So what's the consensus on Elon Musk on Veeky Forums

So what's the consensus on Elon Musk on Veeky Forums

what did you swipe op?

>take a ride on my renewable rocket
I laughed

He's the Chris Roberts of engineering.

does he get off on dating dumb bimbos and spending tons of money on them? is elon endgame /paypig/ material?

seems like he made enough money from PayPal to pay people smarter than him to do all the work

>Elon Musk

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He's doing the right thing with all that fucking money.

Any haters are jelly.

Scammer stealing money from responsible and important companies like ULA.

This. He is a visionary. Regrettably most of his ideas and visions are trash and unrealistic.

>all that fucking money.
You mean my tax dollars?

Would you rather they go to some cancerous sjw projects?

It would be better for the money to be literally burnt. Make a big pile of cash and light it on fire. That's the most productive thing the government could ever hope to do with it.

he makes better use of your tax dollars than anyone else in space industry

Damning with faint praise.

SpaceX is best thing to happen in aerospace since Apollo ended. And if his BFR plans become even partially real he will go down into history alongside Wright brothers.

SpaceX isn't going to do anything important because Elon Musk is spending all his time trying to save his car company, which is failing miserably.

his rocket business is doing fairly okay
however the amount of hype around him is too much which makes Veeky Forums dislike him

But rakkets.

What the fuck is a rakket?

I'm sure you can figure it out.

???

BFR is fantasy rocket that will never fly.
Think about it. If it was that easy for some newcomer to build one why wasn't it done in all the time after Apollo? Hm? Because it's not easy. Because it's hard. Because it's so hard actually tackling it without tremendous government help is impossible.
I'm sorry to all the Elon fans but the truth is falcon 9 is the best he can do. SLS is flying dec 2019, that's an actual date to look forward to.

>rakket
>space x
>rocket

yoooo

>he makes better use of your tax dollars than anyone else in space industry
>flying satelites into orbit
>something humans were doing for more than 50 years

Does he have more hours in his week or how the hell can he find time to work 100h/week, date supermodels and still find time to be a dad for his kids? Something doesn't add up.

inb4 tasteless challenger joke

Elon "The hyper meme" Musk.

I don't dislike him I don't really like him though, very best and worse of "pop sci"

>imblying spacex doesn't get government help
>falling for elon's "private business" meme

>Because it's so hard actually tackling it without tremendous government help is impossible.

He will get a lot of government help. BFR is supposed to cost $10 billion to develop at the minimum and not even Musk believes he will pay for it himself. It is either moonshots such as LEO internet constellation or point-to-point travel, or government funding.

>SLS is flying dec 2019, that's an actual date to look forward to.

Dont make me laugh. SLS is already obsolete both technologically and economically. It is a jobs program and will never achieve anything noteworthy in space.

He reduced the cost of sending a satellite into space from like 250 mil down to 10 mil. His car company has shown impressive growth every quarter, and even though model 3 is behind schedule they still are up from last year. He is helping push other car companies to develop their own electric cars; he even has made all his technology free to use.
Also everyone shouting 'tax dollars' should take a look at all the benefits given to carbon fuel companies.
People who have experienced lots of failure tend to hate those who actually made themselves into something.

A successful entrepreneur who has a hardon for making scifi real through heavily government subsidized industries.

Nah if he was Chirs Roberts tier we'd have lots of fancy CGI animations of BFR but we'd still be waiting for the first flight of Falcon 9.