Finished the Bible, is the sequel worth reading?

Finished the Bible, is the sequel worth reading?

There are no sequels to the Bible, only fanfics.

No. Joseph Smith was a fraud.

Do recommend reading The Bible? I'm not religious at all.

yes

The sequel is the Quran. This is the spinoff.

you posted the wrong picture, this is the sequel

Whoa... did aliens write that?

Yep. It's pretty /x/ tier, but since I have it I can assure you that is brilliant

Cool. ty. Just bought on Kindle.

Whoa, fulmineous! You're welcome

Read the prequel, its better

Some parts of it are cool. Esther is relatively short and not particularly religious, maybe start with that.

NRSV is a good modern translation.

Is this legit you guys? Epub worth??

Old Testament = Raiders of the Lost Ark
New Testament = Temple of Doom
Qur'an = Last Crusade
Book of Mormon = Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I'm planning on reading Pentateuch, Books of Wisdom, and the whole New Testament. Is this enough for a good rundown of the Bible? Anything I should add or drop?

But the Temple of Doom was the weakest part of the original trilogy and Last Crusade the best, so your post confuses me.

Make sure you read Kings and Samuel. I'm unsure if those are included in the Books of Wisdom. You can honestly skip Leviticus.

Implying this isn't the actual sequel?

And then there is this one as well!

>muh Oprah's Guru!

>le magical underpants meme religion
No.

see

I second the guy saying to skip Leviticus, it'll bore the pants off you. I also recommend the books of Samuel and Kings, they include a lot of important stories and you'll understand jewish ideas about the Temple and kingship better, which are necessary to properly understand the gospels.

I think just Job and Ecclesiates are good enough for the wisdom books, maybe Proverbs too. I don't think you need to read through psalms if you just want a rundown, it's a collection of prayers and songs (150 of them!) rather than core theology. Maybe look at some "favorite psalms" lists and just read those. Songs of Songs/Solomon is saucy but not particularly important to Christian belief.

As for the New Testament, the gospels, Revelation, and the 7 genuine Pauline epistles are probably good enough, but do read the rest of the epistles if you're interested.

The ones that are definitely genuine Paul are:
>Romans
>1 Corinthians
>2 Corinthians
>Galatians
>Philippians
>1 Thessalonians
>Philemon