Dividing by zero is undefi

dividing by zero is undefi...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removable_singularityhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removable_singularity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removable_singularity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

[math]\frac{\sin(0)}{0} = \frac{0}{0} = 1[/math]

sin(0) / 0 isn't 1 you asshole freshman

au contraire, my sophomore acquaintance

>hurr
pic related, sin(x)/x^2

1/0 = ±∞

2 * 0/1 = 0
0/1 = 0/2
x/1 = x/2
1 = 2

x/1=x/2
2x=1x
1x=0

This is how division works:
6 / 2 == 6 - 2 untill R = 0
6 - 2 = 4 - 2 = 2 - 2 = 0
1 + 1 + 1 = 3
therefore 6/2 = 3

Now lets try with 0
6/0 = 6 - 0 = 6 - 0 = 6 - 0 = 6 - 0 = 6 - 0 = 6 - 0...
It doesn't go anywhere, it will keep repeating the same fucking formula for all of time because nothing will change. That is why x/0 is undefined. Not because it equals anything, but because it doesn't go anywhere.

This is elementary math, in other words all the tards in this thread who thought otherwise are brainlets.

It goes to positive infinity.

so this... is the power... of CS

Lmao

>∞
>infinity

Okay. It goes to your mom's mass.

n + 0 + 0 = n = n + 0 = n + 0 = n + 0 = n + 0...
It doesn't go anywhere, it will keep repeating the same fucking formula for all of time because nothing will change. That is why n + 0 + 0 is undefined. Not because it equals anything, but because it doesn't go anywhere.

Wheel theory

sin(0) / 0 approaches 1, it doesn't equal 1. Go back to precalc.

positive series aren't the same shit as negative series
go back to discrete maths

Everyone point and laugh at this idiot

It does go to infinity though

n - 0 - 0 = n - 0 = n - 0 = n - 0 = n -0 = n - 0...
It doesn't go anywhere, it will keep repeating the same fucking formula for all of time because nothing will change. That is why n - 0 - 0 is undefined. Not because it equals anything, but because it doesn't go anywhere.

This is bait, right? sinc(x=0) is exactly one. Expand (knowing that the quotient sin(x)/x exists at x=0), sin(x) in a Taylor series, and evaluate the series/x at x=0.

>"infinity"

No, it's an infinitesimal value which approaches [math]1 \in \mathbb{N}[/math].

When you define what a division is, one of the things you say is that the second number can't be 0, that's why division properties have no sense with the 0.

What if we redefine it using complex infinitesimals? Then it actually makes sense and in some (non-standard) models of PA we can even show 0 = 1/0 = 1.

>using reflexivity of equality is a "series"
>discrete maths
You should be in an engineering thread.

ex falso quodlibet

Need not hold in every logic.

WHAT'S THE MISTAKE IN OP'S EQUATION?

I need to know this so I can sleep and I'm too brainlet to find it myself

I am pretty sure it should pass exactly through one. Could you provide further insight into this? I am currently lost where the infinitesimal separation from 1at x=0 would arise from.

>dividing by zero is undefi...

yes. but as free person with own will you can just define it.

x/0=Error

helpfull ?

Did i just get my own copy-pasta?

It follows trivially from [math]\mathbb{N}[/math] with the subspace topology (considered as a subset of the hyperreals) being the (unique up to weak homotopy equivalence) infinitesimal separator object in the [math](\infty,1)[/math]-topos [math]\infty\mathbf{Grpd}[/math]. A special case of this means that if any value of sinc approaches [math][x,1] \in \mathbb{N}[/math] where [math]x[/math] is a suitable infinitesimal, then it cannot pass it. I don't know of an analytic proof of this though.

>Error
haven't heard of this number before.

>subspace topology
>hyperreals
>weak homotopy equivalence
>infinitesimal separator object
>[math] (∞,1)(∞,1) -topos ∞Grpd [/math]
wtf does this even mean?

x/1=x/2
2x=5x+3
x=157

sin(x)/x is really just [math] 1 - \frac{x^2}{3!} + \frac{x^4}{5!} - \frac{x^6}{7!} + \cdots [/math] .
There's no division by 0.

This guy is correct.

This guy is retarded.

The cancelation property you use to reduce x^p/x=x^(p-1) is only valid for x not equal to 0

eh... not really
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removable_singularityhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removable_singularity

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removable_singularity
>literally
>take f, which is undefined at x0, and create a function g which overlaps everywhere except x0 such that it fits
It's not the same
It's not sinx/x anymore, it's another function which overlaps with sinx/x on its domain and is defined at 0

>it's another function
it's simply autistic to consider them different.

Half of this is undergrad level stuff, the other half is easy to find on google.

>it's simply autistic to consider them different
And yet they are different.

>what is a limit
You fucking retards are going to break calculus, shut the fuck up, I need it

>limit
>⋯

>I need it
>frogposter and an engineer
Die, degenerate.

>math and physics double major
Nice try though
Better insult would've been "Undergrad faggot"

>implying calculus is important

>physics
That's the same if not worse, a true mathematics major wouldn't waste much time on such garbage.

1/0 = 0
0 = infinity

prove me wrong

0 = all numbers

>1/0=0
nigga what

>"infinity"
>"all numbers"

>what
don't worry, brainlets won't comprehend.