Daily reminder to learn a new language

Daily reminder to learn a new language

hoping someone asks why dat pic to reply "musical language!"?

What a bizarre skull shape.

Was there anything that man couldnt do?

Anyone got any advice for learning french

I've been working through a grammar textbook and translating some Baudelaire. Anything else I should be doing?

Well the way I did is that you work your way through easy texts. You gradually progress while you write by hand and reread a couple of times the text. I have 3 notebooks on German, first one has A1/B1 stuff and the third one has lines from Kafka, Thomas Mann etc. You are free to do whatever helps you but this method really allowed me to keep my learning pace stable and under control.

literally proto lovecraftian intelligence wojak

Thomas Mann is bad though.

Forgot to specify: It's very important to read the text outloud and imagine the whole thing, it tends to stick quite well.

COBOL or Assembler ? Too oldschool, Better C++, Swift or Scala ?

w2c framed eye-patched Joyce pic

what's the best way to learn japanese?

Just as you would learn any other language, just that you put in more effort than usual. And don't use bilingual materials, only Japanese.

fuuuuuuuuuuck of man

Bukkake.

Got any recommendations (I've got a copy of The Stranger in french, that any good for learning?)

memorize the kana is first step
then memorize a couple thousand of common kanji
then start reading and making anki decks from the material

Of course i mean Bukkake udon noodles

I can read single characters in sanskrit. Don't know shit about the combined consonants, though. And the only word i know is uvāca. But, hey, you have to start somewhere

I'm learning Latin at uni.

It was a mistake.

Who's the young guy? JJ Jr.?

FUck off with your off-topic posts faggot

Learning Latin is never a mistake.

Some combined consonants, like tra or tta, turn up all the time; others almost never.

Keep going, persevere. Sanskrit is literally the hardest language on the planet. But it's well worth it.

I've been learning French for a while and I read (rather than deciphered) L'Etranger recently. Only the second book I've read but I can feel progress, which is motivating, and enjoyable.

Does anyone have any textbook recommendations for Italian?

why learn different language?
englash is good

I'm not learning a new language but perfectionating my English (i'm a Spanish speaker). I've been reading some T.S Eliot poems, they have some hard vocabulary for my level but i've still enjoyed all of them, specially The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.

Ask me anything
>speak 3 different languages
>German, English, Russian

>the shit tier trilogy

The Stranger has simple prose so it's good for learning. Just choose whatever fits your taste, if you aren't really proficient you can use easier texts from wikipedia, dialogues from youtube (f.e. Easy French channel). I don't know french so I'm not fit to recommend, but search the books kids need to read for school in France.

don't listen to the other user

learn the kana and read Tae Kim grammar first. anki deck alongside but only after you've completed kana. memorizing kanji comes with time.

you could take some classes at school if you want some structure.

My best advice is to grind grammar as much as possible and learn vocab while you're doing it.
A large vocabulary will come with time but grammar will make it so you sort of know what you're talking about.
And just have fun, learning a language is really rewarding and cool :^)

Yes, learning languages is very rewarding. I have a friend who had some personal issues and I sugested him to start reading great works of literature. Long story short, he ended up more of name dropping pseud. But, when he picked up his first foreign language, he actually had a reason to read. Now the guy speaks 2 languages and is learning his third (true story).

Despite the common saying that "languages are hard hurr hurr", it's actually quite fun and you don't have to be very smart.

See without his glasses.

This, a lot.

I find the deciphering of a sentence from a foreign language to mine, English, very soothing for the mind. If you have troubles in your life, where you may not have control of the situation or you feel powerless, then the simple act of 'being able to do something' is a small, internal victory.

Start simply, with say,

> Agricola filiam amat

And keep going. It's does wonders, and has for me become an obsession.