Who is number 6?

This is a good selection

ITT: virtue signalling

i think i just puked

Yes I know these authors as well

strauss

It feels so good when mods delete /pol/-tier threads

I don't know all of these men

I'm not familiar with the set-up. What does the position of each figure indicate?

where d black one?

nothing, normally. just a block of 9 people who influence you. or, in practice, a block of 3 people who influence you, 2 people who you've read but not extensively, and 4 people whose wikipedia pages you've read

god made me in his image and i'm not b**k. check and mate

Rate me Veeky Forums

I forgot about Hegel, so updated
>Rate me Veeky Forums

>Marx
>Burke
>Mill

So what exactly do you believe then

You could call me a Burkean Social Democrat - I believe in a utlitarian liberal democratic government, a mixed economy, and reformism over radical change. There are other thinkers probably much closer to my views, but none that have the intellectual profundity of the thinkers listed. I would rather be eclectic with them than coherent with others.

horrible cropjob, my dude

So basically you're a Fabian

good shit bro i love clint eastwood too

3x3 fav :
Aristotle
Nietzsche
Spinoza
Stirner
Peirce
Lou Salomé
Emerson
Jung
Shakespeare

Yes they were pretty close to my overall orientation for most of their existence, although the Fabian society has gotten too centrist since the New Labour years. I would also rather not identify with an organization, but rather the component parts of it's ideology (i.e. I'm a Burkean social democrat, Fabians are reformist social democrats, but that doesn;t necessarily make me a Fabian). Also, not being a Brit, the Fabian label has little meaning to others.

Yeah, I guess John Rawls does look like Clint Eastwood in that pick, but they sure don't think alike.

Christopher Hitchens is WAY better than that idiot Peter Hitchens. It's a fact.

I know Plato, Machiavelli, De Maistre, Nietzsche, Strauss, and Schopenhauer. Who are the other three?

I have know Hitchens, Burke, Nozick, Locke, Hegel, and Adams. Who are the other three?

Plato, Rousseau, Burke, Wollstonecraft, Mill, Marx, Rawls, Habermas, Hegel