Literary Presses & Publishers

Hey Veeky Forums,

Been thinking about starting a literary magazine for the past year/two years with hopes of building it into a press. The goal would be to fight back against the extreme liberal bias that is found in the arts communities and give other views/authors with other views voices without fearing being silenced by the entire community with no other opportunities. It's kind of obvious the progressives dominate all types of art and we need to fight back.
Lit Mag would publish short stories, essays, poetry, short comics, and maybe some visual art of some kinds.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

otoya.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Veeky Forums is a Marxist/Communist board. You won't find help here. Go back to /pol/ Drumpftard

Yeah I imagine this would get a lot of traction very quickly.
That's cute.

there are not many good right wing authors (there's hamsun etc....but not manyn others). there is no conspiracy within the publishing industry to exclude right wing authors.....they simply don't exist in any considerable numbers.

by starting a magazine with the premise of using right wing authors you are shooting yourself int he foot by essentially trying to sell a poor product....i.e a literary magazine full of shit work.

good luck

Lmao. Have you not heard of the RabbidPuppies?

no

The art leftists make is either superficial trash or just half-baked critiques of consumerism anyway. Get a website and make a Twitter, faggot.

You will see how far the progressives have dunk their claws into Sci Fi, look up the Sad Puppies and the Rabbid Puppies. Hell, look at modern comics these days. All cucks. No substance. Pathetic.

>comics, sci-fi

not literature

>we need to fight back.
>we

My idea is to start a literary magazine called... you know, it's hard to come up with a name because it has to be something that people like saying. I'm always testing names, like say "Granite," by saying out loud like "You read that thing in Granite?" I want to test the names by asking that to a real person but I'm always embarrassed, so I just say it to myself alone under my breath. "You read that thing in Granite?" "Hey, you see the new Granite piece? 'Twas good." "Word, Granite is such a good mag. I'm subbed." My goal for the magazine would be that it's very hip, cool, on the cutting edge of things, but not so far out that it's like I'm preaching to a tiny choir. It would have to attract authors who are good but cool. No big names, unless they're cool. Mostly small names, with some medium names thrown in sometimes, and then like a big name for a rare treat. Like Stephen King on this, or that. We'd get the sales from King's name, he's get the cred from being in Granite. People'd say "You see Stephen King contributed an article on e-readers to Granite? I didn't even know he knew what Granite was. So random." Articles, reviews, letters, longform, shortform, thick paper, glossy, nice paperstock, good typefaces, like no bad ones, poetry. Yeah, so Granite. It's growing on me. I think it's got legs. So, I don't know, would you sub to Granite? Let me know what you think.

>your poetry will never be published, as they favors homosexuals, aboriginals, and other minority groups who write nothing but shitty prose with random line breaks

their is no conspiracy against right wing publication. Right-wing pundits, activists and politicians do publish books.

The reality is they are a small portion of the market, mostly because of demand. If there was greater demand for right-wing books, there would surely be more.

In general, the demand for books and magazines is very low, across all political spectrums. If you're going to make a magazine or a press, make sure you have a good business plan and can afford to lose money. The market for books is not very rewarding.

I think you should call it stalactite because it would, like, reach down from the upper echelons of culture to the masses. people could call it, like, "stalag" for short....they'd be all like "dude, did you read this months stalag...shit was cash"

You know, that's actually a good idea because I'm thinking even further down the line people will just be calling cool things "Stalag."

This thread gets posted at least twice a month.
Either put up or shut up faggot.
And no, I don't want to read your safe-space Nazi trash.

You may not be referencing Rupi Kapur but this made me think of her. She has proven you can take advantage of normie women's emotions by making crude one sentence poems that fill an entire page and become rich in the process.

Not talking specifically right wing, faggot. Just talking about not Marxist bullshit like:

- Lidia Yuknavitch
- Lidia Davis
- Paul Tremblay
- Thomas French
- Roxane Gay

and many more.

I'm talking about a variety mag for a variety of ideas that aren't just communist circle-jerk materials of gay agenda. Andrew Klaven said it best:

"It will not… Conservatives should not be afraid to make and praise art that depicts the worst aspects of human nature as long as it does so honestly — that is, in the context of the moral universe in which every choice has its price and every action has its consequences whether internal or external or both."

If there wasn't a demand for it, people wouldn't be pushing back against the agenda being pushed in movies, TV, and games.

I feel like this proves the point.
Can't even have discussion about other ideas because Marxist/Communist board of peace(TM).

So, you want to start up the type of magazine that only left-wing liberals read or submit work to, and that most right-wingers either deride or are ignorant of. Liberals aren't biased against right-wing shit just for fun, OP. In the U.S. at least, the right wing has been trying to actively destroy anything resembling an arts scene, academic community, or the humanities. Right-wingers generally don't read the sort of thing you're describing, and even fewer of them write suitable material. You'll end up making do with faux blue-collar Stephen King types, pseudo-macho Hemingway acolytes, and self-loathing authors who can't shake their fundie upbringings... Actually, it should be bizarre and great. Go for it: I demand a right-wing McSweeney's.

otoya.org/
this you op?

Because excluding ideas "has nothing to do with the right wing agenda".

But hardly any1 reads magazines anymore, famalam. I personally haven't bought one in maybe a decade.

Still, I'll read it if you publish it & advertise it here. Sounds interesting.

I think you should go for a Blast kind of vibe. Stylish and Appeals to Veeky Forumsmodernist sensibilities but had a right wing voice overall