Nootropics?

Does Veeky Forums do any nootropics? Is it snake oil or are there actual real world effects?

Phenylpiracetam works for sure, I didn't really get anything out of noopept. Semax definitely works too but it's subtle.

I've been curious about the whole racetam line up, I can't seem to find any information about negative side effects, do you notice any?

Also about to start trying lion's mane supplements, anyone have any experience with it? Hoping for mood stability.

i sell snake oil to idiots like Veeky Forums

Ah found the side effects. How long of a build up does it take before you have a noticeable difference?

I don't notice any side effects honestly. I mean semax and phenylpiracetam greatly reduce my appetite but that's not really a bad thing. I stick with reasonable doses though.

What do you mean by buildup?

I used to ingest omberacetam, pramiracetam and choline mixed into a green tea every morning.
Aside from the caffeine?
I noticed nothing.

Buildup meaning how long did you have to take it before you noticed a continued effect. Are you taking it daily or only short term dosing?

How long did you keep this up with no effect?

I don't take phenylpiracetam daily because it has a tolerance that quickly builds. I take it before exams or heavy study sessions, it works well as a stimulant and focus aid. If you want something that can be taken every day then I would suggest rgpu-95, it's a newer cousin of phenylpiracetam that seems to not have the tolerance issue.

I've tried pramiracetam multiple times, doesn't do shit.
Armodafinil is better.

Modafinil and phenibut work from what I've tried.

Just do meth

I take modafinil and it works for me, but is not only take these pills and they will make magic. Of course they will increase your focus, but you need to focus in your things, or you will distract with everything. That increase of focus can be used for important things, or for other things, and the over thinking that these pills can cause, can make you screw it up. You need to use it right and get used to these with time, or you can have problems with the high alpha-adrenergic stimulation, like headaches, nausea, vomiting or cardiac complications.

smart man

Modafinil is pretty much the only thing that works. I take one, and I am guaranteed to have am unusually productive day. The down side is I am unable to sleep that night, and it completely fucks up my circadian rhythms. For this reason I only take it about 1-2 time per month, when I really need it.

Ashwaganda isn't necessarily a nootropic, although it is another supplement that you can actually feel the effect of. I believe it helps regulate your thyroid and hormone levels, both of which are correlated with your effective cognitive ability.

The most surprisingly thing I've tried is Gingko. I always though it was just some scammy supplement that old chinese people took, but its one of the few things that gives you a subtle, but noticeable boost.

My stack right now is
Caffeine + Ashwaganda + Ginkgo

I am a code monkey with a lot of disposable income, so I have pretty much tried everything out there. Ultimately it comes down to sustainability. Supplements that give you a boost, but come with steep price are simply not worth it if you think about the long term cost/benefit ratio.

Also just as a general note, there is a certain kind of person who is drawn towards nootropics. I find that many times these people really have some underlying health issue that they have not diagnosed, and they are self medicated with nootropics. Chronic infections, hormone irregularities, sleep apnea, mineral deficiencies. Definitely check all of that stuff first

Taking Zinc + B-complex daily does more for cognition than half of the nootropics out there.

For several months.

I take Armodafinil, I pop one as soon as I wake up on an empty stomach, gives me an insane concentration for couple of hours, with some anxiety/restlessness and then I take some caffine and my alertness lasts till post lunch.

I would't recommend it on a daily basis though as you'll develop tolerance really fast, I just take it for a couple of days during exam weeks.

I fast. The first 2-3 days you'll get headaches, after that you get peak mental performance.
During the exam period I try to stay in ketosis as to not get those initial headaches.

Supplements only "work" if you are deficient in something. But really its just brings you to your normal level.

You have some options though.
Take adderall like a dumbass.
Or drink coffee and chew nicotine gum.

coluracetam atm

Source for ombi?

+NAC and l-theanine
Stops dopamine depletion and increases task-switching ability

Or Adderall/high purity amphetamine from the deepweb, get some scales or volumetric glassware so you can dose 25-30mg at a time and there are no side Effects (if you take it in the morning that is)

Make sure you are doing what you plan on doing g while the effects take hold

Celastrus paniculatus and gotu kola. Other compounds vary depending on your intended use and metric for improvement. Cacao gives and takes, as does caffeine from various sources. Ethanol can actually be a good nootropic in reasonable doses, sometimes at all doses. Phenibut is likely only a nootropic due to its calcium channel blocking activity.

Etc.

modafinil reduces fatigue but does not otherwise help me concentrate.

nootropics are not especially effective imo. the only exception i find is that noopept can extend the effects of stimulants like MPH and ease the crash without keeping me awake. since awakebrain went down i'm not even sure where to buy the name-brand stuff and i'm wary of taking the chinese mystery powder sold by the kg.

Supposedly modafinil is supposed to help with atypical depression. But I get so overstimulated from stims. I don’t know what to do.

Fuck nootropic faggotry just take stimulants. Ritalin is a godsend.

Semax: overpriced garbage for me, no effect
Noopept: Fucks your short-term memory a bit, but you turn into a work-zombie with no emotions and your long-term memory formation is way better
Piracetam: amazing. better memory, better recall, more vivid colours, slight mood improvement. very subtle though
Garlic: slight mood and energy boost, your whole body feels a bit better (less aches etc)
Coleus Forskohli: apparent T boost, CREB boost to neurons, subtle or placebo
Ashwaghanda: perfect when you have persistent stress to stop your body from breaking down from all the cortisol. might give you insomnia if you take it too late in the day.
Zinc: mood stabilizing effects, great for immune system and hormones
Vitamin C: helps maintain energy during sleep deprivation
B vitamins: slight energy boost, more physical than mental
Creatine: noticeable energy maintenance + will power boost if you haven't slept, otherwise no effect mentally
Theanine: smooths out caffeine, but makes me feel passive, great for reading papers if you are a bit too energetic
Aniracetam: makes you think holistically and speak with a silver tongue, but seems to weaken tunnel vision
Methylene blue: no noticeable effect for me
Nicotine: makes you not give a fuck, improves memory and focus, improves motivation a tiny bit, modulates your thinking to make abstract concepts take precedence over sensory experience (great for writing and math, bad for learning from data), makes you more masculine, makes your extremities feel cold as fuck
Amphetamines: you feel like a God, but its 80% just an illusion and you will regret it once you start getting infections in your mouth and once you come off you will feel tired for a month.
Bacopa: Improves memory a lot after few weeks, can give you massive stomach cramps
Lions mane: Improves memory a lot as well, increases mental energy to the point where 2 weeks in you will probably sleep 6 hours per night.