Chris Langan and his CTMU

What do Veeky Forums? Is he really a genius beyond our and most of the academic communities understanding? Or is he a intelligent flake trying to garner some fame?

>the man

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan

>the theory

ctmu.org

Other urls found in this thread:

main.megafoundation.org/Langan_CTMU_092902.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=rH2hiwhsZZU
quora.com/profile/Chris-Langan-7/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the theory "theory"

main.megafoundation.org/Langan_CTMU_092902.pdf

Has He even been officially tested with regards to his intelligence?

I always thought It was self reported.

You are correct.

He keeps making threads about himself on Veeky Forums to meme himself. About as bad as wildeberger at this point but at least the berg has something to teach Veeky Forums

I don't know.
Haha! if I was him I think would know it.

Scratch that, actually he was tested by a Neuropsychologist, the doctor said he had the highest IQ he'd ever seen. This took place when during a episode of 20/20 that he was featured on. But I guess you can take that with a grain of salt, seeing it's television. In the Wikipedia article it describes what I just typed.

He went on 1v100 and showed that he isn't as intelligent as he claims. Great marketer though!

Here is the question he should have been able to deduce.
youtube.com/watch?v=rH2hiwhsZZU

His wife is apparently a neuropsychologist.

Trivia is as useless as an IQ test in measuring intelligence. The only true measure is his utter lack of intellectual achievements and his pathetic word salad philosophy.

Does he have any intelectual achievements at all? In academia or otherwise? I legitimately don't know but I'm gonna put my money on no.

The question he got wrong watch the entire clip was very useful to show he is not intelligent as he seems. It was very easy to deduce. He also could have used stats and realized the standard deviation from polling the mob showed WHAT is the correct answer. SAD.

Please ignore me I went full retard.

Really he should have realized that the skit is called "who's on first?" so "who" isn't the second baseman. He ought to have known it was "what" after "I don't know" got eliminated.

Either that or he could have just had total recall of the skit, since he's apparently turbointelligent and seemed to have been familiar with Abbot and Costello's oeuvre.

Yes, he did score extremely high on a IQ test. However, you need to keep in mind it was in 2001. IQ test back then were very different from today's IQ tests. This means it's very likely that he does have an extremely high IQ, but not as high as people think he does.

The question though is his CTMU worthless or actually going somewhere, regardless of his IQ.

It's worthless.

How so?

it's just trash

>Believing in IQ in 2017 despite heavy scientific evidence.
>Meddling scientific knowledge with IQ though is known to be different things
Truly a brainlet, get out my fucking board

He is based

quora.com/profile/Chris-Langan-7/

Okay but how so?

He's a long-winded, /pol/tard brainlet who makes up words and that's about it.

That's why I questioned his credentials before wasting my time with his stupidly long "theory of everything".

What type of absurd statement is that?

How do most people (IQ

it's not about intelligence itself, it's just that IQ tests 16 years ago were very different and measured mostly your verbal skills