Say something nice about this show

Say something nice about this show.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Réseau_plate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thomas Jane is a pretty good actor.

Unrealistic fusion drives and stealth in space. JUST WHERE ARE MUH RADIATORS!

I like the opening music they use.

I only saw the first season, should I keep watching it?

Yes.

Still the most scientifically accurate show we have right now

Quite realistic space ships/travel as far as sci-fi goes.

The ships use RCS thrusters plus flip & burn maneuvers to get around, and they use constant acceleration with vertically stacked decks to provide artificial gravity.

>MAGIC UNLIMITED DELTA-V ENGINES
yea super realistic LUL

"as far as sci-fi goes"

But its fucking dumb though

There is no "sci" in the Expanse

I was told it was scientifically plausible but it is anything but. There are scenes where ships have "gravity" and are moving but not accelerating, probably because they expect the audience to confuse the two. Neat show, though it still has the typical sci fi cheese.

its a fucking tv show. if you don't like the show then don't watch it.

It was one of the best scifi shows in years... until Thomas Jane's character died and i noticed how poorly casted and acted rest of the characters were. Especially that fat martian angsty cunt, good character ruined by absolutely horrendous actress.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post.

I almost stopped watching after the first episode of season 2 due to how terrible the acting of the Martians were. Also, the shoehorned sub Saharan Africans teammates, the PC squad.

The main woman, is terrible. She's a New Zealander, and as a New Zealander myself, I apologise.

That's the only way we'll ever get space opera, because the cold hard facts are that space exploration is prohibitively expense and we'll all live and die on this rock until we are no more, and no one will ever leave and thrive elsewhere.

Good show, season 1 was the best, but season 2 is still pretty good.
Not scientifically accurate in any sense of the word, but at least the politics are interesting.

More-so than BSG or Star Trek and Wars with their magic artificial gravity and transporters, replicates, Easy FTL, and shit.

When the ships aren't accelerating there is never gravity; the crew use magnets on their feet

Get out retard

>being this autistic
there will never be a show that is PERFECTLY scientific, because those shows are unfun and not worth watching
also recall that special effects are fucking expensive, and having to account for big ass radiator fins in every single design ever is not worth spending their very limited money on

They're very close to hard-sci, and what liberties they took are perfectly reasonable to ensure that the show existed at all

>giving it two (You)s
report them instead

> implying space dildo simulator is accurate
That being said the efficiencies they manage to get in the expanse are pretty insane .like even when describing the reactor room theres barely any cooling in a reactor accelerating a hundreds-of-tons ship at like 100+ m/s^2 .
Its like an ultra fast quasi-karnot engine

This , isnt c the limit of possible deltaV if your entire ship is fuel and you ignore all thermodynamics ?
They barely ever mention fuel tanks or radiators. So even if they have magic fuel that has rest mass and accelerates to c on its own they shouldn't be able to sustain the acceleration they do for as long as they do.

Not to mention the expanse is shit in the biological-scifi side and ive seen the show and read all the books.
If you want decent believable scifi i suggest Aurora by ksr.

I gave up after 2 episodes and haven't regretted it once.

It's not prohibitively expensive, uranium is a super common metal, A fission engine is just a lump of uranium.
chemical fuels can be mass produced on an immense scale.
Fusion would just take Tritium/Deuturium, plus a buncha magnets

>They're very close to hard-sci
The fact they just handwave away the ONE DRIVING COMPONENT of ship design, which is engines & delta-v, while at the same time ignoring that your free delta-v engines could power the entire world or destroy it......

Then they are shipping bulk goods around, as if they couldn't produce unlimited amounts of food with their free energy space engines

There is no fuel that would get you anywhere near c
Delta-v is your fuels Isp times your fuel fraction, more or less.

High Isp engines will have proportionately less thrust.

This is not something you can just handwave away, shipping millions of tons of payload across the solar system is still going to take a ton of fuel, even with a fission fragment engine or some sort of magic fusion drive.

At the very least they should have designed some realistic ships, picked a realistic Isp, have a realistic amount of radiators/thrust/fuel fraction/engine dry mass/etc

You also need to remember to apply this engine technology to the rest of society.

>At the very least they should have designed some realistic ships, picked a realistic Isp, have a realistic amount of radiators/thrust/fuel fraction/engine dry mass/etc
>at the very least they should've made it perfect
I think you don't know what least means.

Can't believe they didn't break away from the book storyline and keep him alive. He was the only interesting character.

this
the ships are actually pretty well-designed if you exclude magic engines and fuel. Generally they're not symmetrical or superficial. The war ships in particular are great.

In the credits sequence, they overlay over the video of the various planets and stuff those thin back crosshairs, the widely spaced plus signs you'd see in the old NASA photos from the moon. Why were those in the photos to begin with? Why were those crosshairs there?

>ships are well designed besides all the things that make up a spaceship

When you're drowning in a sea of shit, a nugget of undigested corn floating to the top is a comforting oasis.

Winchell Chung in a nutshell

sci/entists are probably mad over there being any exterior cinematic shots during combat in this show as well, its a tv show for entertainment purposes and yet people expect it to be accurate and consistent with no liberties taken. Christ even interstellar got roasted and they created it with accuracy in mind.

How are you this much of an autist? If they picked realistic (re existing as you define it) technology they wouldnt have a a science fiction show at all. Additionally they do give the technology to the rest of society, there is an entire episode dedicated to explaining the creation and proliferation of their fusion engines.

Duh, the exhaust is the cooling system.

>if you exclude magic engines and fuel
Once you do that you still are left with ships and space stations designed primarily around aethestics rather than any practical use.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Réseau_plate

this isn't /tv/ you fucktard