Generally speaking...

Generally speaking, is the status of alpha male in the animal kingdom achieved by mostly being genetically predisposed to it, or is it achieved through one's own sheer determination/work to be at the top? What is the main indicator?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ti86veZBjU
davemech.org/news.html
wolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/267alphastatus_english.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No such thing. The concept of alpha males has been debunked conclusively. You're working off 1980's ideas.

The first. The second is bollocks, there's not even such a thing.

Cuckold detected. Alphas are a mathematical inevitability when two distinct sexes where one invests a lot more into the offspring(female) than the other(male) exists. In the current version found on Earth, most females can also be certain of their offspring since they bear it, males must compensate by increasing their chances. Either they must invest a lot into the offspring, like the female(but still risk being cucked) or increase their chances by mating with a lot of different females.

>inb4 some stupid le cuck xDD meme

Status of the Alpha male is determined mostly by the female's population perspective on worth.

In other words it's a slow but constantly moving goal post on what provides the best augment for genome adaptation. And it's different for every species on earth.

Males court, females choose.

Since females of most species can only bear a few offspring during their lifetimes, their absolutely best bet is to mate with Chad and birth a Chad son. Having a Chad son could lead to tenfold or hundredfold faster propagation of the female individuals genes than she alone or her daughters could do.

Eh, close.

Ultimately 'alpha' status (gender neutral) is given to the person that is initially 'perceived' as the most suitable mate, given pre-existing signalling factors up to, and through, puberty.

So if N is raised as X or Y expectations, then whatever Z value for that x/y 'mating pair' is closest upon initial observation (bell curve) would be what people (most usually unintentionally) respond to.

Without any real cultural or social discussion about yourself as a sexual being it is relegated to just 'natural instinct' (which is fucking messy) and whatever your society promotes/suppresses (easy log scale).

A chad is simply 'observable necessary' without any FUTURE indicators taken into consideration, which women are (for SOME reason unknown to myself) not sufficiently educated to either avoid (nurture) or versed in HOW to heal that particular broken man (oooh, he just needs some tender love and affection and he will get back on his feet!)

Ultimately a true alpha however can't ever choose their status. It is divested to that individual by the identity group, and to achieve that you have to pass quite a lot of 'simple division' tests. Think of it like Trump's tax returns and all that. The more you hide the more money you can make, but the more you uncover of yourself for others to discover (e.g. art/creative works) and communicate the willingness to share that part of self with them (betterment for the group) then people will simply bestow you with that because 'they' were trusted first.

It is about how willingly inspectable an individual within a 'grouping' is and the group's capacity to retain cohesion independently until some sort of 'loci' is identified and then you bond over a shared interest.

Reason for all of the above is because 'every' human being feels ugly inside, somewhere. Our eyes looking out see our hurt, the eyes looking at us sees everything that we cannot.

Simple.

>>Pic Unrelated To Brainlets

Mostly hard work

The chads at school wake up early, train, lift, eat right, practice hard so they can start on the squad, socialize even when they're tired of other people, and in general just are always competing with others

At least try and not be the stereotypical nerdy cuckold, Veeky Forums. Jesus, this thread is embarrassing.

>The second is bollocks, there's not even such a thing.
Attitude and hard work are almost all of it. The worst components of "unattractiveness" are controllable. Being fit, and having money to afford grooming products / medications / dental work will all dramatically improve your facial aesthetics.

Of course, being in the [math]\beta[/math] to [math]\Omega[/math] range, you unsurprisingly pin it all on fate and genetics and argue ferociously against self-determination. You dramatically underestimate how much work alphas put in to stay on top.

First off, it's a misnomer created by faulty research that the very guy who came up with the idea debunked - but the idea was so appealing that no one believed him.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ti86veZBjU

Secondly, in those few primate populations that do have alpha male arrangements, the bulk of the breeding is done by low ranking males and females. When the betas and alpha start fighting it out, the older males, gammas, omegas, and undesired females retreat, and in the throws of their stress, start fucking.

...and among the only other primate that form nations as we do, namely the baboon, mates interchange among tribes and families dynamically, maximizing genetic diversity.

All of which is disappointing for me, as I tend to consider myself the alpha of my group - though probably only because I'm an extrovert that tends to surround himself with omegas.

Being a brainlet, you don't understand that your genes decide if you're a hard worker or not.

>reference a numale video with no legit research or analytical reasoning behind it
>myself I'm an alpha anyway
wow man you just went full retard

>First off, it's a misnomer created by faulty research that the very guy who came up with the idea debunked - but the idea was so appealing that no one believed him.
[citation needed]

>unironically believing in determinism

determinism is a fact

>my genes made me post that

the entire cosmic clockwork made me post that

>First off, it's a misnomer created by faulty research that the very guy who came up with the idea debunked - but the idea was so appealing that no one believed him.
>[citation needed]
davemech.org/news.html

wolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/267alphastatus_english.pdf

More research and analytical reasoning than you, apparently.

Pseudoscience. Reported and saged.

You can have the most perfect aggressive genes in the world, but if you spend your life locked in a basement being beaten by your parents as your mum whores herself out, you'll end up psycho and retarded.

Similarly, if you have even a modicum of potential and perfect parents, you'll go far.

Granted, the less advantageous your nature the more nurture you will need, and visa versa, and you can only compensate so much.

Further complicated by the fact that the most ambitious people rarely make for good parents. Very often an "alpha" will cancel the effect of his own genes in his offspring, as we see with so many trust fund babies.

Retard. The research on alpha wolves is not related to the sexy son hypothesis. Sexy son hypothesis is related to sexual differences, where semen is very small and low cost to create, while eggs are far more complex and costlier. It has nothing to do with social structures.

Trust fund babies is basically the perfect opportunity for alphas. A society of betas pour their resources into raising the alphas offspring.

But user, Sexy Son is not what either of those articles linked there address.

Heh, I could see how you could create a sorta cycle that way...

Alpha dad is shit dad, leaves behind trust fund beta, trust fund beta manages to breed, said baby rebels against beta dad by being alpha as fuck, and in turn ends up a shit father, rinse, repeat.

Kinda Myers-Briggs/Kardashian level psychology and sociology though, but well, all of this is.

Who cares OP.

Fucking bitches is empty and solely aligning your self worth to a monetary and material based societal values is meek.

The irony in the Alpha Male/Female is that your sense of self is based on what a society expects.

I know, but they referred to alpha wolves in response to my post about alpha males(sexy son, chad).

beta cuck detected

We went from shit threads like "can I become intelligent by working hard?" to even shittier ones like "can I become le alpha by working hard?". How fucking embarrasing.
Look at the low-iq dull type of teenager this shit attracts .

>Will/determination not being genetically predetermined for the most part

Wew lad.

The usual debate is genetic determinism vs environment, but your question is of genetic determinism vs individual's will. Well what a simple problem, when given a question of mass vs volume you fix the other and work with one, that is, you must looks at twins! We don't have to fix nurture, which would be the hardest, and thus we find out interesting things: "study of four pairs of twins found that genetics had a stronger influence on sexual orientation in male twins than in female twins.", that, genes have a varying degree of difficulty presented to the individual. "Environment affected personality when twins were raised apart, but not when they were raised together, the study suggested." and "The Minnesota researchers found that about 70 percent of IQ variation across the twin population was due to genetic differences among people, and 30 percent was due to environmental differences. " suggest that knowing your twin is more relevant than growing in the same environment when expecting twins to be equal, since a 30 percent variance in IQ is not expected except from a big contrasted nurture. If the environment has such an effect on a person, this should be seen as a passive influence that is rooted in the same realm of genes. It is fair to conclude, given the vast competition on Earth, that the status of alpha male in human species is given through sheer determination, and that the status of alpha male in the animal kingdom is given by genetics.

cuck detected

Well it's genetically predisposed by height and looks but upbringing is very important.

The fact of the matter is 'Alpha/beta' paradigm bullshit is only gaining traction and mainstream popularity now because of the late 20th century western obsession with Psychology and feminism. Alot of men born in the 80s and 90s were subject to parenting experiments that haven't set them up to succeed in life.

>The fact of the matter is 'Alpha/beta' paradigm bullshit is only gaining traction and mainstream popularity now because of the late 20th century western obsession with Psychology and feminism.
>[citation needed]

Care to provide your extensive peer reviewed and accepted research proving that genetics are conclusively the primary driver of behaviour and not socialization and/or environment? Whats that? It doesnt exist you say?

>Wew lad.

>Generally speaking, is the status of alpha male in the animal kingdom achieved by mostly being genetically predisposed to it, or is it achieved through one's own sheer determination/work to be at the top?
Both. Veeky Forums tends to oversimplify behavior by reducing it to genetics, whereas left-wingers tend to only regard nurture. No alpha status falls on the lap of those who bear them, specially in a sentient species like ours.

Cuck detected

In most animals its pure genetics, in primates the alpha male can be replaced by another one anytime. Chimps turn against their alpha the moment another one more likable shows up. Sound familiar to you COUGH HUMAN GOVERNMENTS COUGH.

Genetic predisposition, largely. A male with a large frame, robust bone structure, well-developed musculature, etc. is much more likely to be the alpha male than a male who does not possess physical characteristics indicative of high testosterone and growth hormone levels. A smaller-structured, lighter-built man can climb the ladder, but it's a harder and longer climb.

Also, I don't think work/determination are mutually exclusive from physical traits. In other words, the same hormones that have physical effects also have psychological effects -- aggressiveness, combativeness, etc. -- that drive alpha males to the top.

Lulz. In humans, brain capacity is above all else when it comes to alpha males. True alphas are able to manipulate their environment into giving them a lot of offspring, usually through religion, war or politics.

So have we just replaced the word oligarch alpha, got it.

>status of alpha male in the animal kingdom

>animal kingdom

Because all the non-human species follow the exact same rules for establishing social hierarchy (even all of the myriad of non-social species), right?

Even our closest relatives in the "animal kingdom" - chimpanzees, bonobo, orangutans and gorillas all have quite different systems of hierarchy.

Oligarchs are true alphas, cheating the rest of the populace for reciprocal altruism(money)

This is irrelevant. What is relevant, is that in all those species any given individual is likely to have far more maternal ancestors than paternal ancestors.

He literally uses an Adam Ruins Everything as a source. On a science board. Was Veeky Forums always this shit?

One's own sheer determination to be at the top is also defined by genetic factors so..

>alpha male

>I base my beliefs about social systems on a long disproved study on captive wolves that showed abnormal behavior compared to wild wolves

The more everyone keeps saying it's true, the truer it gets. It's annoying and sounds insecure

True to an extent but don't forget about free will. A lot of other complex animals probably have free will.

Free will is an illusion. There is no room for free will in an deterministic universe.

Yeah don't forget about mojo. Genes wouldn't get far without their mojo.