Reading novels for the plot

>reading novels for the plot
is there ANYTHING more plebeian than that?

truly, there's little else

For the prose

reading novels for virtue-signalling purposes

Not reading at all

>not caring deeply about every aspect of the novel you're reading

You're the real pleb

>reading for plot
>reading for prose
never gonna make it

Watching movies for the plot, both are shit but at least books have more space to expand that plot.

posting about it

It's only pleb if you do it wrong. Read pic related on how to do it right.

I want to fuck this russian cutie

should i read pic related for its plot?

>is there ANYTHING more plebeian than that?
not reading for the plot, definitely

This. All the aspects must be well done and work together

>prosefag detected

I don't give a shit if there's a retarded loophole in the plot, fuck off back to /fantasy/ and /tv/

You can have it.

>you don't care about massive aspects of thr novels you're reading because you know lots of people read only for the plot

Imlove when contrarianism makes you worse than the unwashed masses. Enjoy your stunted ability of judging novels.

>reading novels just so you can say you've read them

>because you know lots of people read only for the plot
>assuming shit to fit your narrative and then criticising that
>textbook strawman

kys

Ukrainian actually

>fuck off back to /fantasy/ and /tv/

You were strawmanning, I just pointed it out.

No surprise that you have no idea what strawman means

This is clearly a strawman , you fucking retard

>not caring about the plot
>not understanding it is a fundamental part of the text

Keks were had that day.

you either dont know whats a strawman or you dont understand my post, or more likely both

Someone tells you that the plot is part of the novel, therefore it should not be disregarded.
This is your (retarded) response:

>I don't give a shit if there's a retarded loophole in the plot, fuck off back to /fantasy/ and /tv/

As you can see you haven't mentioned our response, and you implied narrative standards with which we may not agree.
You took our opinion, discarded it and replaced with a dumber one. This is a strawman.

doing it expecting any kind of intellectual growth

you said i should "care deeply" about *every* aspect of what i'm reading, i gave you an example of an aspect that i don't care about, and i directed you to a community that seems to care very deeply about this aspect. aspect which is a subset of "every aspect", thus a position you implicitly advanced

>reading novels

take a load of this hothead

plot is the primary component of novels, if you don't realize this you are the pleb. prose is a tool, and it can be used beautifully, but the way characters develop and react to changing circumstances is far more important and insightful.

>t. pleb master

well what the fuck am i supposed to be reading for ?

for """""""""""""pleasure""""""""""""""""""

t. the collective dishonesty of Veeky Forums

>i gave you an example of an aspect that i don't care abou
Giving no argument for this opinion. Should I care about your istincts and gut feelings?

>and i directed you to a community that seems to care very deeply about this aspect
You directed me to a community which care only for this aspect, which is not what I'm advocating for.

>thus a position you implicitly advanced
What part of "you should care deeply about EVERY aspect of the novel you're reading" implies that the plot is the only thing that matters?

See? It was a strawman all along. I said something, you dumbed it down and then attacked this made up argument, instead of attacking what I said.

>Giving no argument for this opinion. Should I care about your istincts and gut feelings?
how is this relevant to the discussion? i don't care what you care about, and i never intended to bring any arguments

>You directed me to a community which care only for this aspect, which is not what I'm advocating for.
no one ever said that's what you advocated for. i simply don't want your kind here, the kind who thinks having a loophole is important at all

>What part of "you should care deeply about EVERY aspect of the novel you're reading" implies that the plot is the only thing that matters?
no part, and no part of my response does that either. it's just your imagination, poor reading comprehension, exaggerated defensiveness, insecurities or lack of intelligence

>See? It was a strawman all along.
there is no strawman outside of your post that i pointed out previously