Does this board even have any ivy league/top level users? What college did you guys go to?

Does this board even have any ivy league/top level users? What college did you guys go to?

I went to a decent but unremarkable state school after turning down a top four in what I wanted to study (cs) over cost. Graduated cum laude while doing research. My work is under review in a journal.

Didn't get into any ivies, but I got interviewed in those I applied to.

inb4 meme degree: some of my classes were dumb, but I minored in math and also took graduate-level courses where I had to use eg category theory and fixed-point theorems.

I did well, but I know I'm not world class.

I feel like this thread defeats the entire purpose of this board, which is bullshitting about your IQ and taking cheap shots at mathematically immature students.

who here /actually smart/?

I am a brainlet. Can I get 3.9 gpa in CS?

1. ivy leagues are not really top level in stem, at least not like half of them. MIT, Caltech, CMU, etc are better than Brown, Yale, Dartmouth, etc
2. it's really only your advisor/lab that matters (you are a PhD student right? not an undergrad pleb?)
3. even the top STEM schools cannot afford to be top tier in every specialization, so depending on your specialization the top school may very well be a lower ranked school

Went to a R1 midwest state school known more for football (shit this year) with a mediocre EE program for undergrad as it was cheap on scholarship and didnt expect to do more than a BS anyways. Got into Princeton and Cornell for PhD and Princeton was my second choice, but another top school better for EE was too good to pass up.

>does this board even have wealthy parents or notable last names
holy shit
every day
Veeky Forums
gets more
and more
pathetic

>he has to go to university to get money/career
>he wasn't born into immeasurable wealth and power
lol what a pleb

what is the minimum IQ to not be a brainlet?

I went to a community college.

>muh university is just status
See you whenever you make a development in some field then mate

Same, most of my education is self study, and I chat with people around the world on an IRC group or forum to learn new concepts. I'm going to university, but not really for education; but more for some meme degree for some shit job.

Anyone who takes IQ seriously is a "brainlet". One argument that destroys the validity of the IQ test is that the test must be created by someone of maximum intelligence for it to mean anything. It's a money making scam.

This. Its really impossible to measure intelligence. That's why its slowly becoming a thing of the past.

>mocks pissing contest
>continues pissing contest

but its been one of the most, if not the most important breakthroughs in psychology since 1910.

It does nothing but try to quantify the unquantifiable.

What ever happens to those savant kids who are tested with extremely high IQs? Have they cured cancer? Or do they just fade away into obscurity?

UChicago cuck reporting in, wishing I had gone to an ivy league with grade inflation instead of this hellish school with literal grade deflation

someone's mad they didn't get into Harvard

harvard is not good at ECE

((("""ECE""")))

>One argument that destroys the validity of the IQ test is that the test must be created by someone of maximum intelligence for it to mean anything.
Presumably because they would need to be able to create very difficult questions only other similarly intelligent people could answer? No. That's like saying judges at the Olympic Games need to be able to perform better than the contestants in order to be able to judge them. I don't buy into IQ much but your argument seems silly.

fucking pleb

ok then is anyone here in top STEM schools

I graduated from Rock Island Prison with an advanced degree in recidivism.