Veeky Forums's thought on The Will To Power ? Is it worth considering given i heard that it is merely a collection of his rejected notes ?

Yes,don't ski[ on Genealogy . It is pretty much the best way to get to certain nietzchean core concepts in a systematic way.

THIS.
(I say this because I only read the genealogy a few times and only some parts of zarathustra and other stuff, but genealogy was a great start for a pseud like me. It's a good book anyways.)

Contains many aphorisms that provide substantive clarifications and additions to the rest of his project.

>smoke weed
>read Human All Too Human
>every paragraph blows your mind

Damn, nietzsche was woke af desu

Honestly Emerson and Carlyle are better if you're an Anglophone. Nietzsche even admitted that Emerson had anticipated him, both stylistically and intellectually. A lot of Nietzsche's appeal is his style which gets lost in translation imo

>Nietzsche even btfo Nietzsche
he can't keep getting away with it

>A lot of Nietzsche's appeal is his style which gets lost in translation imo

Nietzsche supervised the French (which he thought was superior to the German one) and italian translations, so those should be fine.

Is Nitch a good starting point for philosophy?

He's a great way to end your philosophical journey.

Regardless, you an understand him with a minor konwledge of the greeks and german idealists.

depends on what you mean by "starting point". as long as you understand what it means to be a post-enlightenment society you should be fairly well equipped. you'll need secondary material for sure though.

Nietzsche is a pretty good starting point for himself but not really for philosophy
Just start with the greeks, but if for some reason you think this guy is the real deal and not the other wankers then just start with him

the proper third line to this is

"some of us are born posthumously"
-Nietzsche

he literally had it all figured out
how can one man be so wise?

hell yeah dude

beyond good and evil are a bunch of adages right? ezpz

Bump

Fucking CRRINNNGGEEE

>he literally had it all figured out
Yeah pretty much.

Except for philosophy, judging by his "critiques"..

I am gonna read all of his major works, starting recently. It helps keep me focused to try and quote bits that I feel summarize the aphorism, for each one. I feel like I forget everything and have to reread because my memory is pretty bad normally, but using this method I will succeed, I promise!

Also, I'm gonna try to become the Overman! Reading all these books will complete the "camel" section of qualification. My next step is to sell drugs and become a crime leader. This will complete the "lion" section of qualification. Then I will write an ingenious book or something. That will complete the "child" section of qualification. Then I will take over the world with my vast influence, or something. Well, I don't know exactly how it will go, but I will try my best! Ganbattene!

We can say he "permeated", but not successfully.

lit is dead

Nietzsche would have probably hate a thread general about him and made by a faggot to boot.

this is so bullshit - he says himself you need to have read beyond g and e first
and, senpai, having read em - you do

-Autist

reading bge now. the book i have has geneology next. Should I read it as well if his thought isn't particularly interesting to me? Ie, does it introduce new things/clear up things from bge, or can I skip it and still think I have read nietzsche?

What is "e"?

This, this is like arguing that the bible has a lot of stuff that is common sense, if we removed everything in our culture a lot of the morals taught from the bible wouldn't be so common sense. We built our culture/society around these teaching and subtly probably around ideas that were preached by Nietzsche too, and a lot of other great thinkers.

Is there really no one else beyond Nietzsche?
I feel I've understood everything there needed to be known regarding life affirming, creative driven will to power dualism Apollonian and Dionysian Ubermensch goal and destination.
I completely agree with nearly all his views and understood them. Have I truly arrived at the end?

He's really just built on what Stirner wrote, no need to read Nietzsche if you have read stirner (might be helpful though), and you won't appreciate Nietzsche fully without reading stirner

This.
He's basically Stirner but he is also smart, has good arguments and is an excellent stylist.

Sam Harris:Kant=Stirner:Nietzsche

Spengler and Heidegger.

PLATO (SWTG)

>Spengler
lol
>Hedegger
He's worth studying.

I already read Stirner, and prefer Nietzsche.

>Heidegger.
Hmm, yeah I haven't read him.

>not even being embarrassed by writing this

Not even being embarrassed that you are ignorant of Stirner's influence on Nietzsche.

inb4
>He'd never even heard of Stirner XD

why does it feel like most of you are just fumbling through an author you didn't prepare yourselves to understand?

unless pic related is just if you're "serious" about nietzsche.

he didn't though. and even if that was the case what would then be the purpose of reading some mental masturbation over what is now common sense.

>he didn't though. and even if that was the case what would then be the purpose of reading some mental masturbation over what is now common sense.
there is no point for you because you're a worthless piece of trash who will never have an impact on anything

No, rather that poster read too frivilously without putting the scalpel to his own notions. Nothing about Nietzsche is common sense to anyone living, since we're still 100% drenched in Plato and Christianity whether you realize it or not. People who read Nietzsche unsuperficially are far in between, which is why he hasn't succesfully permeated western culture yet except through some easily quatable aphorisms for meme purposes. Philosophy as a whole isn't something you can just 'give a go and see what it's all about', no matter what philosopher we're talking about. Philosophers have so much more subtlety than most people can muster.

>being this triggered
are all of neechee's buttboys this sensitive? try taking your meds buddy.

Pic related. Nah just kidding but for real the arrogance of people here is amazing.

There is no point to reading any nieztche except 'the will to power', unless you just enjoy it.

yea the arrogance of neecheeheads is pretty insane

I literally don't even like Neetshe and prefer Stirner.

This is the mark of mental retardation.
>be retard on Veeky Forums
>can chose between lots of poetic, infinitely insightful books written by one of the smartest guys in the 19th century
>or a book written by a pseudophilosopher that no one in academia respects, whose only major work is 3/4 objectively wrong historical and anthropological analysis and 1/4 cheap scepticism and nihilism that is 4000 years old

>user picks the second one because SPOOK is a funny meme

This guy gets it.

O B J E C T I V L E Y

I started for the meme and finished for the insight.

>say shit that literally never happened and describe cultures that you obviously don't understand

>DUDE THAT'S NOT OBJECTIVE LOL

I guess anything goes for you spook-heads, even what is factually wrong.

"The US was founded by 5 siberian astronauts in 1210 a.C.
The constitution was written with ketchup mixed with crushed chips"

This statement is as accurate as all of the Stirner's historical analysis. This is how low are your standards.

are you trying to say that lit is dead?

Don't remember that part but his historical analysis isn't very important in regards to his argument anyway.

Maybe if Marx hadn't made a brilliant 500 page hitjob against Stirner. He misinterprets, insults and makes up shit that Stirner never said, so psueds in academia are under the impression he was debunked.

ITT: People who haven't read Turgenev who happens to predict Nihilism and BTFOs it before it even formalizes under Nietzsche

>Don't remember that part

So you haven't actually read him. Interesting.

No you won't provide a fucking quote and I lent my copy to my friend. You've just been saying he says shit that never happened and giving 0 proof. Still isn't relevant to his argument.

Russian Novelist,

Not a Philosopher.

Into the trash it goes.

Not him but you have clearly not even read the first chapter of Ego and its Own. That's pathetic, considering how short and easy to read that book is.

Fuck off I literally read it like 1 month ago.

>stirnerites have not read the book on which they base their entire philosophy

How unsurprising.

>implying literature isnt the highest form to expose philosophy

> God is God
Juno Reactor

Yet you can't remember the first half of the book? Were you high when you were reading it? Drunk? Are you maybe an old person with Alzheimer?

How is he any different from Plato or even from Nietzsche you baboon? Way to show that you didn't read the author you're shilling

Yet you can't remember the massive amount of historical analysis present in his book?

Fucking brainlet

Just don't remember where it was wrong kiddo, I know he talked about it. Had to censor bits that related to current affairs

lol

Lol

okay Heidegger

it's worth reading if you get through his other stuff, but with a keep awareness of what it is (which you already have)

Instead of this being merely a Nietzsche FAQ/poll, the threads should be like this:
>/hyperboreans/ - we talk about the Hellenes, Latin poetry, the Renaissance, French culture, dry-air music (the Flemish, Mozart, Chopin, Scriabin, Jazz), hiking trails, How to Become What You Are, fruit, Identifying-Ressentiment, etc.

Comfy general, with Nietzschean taste.

should i start with the gay science?

His name is pronounced "knee - cha"

vocaroo.com/i/s1QbNLmFGOpS

It's worth reading.

The new Penguin edition has a very good introduction that argues why the Will to Power should be treated as canon or acceptable for use in general.

>Nietzsche
>Carlyle
>Comparable

Nietzsche thought very little of Carlyle and his need for "heroes."

More like he "spermated" western culture haha