yes

What makes a city Veeky Forums

>Halifax, NS

Yes, just look at our library.

>rural upstate NY
>Veeky Forums

soon I will move to NYC to mooch off bourgeois literary Jews

Jesus Christ that pic user.
Let's not veer too far from the topic at hand, but lads, what would you rate this here wench? I'm gunna say 4/10

Not really. I live in a small town in Norway with about 30000 inhabitants. The town used to be 95% working class people that worked at either the steel wire factory, or the glass factory.

>those distributions
if they knew anything about book stacking, they would know that's suboptimal. i don't trust it.

Every city I go to is lit baby.

It is a very Veeky Forums place with XVI century colonial architecture.

How far away from Syracuse are you?

denver

most of the people here are illiterate goons with no passion or goal in life. so, yes, very Veeky Forums

Denver was the favorite city of Neal Cassady

im in a small town near Hudson

unfortunately the denver of neal cassady's time has died and been replaced with the metropolitan equivalent of a full diaper

>hudson is upstate
You are like little baby.
Come read my book near the canadian border

Providence, RI
Moderately Veeky Forums. Lovecraft lived here, and I can walk to his grave in ~15 minutes. Poe spent some time here, and McCarthy was born here.

Sad!

nigga, you can't be serious. pockets of the university are Veeky Forums, and very much so, but Knoxville as a whole? you're smoking a rock.

>Knoxville
Yeah, I'm gonna have to say no.

tfw close to Massachusetts

JUST

I love in a poor and violent South American town, so not Veeky Forums at all.

>Seattle
Yes, but in all the worst ways

>Working class white suburb of Chicago
No, it's relatively dull here.

head down to south side and start bangin
lots of good material

Yes, very much so, by American standards anyway. It regularly competes with Seattle for "most Veeky Forums city in the country", based upon basic, actual metrics (libraries per capita, bookstores, newspapers etc)

If by Veeky Forums you mean on heroin then yes.

Styx?

>New York

you tell me lol

>San Diego

The weather is too nice. We're a bunch of surfer bros who are uncultured and stoned. That said, I'd still like to write the great SoCal novel someday.

>Upper middle class suburb of Chicago
You're not missing much

student? I went to UCSD but I finished and moved East.

no. upper middle class thirty something. i went to school in los angeles, which is a hell hole except for venice beach

id fuck the shit out of those gums baby

Maybe kafkaesque. I am stuck in a little bend of suburb near St. George, Utah, surrounded by a fence and a river. They forgot to build a gate. Please send assistance.

>Philadelphia

maybe but it fucking sucks.

hey bro, Center City here, what's good?

I'm a surfer bro who liked to get stoned, but I'm on the East Coast (NJ). The shore is not very Veeky Forums but it's got its share of characters.

it's too fucking cold to surf here mate.

5 mil wetsuit, hood, boots, gloves baby

what part of sd user

>Austin
I literally live in pseud city. Something that has happened with multiple people is that I will ask them what book they are reading, and then when I ask them again a few months that later, they say the same book. I don't just mean Normies, these are people who act like they strong opinions on philosophy, politics, literature, etc., but in reality they are just larping pseuds.

Not him but I live in a suburb near Del Mar that's filled with retired affluent white people and Asians. Pretty fucking boring around here. Right now I'm finishing my last semester of community college before transferring to UC Irvine where I will live among even more Asians.

Sorry I'm already writing that novel

My city is YA

>Bologna, Italy
More /leftypol/ than Veeky Forums t b h

New London CT

Lots of hipsters and trust fund babies and niggers. So not very Veeky Forums but, it's about an hour away from new bedford, where moby dick took place, so that's something right?

You fucking bet

Maybe in the past. I don't even know anymore.

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Very lit

>tfw lots of book stores in your city but they all spout liberal propaganda on their Facebook and advertisements

I remember the first time i rubbed one out to this pic.

South Jersey
No. Suburban hell. Philly is a short train ride away though. Penn is kinda lit. Some cool small theater troupes in center city.

Nottingham

Home of DH Lawrence and Alan Sillitoe, as well as the Robin Hood myth. Lit enough.

Belfast.

I'd say yeah, my uni had a lot of great writers teaching or did teach there

No, it's a grey, post-industrial shithole

It's statistically more likely that an inhabitant huffs petroleum than they are to be literate

yes.

Zagreb here. I envy you a little bit, you have much better concerts there.

No

We have literally one bookshop and it barely has anything good in it

I live near the city of Romeo and Juliet

Cracow, it's UNESCO city of literature

>Newry
No, as a matter of fact it's barely a city either.

It is very, very /IRA/ though.

What's with all the Northern Ireland anons on Veeky Forums?

Is NI Veeky Forums?

>Montréal

We've got this dude.

pretty lit

Land of saints and scholars lad, nothing better to do on march evenings than a bottle of wine and a book. Im south of the border though.

Yeah me too. I'm from Baltimore. Not very "lit" but the Baltimore/Washington area has a lot of biomedical researchers and bourgeoisie.

>Greensboro/Charlotte, NC

Eh. Greensboro has Unicorn Press for poetry which is okay, and O. Henry was born here, but that's about it. And Charlotte, no, not at all, banks/corporatism and transplants, no culture. Still, I enjoy wandering downtown through both. That's Veeky Forums?

>middle of the American midwest
No, definitely not.

Knoxville is the setting of Suttree, at the least, and little landmarks here and there to it and Cormac McCarthy, who grew up there. The average person doesn't recognize any of it, but that's still Veeky Forums af desu.

Where you at, bro? Naperville here. It's boring and superficial but at least it's comfy.

how many people know who's knausgaard over there?

since we're in the era of postmodernism and all, shouldn't the typical "literary" cities become non-literary and the non-literary become literary.

I propose Gary IN the Mecca of literature.

Seymour checking in, you are wrong.

>'s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
My country as a whole isn't Veeky Forums. The only people I can discuss literature with are (usually white) immigrants. At least we have a nice cathedral.

fellow new yorker. very much yes obvi

I post-ironically believe that Gary, Indiana has huge Veeky Forums potential.

no it's not

it's also where Elrond Cupboard's Battlefield Earth is set. So take that for what its worth.

is the bay area Veeky Forums?

I love our libraries, NUK is top comfy

>Galveston, TX
Yes I'd say so. We have Rosenberg Library which is the oldest still operating library in Texas, originally built in 1904. Don't really think it's that popular though, only among the homeless that used to use its bathrooms to wash themselves.

Don't know if it's true but I've read buenos aires has the most libraries per capita.

it punches above its weight.

Of course not.

>TX
>oldest still operating...1904

You should travel more and get some fucking perspective, you goddamn shit clod.

What library in Texas is older that is still in operation? And I've traveled around the world so I'm not sure what your problem is lol.

>tfw boulder

Bolanño would disagree, Garcia

Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Used to be way more lit but it's still pretty great. I don't fuck with Kendall Square though.

The oldest library in your shitkicking state known for its retards doesn't magically make your "city" Veeky Forums.

Calm down retard.

How so?

Geez relax you autistic faggot!

Which city

im a phd student at Austin, the city is pretty much full of techies, and lowlives that think that being a sandwich maker at Thundercloud subs is the "hip lifestyle". they're all loser scum. its a fun city but the university is the only redeemable quality, besides the nature in Hill Country.

its pseud central