Best of Veeky Forums thread

Best of Veeky Forums thread

Nothing like a good afternoon of reminiscing

Got around to making a screencap

Please point me to a lit webplace that hasn't become unredeemable shit yet

Veeky Forums can be great if you make an effort to start conversation, man
I've spent entire days debating over books and philosophy here, it's actually really helped me form my ideas

KEK

I've tricked many people such as into reading meme authors such as Ligotti and Cioran for several years now.

>i'm so obsessed with maintaining an image of superiority over and hatred towards the users of this board (which I frequent by the way) that I refuse to admit that quality conversation is even a remote possibility

Users like you are a diamond dosen

I like this post. You're wrong about me but that's pretty accurate for the purpose of describing the fellow users of this lovely board.
>When you're so autistic and allienated from reality that you use the expression 'meme author' unironically
I feel bad for you, son.

dumb but funny

I love you Veeky Forums

this guy's Infinite Jest story made me almost shit myself, true or not

Reading this is a pure kind of pain

Unironically, I want to read that book. I want to see what all the hubbub is about, and also want to read something by him. Two stones with one bird.

That really is a painful story, though...

There are two ends of the IJ meme, and claiming it's complete shit is one one them. It's a good book. Not one of the best books ever written, but a good book. Just about worth the length

I unironically enjoyed it. I just got into reading seriously last year and it was the first or second book I read, and it got me into enjoying literature. I also appreciated his writing more when I myself began writing. I like his perspectives on media and stimulation which I looked up before reading IJ too. I don't think it'll blow your mind but it's def worth a read

Some parts are good and entertaining.
Some parts are really eye-goungingly bad/slow/boring/what-the-fuck-are-you-doing-Wallace-just-write-about-the-Incandenzas
Probably worth reading on the whole

I'll definitely give it a look-see then, and since I've read more than a handful of books before I doubt I'll sperg out and start touting is as the fucking bible. A shame he killed himself nearly a decade ago though, he looks like a pretty chill dude.

He was an asshole tbf.

I was with you until "worth the length".

It's clear to me that that guys description of you was accurate. Please stop bullying other users. Also, please send your posts to your local rubbish tip instead, it would be more efficient.

I hope to see a picture of 23 copies of tfios soon

Hilarious.