Have any studies ever measured doctor performance by race? if so what do they show?

Have any studies ever measured doctor performance by race? if so what do they show?

Other urls found in this thread:

government.se/49b738/contentassets/6310cf0f5c5049c6b0ee15d1cfc49b74/harry-holzer-the-economic-impact-of-affirmative-action-in-the-us
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jesus whites and asians are terrible

I think such a study would need to distinguish between US-born blacks and blacks from the West Indies / Africa (e.g. Nigerian Ibos).

"measuring" people is exactly what your kind are afraid of. Racism is pseudoscience and only attracts morons, so you oppose judging individuals based on merit. You do anything you can to try to compare average of populations because individually you're all losers.

cool story bro

if you think that people can be measured based on merit then why would you be opposed to acknowledging that black people have a mean IQ of between 85-90 , white people have a mean IQ of 100 and east asian people have a mean IQ of 105 ?

what about pointing out these objective facts makes it impossible to measure the Iq of individuals as well?

Nothing.

So agree with me that niggers are mentally inferior on average compared to whites and asians.

What's the mean IQ of /pol/?

"logically evaluating" datasets is exactly what your kind are afraid of. Equal opportunity is feelgood and only attracts morons, so you bring out statistical outliers based on race. You do anything you can to present the exceptional as the norm because other than the top 5th, maybe 10th percentile, you got nothing.

An asian removed my appendix successfully

You just believe skin color is more important than IQ. We should be judging people individually based on IQ and merit regardless of skin color. Morons like you are just afraid of that.

75-80

Great! So we should get rid of affirmative action, right?

I personally don't care about AA one way or the other. I can see, however, that you really butthurt about it. Even if we got rid of it, it would not benefit you personally in any way. Seeing as you are a /pol/ poster you are not going to get into med school, let alone a decent college regardless. You are just jealous of the success of others.

People like us are all around you.

Morons? Yea I know.

In all seriousness though, here's part of why I am "butthurt". My uncle and his wife are both doctors. They both went to Stanford Medical. He's white, she's Asian. The children are smart as fuck too. All their lives they planned to go to medical school. One child went to Northwestern. The other, Vanderbilt. Both children were dinged from all med schools they applied to. If they had been black they would have not been denied. So yes I am "butthurt" about the fact that they were racially discriminated against.

It's all to do with weak people trying to feel better about themselves by identifying with something that they can point at and say "hey, I'm part of that superior group, so individually I have value." They haven't created their own value yet so they seek to extract it from other means.

>So yes I am "butthurt" about the fact that they were racially discriminated against.
You don't know they were discriminated against, you just think they were because the outcome wasn't what you had hoped for.

t. someone who clearly has made zero effort to understand someone else's point of view

it comes down IMO to backlash against allegations of systemic racism as being the primary cause of the black-white achievement gap.

look at the mcat data you mong, you have to be borderline retarded to be black and get rejected.

>Carson’s SAT college admission test scores ranked him somewhere in the low 90th percentile, which according to him resulted in a Detroit Free Press article "Carson Gets Highest SAT Scores in Twenty Years" of any student in Detroit public schools.[37][38][56][57] He wanted to attend college farther away than his brother who was at the University of Michigan.[58] Carson says he narrowed his college choices to Harvard or Yale, but could only afford the $10 application fee to apply to one of them.[38][59] He said he decided to apply to Yale after seeing a team from Yale defeat a team from Harvard on the G.E. College Bowl television show.[60][61][62][63][64][65] Carson was accepted by Yale and offered a full scholarship covering tuition, room and board.[66][67] Carson graduated with a B.A. in psychology from Yale in 1973 "with a fairly respectable grade point average, although far from the top of the class."[68][69]

>In 1987, Carson was the lead neurosurgeon of a 70-member surgical team that separated conjoined twins, Patrick and Benjamin Binder, who had been joined at the back of the head (craniopagus twins); the separation surgery held promise in part because the twin boys had separate brains.[92] Both boys entered the hospital "giggling and kicking" in preparation for surgery without which the seven-month-old twins would never have been able to crawl, walk, or even turn over.[92] The Johns Hopkins surgical team rehearsed the surgery for weeks, practising on two dolls secured together by Velcro.[92]

I didn't misunderstand you, I just didn't care about what you were saying. I don't care about affirmative action. I think it's stupid. I also think people who group others into "races" and treat people as such are also stupid. I want people judged on merit and I want the notion of race to end. It adds no value to society, science, philosophy, or anything else, in any way conceivable. Literally zero value. Throw some more stats at me. It's all very interesting to me.

I don't disagree. Unfortunately I don't see this happening in my lifetime.

>look at the mcat data you mong
dude your charts say Asians and whites have a better acceptance rate than blacks

The twins died relatively shortly after the procedure - which isn't to say Carson fucked it up, nobody before him even came out with 2 live people after a cut like that, just that perhaps the achievement was on the cusp of being a miracle rather than a genuine, lasting monument to medical science.
Also by the implied lesson behind this post, every middling B.A. psychologist, alongside any black overachievers, should be permitted to operate as a neurosurgeon.

An MCAT score of 21-23 would put you in the 27-37th percentiles. The black admission rate for people with a 21-23 MCAT was 19.7%. For whites, 6%; asians, 3.6%; hispanics, 25.8%. For an MCAT score of 24-26 (43-55th percentile), blacks have an admission rate of 54.7%; whites, 18%; Asians, 11.9%; hispanics, 40%. Similar trends hold across GPA.

So what you're telling me is your asian cousins are pretty dumb for asians and got beat out by some pretty smart for blacks.

Who knows?

Let's say it's 80.
And?
Are you going to admit that the mean IQ of blacks is significantly lower than the mean IQ of whites and east asians?

>Morons like you are just afraid of that.

wrong. this is a strawman. Point out anyone saying something like "black people have a low Iq on average therefore let's assume that every white person is more intelligent than every black person"

you can't.

No one has made any policy suggestions yet, so why are you projecting?
If you want to be rational and you care about the empirical evidence, then why can't you admit the simple fact that blacks have a lower average IQ than whites or east asians?

no, he's shown you evidence that whatever their mcat score and GPA, they would have been much more likely to be accepted for medical school if they had been black than if they had been white or asian.

The fact that you're being so blatantly intellectually dishonest indicates that you know that you're wrong but don't want to admit it .

There was a study done by the Boston Federal Reserve about the affects of affirmative action on employee performance, i.e. asking do workers with worse qualifications end up being worse employees? And the answer was no, there were no significant differences between workers that were very qualified for their jobs and those that weren't at all

That's funny, because qualification correlates with IQ and IQ correlates with job performance.

Fucking this. People are too retarded and/or scared to just admit,fucking admit facts nowadays. Don't have irrational hate for niggers myself,but objectively on productivity and IQ alone, they are quite possibly the worst race on Earth.

>let's ask and take their word for it
Real great study that you didn't even link there, idiot.

I had the wrong source.
government.se/49b738/contentassets/6310cf0f5c5049c6b0ee15d1cfc49b74/harry-holzer-the-economic-impact-of-affirmative-action-in-the-us
The useful verbage in the abstract: "Minorities who benefit from affirmative action often have
weaker credentials, but there is fairly little solid evidence that their labor
market performance is weaker"

>SWEDISH ECONOMIC POLICY REVIEW
>Harry J. Holzer is Professor of Public Policy at Georgetown University and a Visiting Fellow
at the Urban Institute in Washington, D.C.

>3.1 GPA
>Deserving to go to medical school

That's literally just B's with a couple A's here and there. I thought getting into medical school was supposed to be difficult?

see with a 3.1 and a 31 MCAT, blacks have an acceptance rate of 76%
sucks if you're white though, then your acceptance rate drops to 28% :(

Ben Carson is literally a liberal wet dream and in no way representative of the blacks at all lmao

p.s. if you are hispanic your acceptance rate would be 49% and if you were asian it would be 18%

now apologize for your privilege

Keep dreaming, american. Even if you are right on your nation, others can take its place. It wouldn't be the first time an empire falls.

despite gpa differences, career progression is the same for all races, and graduation rates are very similar for all races in the medical profession. stop being alarmist pls

blacks are ugly and i don't want one as a doctor

nice rebuttal, back to /pol/

I don't use /pol/, I just wanted to see how you would react to actual racism lmao

That's not racism, that's bait.

Racism would be the oppinion the average spaniard has about gypsies. Or the average french.

t. gypsy

le exception is the norm face

>race doesn't matter and we should stop talking about it
>but we'll discriminate on employment and education opportunities based on race because there's not enough blacks/hispanics that are good enough to achieve equal outcome in % of population compared to Whites and Asians
I wonder why there's pushback

t. progressive left

all this is doing is making the asians work harder and then smarter in the long run. you can try to weed them out but you will never succeed.