Is it socially acceptable to read books in public...

Is it socially acceptable to read books in public? I just a saw a shitpost thread on this topic and now I'm worried everyone thinks I'm an autist

Yes it is.

If you're good looking then yes

If you're ugly then you'll be perceived as a dweeb

Incorrect. An ugly person reading a book will at worst be ignored. At best you may get some props for being the smart guy.

being smart in any way shape or form is fucking normie shit

honestly i actually try to drool and show physical signs of cerebral palsy and mumble to try and make it look like i'm so disinterested in knowledge i'm the coolest motherfucker in that room

as long as its not infinite jest

thats the only rule

Incorrect. Your perception of ugly people is that of people who are actually average or slightly below average.

I read books in public.

nice get

quints of social retardation, impressive

Same

Why wouldn't it be?

I was reading Joyce on my commute home and got talking to a lit professor. 10/10 would do again.

>would do again
He was that good, eh? Did he go for the reacharound or something?

lol

Look, if you are reading in front of people to consciously draw attention to yourself then you are a faggot.

Average people don't give a shit. If you honestly start feeling self-conscious about reading a book in public it's a sign that you've gone too far down the rabbit hole. Take a break from this place.

Why would it cause a problem?

everyone else is completely absorbed by their cellphone.

this. people literally don't care either way.

this is coming from someone who has read on the train for 3 years getting to and from college.

>Is it socially acceptable to read

no

Speaking from experience, you'll be ignored by the young but routinely praised by the old, glad to see a youngin buried in a book rather than those damn cellular phones

If you were actually reading that book and not caring about the fact that you're outside, you needn't think about it.