Have to do problems #15 through 20

>Have to do problems #15 through 20
>That's 6 problems to do total
>mfw 20 - 15 = 5
Is arithmetic as we know it fundamentally broken? Are the piano axioms one big troll?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_orbital
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kek thanks user

piano axioms only go up to the numbers four or eight, depending on if you're talking about scoops or arm workout time in hours

Hahaha epic, very fun :)

yeah but if you add 5 bananas to 15 bananas you get 20 bananes

20 - 15 = Amount of times you passed from one question to another.

You past from question 15 to 16
Then from 16 to 17
Then from 17 to 18
Then from 18 to 19
and then from 19 to 20

mathcucks BTFO

jesufuckingchristanon

No he did 15,16,17,18,19,20, thats 6 by your logic thats 5, is arthmetic real?

Not him, but the difference is when you do problems 15, 16, 17, 17, 19 and 20, you’re listing each number. When subtracting, you only list inbetween numbers, which is 15 to 16, 16 to 17, 17 to 18, 18 to 19 and 19 to 20.

but why

yeah, 20-15 is 5 but he did 6.

Niggas have to start counting at zero.

>why
Math is flawed as everything else but mathfags don't want laymen to know
Imagine all those texbooks now made useless

?? how

0.99999.... = 1

yea
if a = .9999...
10 a = 9.9999...
10a - a = 9a = 9
a = 1

Not sure how to explain correctly, but I think it’s because when you count, you include the first number (in this case, you include 15 and go to 20) but in math, the first number isn’t included. Like for 1 + 5, if you were to count, you would get 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, making the answer 5. But in addition, having 1 isn’t the first step, making the equation 1 + 4; the first step is 2 + 4, then 3 + 3 and so on until you get 6.

No, but we are talking about arithmetic, not math, defined by Peanos axioms. In peanos axioms the definition of subtraction is as follows
assume a model exists.
if a>=b
then a-b is defined recursively by S^-1^b(a)
20-15=S^-15(20)=5
but 20-15 is 6

this

no, you only do the interior of 15 to 20, so its actually 4. Still 20-15=5 but 20-15 is 4, really interesting

actually, "thru" does not mean minus, thru is its own function unto itself, very similar to minus, but not really
if your'e professor calls you and says "dont do number 19", you have 6-1 problems to do.

can you define thru in terms of peanos arithmetic or PRA, this is a discussion about arithmetic, please dont define things

Lol typical off-by-1 error. You should be a CompSci.

Let a and b be two complex realistic natural numbers
then a-b=a-(b-1)
QED

Let a=n b=0, then a-0-1=a-1 so a-0=a-1

Why is that doggo so nervous?

That's the kind of problem that used to bother me in middle school.
I thought it was because in the first case you have to count 20 as well as the numbers in between, where in the second one you leave 20 alone.

So it's actually 21-15.

What?

Comp sci fag here, we deal with this all day erry day.

What you need to understand is that your being asked to do problems 15 to 20 inclusive, notice the word through and not the phrase "up to". But the the array actually started at a 0 index so you accidentally do problems 16 through 21 instead and this seems to work most of the time but you'r fucking checksums are not working out and then you get an index out of range exception every once in a while and everything shits the bed. Or if your lucky and programming in C instead of an exception you just start interpreting a random location in memory as executable code and a sentient AI gets formed from the computational primordial soup and it spreads and takes over the earth killing everyone.

All I'm really saying is following instructions properly is important if you don't want to die.

Picture unrelated.

but that isnt right you dense cunt

You're retarded. End yourself.

It was obvious to those of us with higher intelligences that the piano axioms were always wrong, we just didn't make a big deal out of it

You're doing exercises from the start of #15 to the end of #20, ie the start of #21.
You shouldn't be calculating 20-15 but 20.9999... -15 = 21-15=6

U didn't even do it right

yeah i did

I'm brand new to this board because I have a chemistry question and this bullshit is the top thread atm so I'm already losing hope, but just in case anyone knows their shit, why does this bromine have 2 lone pairs and 3 bonds? I was under the impression that you cannot have more than 8 valence electrons, this adds up to 10, what am I missing here?

noble gasses are weird and kinda like those guys who like traps but think that they arent gay

idk wtf I expected from Veeky Forums

wait bromine isn't even a fucking noble gas wtf

Stop talking like a fag. In computer science this is called an off by one error. More specifically, this is called a fencepost error.

The origin of this word is a quote from the works of Vitruvius, "If you build a straight fence 30 meters long with posts spaced 3 meters apart, how many posts do you need?"
The correct answer is 11, as there are 10 sections but 11 posts.

BrF3 has 28 valence electrons.
Because Bromine is in period 4, it's possible to form a hypervalent molecule, breaking the octet rule. This is why it's a rule of thumb and not an actual law.
Because it's able to hold more electrons, bromine gets the rest.

Also in case you're wondering, transition metals follow an 18 electron rule.

haha r*tard

>piano axioms

You gotta remove the ones you don't do!!! You do the 15th!!! So you don't remove it!!!!

{15,16,17,18,19,20}
1, 2, ..., 14 (14 thingies), 15, ..., 20 (6 thingies)
20-14=6.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_orbital

How many commas is that? Five.

not him but there's 6 if you actually read his post

do all the problems from 1 to 2. thats 1,2 but you have to do 2 problems not 1.

20-15 is 5 or 6

So 5.5 on average

Can't believe this bullshit is still getting replies, it's funny for about 2 seconds. Saged.
Does sage still work on Veeky Forums?

It's a self fulfilling prophecy duh

Just use [inclusive] and (exclusive) tags, for example:

[15 - 20] = 6
(15 - 20) = 4
(15 - 20] = 5
etc etc

Literally why is this impossible

>the absolute dweebus still believes in subtraction
It's the addition of negative numbers, mongoloid
>20+-1+-1+-1+-1+-1=19+-1+-1+-1+-1
>=18+-1+-1+-1
>=17+-1+-1
>=16+-1
>=15

It's almost like with addition, you already start with the first number as an initial condition

>there brainlets on this board who are unfamiliar with basic indexing

why do i come here

you're here forever

listen to this guy here: he explains the concept.
I'll try to add some words tho.
You have to do exercice #15 to #20. You are interested in the number of exercices. So basically in the cardinality of the set with entries {exercise #15, exercise #16, exercise #17, exercise #18, exercise #19, exercise #20}.
That set has 6 elements, therfore its cardinality is 6.
Using substraction on some arbitrary elemnts that we could also have given pure literal names instead of numbering them makes no sense.

retard I do math in ZF-C
since there's no C, we can't choose a model that exists
(i.e your retarded and should feel bad)

there are uncountably many numbers between 15 and 20 though, so none of those make sense

No, you're just bad at mathematical modelling.