Forbidden Knowledge Thread

What is the resonant frequency of an eardrum?

Depends on the person's size. Usually from 2-4 kHZ. that's why high pitches seem louder

With which visible bodily trait does the frequency of one's eardrum most strongly correlate, and what is the correlation?

size of ear. larger ear canal --> larger eardrum to cover ear canal --> lower resonance frequency. Older people are probably closer to 2000 and younger people like babies are closer to 400p. Size of person in general

Interesting. What about tectonic plates?

That is nearly impossible to calculate. Densities and many other factors change too drastically over one plate. It depends on what is on top of the plate like buildings or water etc.

What if you measured it's resonant frequency by dropping a giant eight ton mass eighty feet, and then using a seismic microphone to measure the reverberations, listening for the loudest one and measuring how long it takes?

that's the average. If there was a universal frequency for tectonic plates, one earthquake would essentially fuck up the whole world

True, but shouldn't the loudest, most coherent reverberation reflect the resonance of the individual plate, and not the entire crust/planet? Or at least, the loudest of the early reverbarations. After all, a plate's resonant frequency is less than that of the entire planet, unless sound waves travel MUCH faster in the mantle and crust, which means you just have to identify an early, yet coherent and strong, reverberation, and the reciprocal of its delay should be the plate's resonant frequency.

>After all, a plate's resonant frequency is less
greater*

>Forbidden Knowledge Thread

Roko's Basilisk

Really loud industrial noises

DELET THIS NOW!

Too late

I don't actually get what's scary about this. Oh no future manlet robot is angry I didn't help him???

The world you are currently in might be a simulation by the basilisk

it's AI scaremongering pretty much

it is definitely an issue, if someone manages to make a "real" AI and fails to give it a sense of morality it could very will kill a ton of people
that doesn't justify ceasing AI development though, IMO

Look up Fletcher-Munson curve. There's your answer. /thread

Little die looks happy.

Mods, please, DELET THIS THREAD NOW!

Forbidden/Alarming Knowledge:

- Veeky Forums made a meme the president of the united states
- Pizzagate is real (really)
- Our future is either Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism or feudalism
- Intelligent people could be dangerous to the establishment, stupid people only to each other

Kek, kek, kek, and kek. Gb2 /pol/.

I assume "kek" stands for "I agree, this is the truth." on this board

haha whatcha gonna do about it NSA? go cry to the media?

actually kek is a figure of deity that we worship, and I'm offended by you taking His name in vain

w-why have you forsaken me, user...

An AI would never waste precious material and CPU resources on actually carrying out the threat.

I hate this fucking meme so much. I hate that its name implies it's something more than just a faggot on a forum.

What's the best way to grow C. botulinum? For scientific purposes, of course.

It doesn't even matter if it ever carries out something. What matters is that the meme is successful in modifying people's behavior