Even if man-made climate change is real couldn't we just ignore it and let technology fix it?

Even if man-made climate change is real couldn't we just ignore it and let technology fix it?

I mean why stagnate innovation and economic prosperity with global draconian regulations just to be green?

If we have to sacrifice the planet to go out and become a space-faring civilization isn't that worth it?

Is global communism really preferable to galactic capitalism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x26a-ztpQs8?t=39m
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Protocol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigerant#Environmental_issues
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

What are you proposing exactly? How shoud Technology fix it, if everybody ignores the Problem? Technology doesn't appear out of thin air, you know.

Provided no catastrophic events harm humanity in the future we still wont see galactic civilizations for centuries. The earth could get seriously fucked in that time.

Ya but with enough money those needed to keep the system going can easily survive

>with enough money
What money? And why waste money when it's possible to minimize the damage by putting restrictions on people who run amok and absorbing resources to the point it's very scarce or cannot be renewed anymore

The warming won't progress linearly, idiot.
At 2C the warming will sustain itself without people.
At the current rate this will happen around 2030.

No. There are things that technology won't be able to fix.

>no catastrophic events harm humanity in the future
>the earth could get seriously fucked

It's already happening with the increase in extreme weather.

shut up skull-user

>build solar shade at the lagrange point
>design it to block infrared and have it be adjustable
>block however much infrared radiation we need to keep global temperatures how we want them

done, it will buy us a century or two, and allow us time to develop better technologies that are more efficient and don't fuck our shit up with their inefficiency and waste

Ignore it... Let technology fix it.

That's a direct contradiction, moron.
We can't fix it by creating technology that will fix it by ignoring it, and letting technology that doesn't exist fix it.

Idiot. The atmosphere blocks IR already, that's why the whole greenhouse effect happens. We're getting visible light from the Sun and it turns into IR at the surface.

youtu.be/x26a-ztpQs8?t=39m

But muh solar power

There is a middle ground to take. It's not like you just have to either ignore the environment and destroy the planet or suppress humanity back into the biological old regime

>Can't I just cross my fingers and hope that someone will be able to magically fix this shit somehow without any sacrifice on my part?
No.

I don't know man, that ozone layer hole everyone was moaning about in the 90s fixed itself 10 years after everyone just shut up and forgot about it.

just move into more northern and higher altitude places

>that ozone layer hole everyone was moaning about in the 90s fixed itself 10 years after everyone just shut up and forgot about it.
I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

>forgot about it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Protocol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigerant#Environmental_issues

well, thats it boys, steven was right, we got less than 100 years, probably much less than that.

its been a good run boys, when the climate famine apocalypse happens ill just an hero

>Is global communism really preferable to galactic capitalism?
Actually yes

galactic capitalism is only preferable as soon as space economy is started.

ITT: People ok with technology being stifled and rights being infringed upon for "muh planet"

>GHG emissions are more expensive = technology being stifled and rights being infringed upon
Alarmist nut job.

What the fuck did you even think you were going to achieve with this thread holy shit you're a special kind of faggot

They are already trying to use technology to fix it (solar, electric cars), and laws that would really hurt the economy aren't in place yet (carbon taxes, banning non-electric cars). The only problem with current methods imo is that they don't focus enough on nuclear & fusion. What tech do you think they should use to fix climate change in the future?

In Texas, they don't believe in global warming or climate change or man-made weather events.

It's perfectly normal there.

GOD HATES TEXAS - CUS PRAY TO GAWD 4 RAIN & 4 RAIN TO END

There's a town in Texas that uses 100% renewable energy