>tripfag
>is a dumbass

Gee, color me surprised.

I'm just know learning math stuff that it should be learned when you are like 6
El inmortal by Borges, go read it now if you haven't

KHV
Leopards in the Temple

>25
>I pluck the hairs on my nutsack and genital area as a form of meditation, my balls are as smooth as eggs and I am an enlightened being
>Big Red Son by David Foster Wallace

i almost got beat up by a drug dealer

The Last Question

>22
>don't like to kill insects because I feel bad for them
>The Threefold Destiny by Nathaniel Hawthorne

I've been meaning to read Borges for a while, I'll get right on it.

You two should get married

>21
>no thanks
>On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning

>19
> I've met the current Prime Minister of Japan
> White Nights

I have a messiah complex
Fantastic Night by Stefan Zweig

i share needles and have unprotected sex
Gusev by Chekov

What was it like?

>22
>tfw no Jewish gf
>The Bucket Rider

Nervewracking

More interesting-
I was at a buffet with his wife the day before and she put some wasabi on my plate for me when my hands were full.

>19
>I can beat bloodborne in under 2 hours
>the swimmer

>24,
>i can bounce a soccer ball on my knees for like 200 repetitions before dropping it,
>The Death of Ivan Ilyich

I was once arrested for being too drunk.
The Pedersen Kid, but a recent favourite would be Game by Barthelme

>23
>I'm distantly related to Spanish nobility
>The Penal Colony

what do you do that you had such an opportunity?

>i share needles and have unprotected sex

>25
>i'm the only grenadian to ever post on Veeky Forums
> The House of Asterion

I was a male model when I was 19 working in Paris is I guess the k ly interesting thing I've ever done.
Armageddon in retrospect

I beat the sudoku world record a couple days ago by accident
Good Old Neon I guess

a good resume and a well timed application

and I also only post on Veeky Forums to get sick digits. I'm one of those guys that loves numbers and space who can tell you about telescopes, factoring tricks and board games but knows nothing really.

You are a loser.

What is it like living in there? A quick wikipedia search shows some beautiful coastal cities.

I'm also not being entirely sincere. Surprise!

In my master's for opera performance
Bartleby, the Scrivener

Its the truth

Stop with the needles, man, i am serious.

The exact same situation here :)

I have a dog that, just like the Great Wall of China, cannot actually be seen from space
The Library of Babel, by Borges

More of a blog post 2bh:
The christmas before the last one I was drunk and tried to force myself on a female friend of mine, I started manhandling her but she was putting up a fight. There were two more people with us in the room and the whole thing was very embarrassing. After maybe 15 seconds of struggle, I gave up, smoked a cigarette then left. As I was leaving I heard them burst into laughter. A year later, so that would be around this last christmas, I purposely got together with that girl's sister just to spite her. My plan was to make her love me and then break up with her in order to inflict pain upon their family. But now, 4 months later, she did fall in love with me and I grew fond of her, I don't know how the hell I should break it up. She even said her sister (who I almost raped) said I was a good guy and how glad she was her sister found someone decent.

A Place And A Time To Die by JG Ballard

I was offered an internship at the smithsonian at the age of 13.
Either I have no mouth and i must scream or The children's story.

>I don't know how the hell I should break it up
Easy, show her the same thing you just wrote there

El Inmortal is a little dense, maybe read a couple of his shorter stories first, like la biblioteca de babel
Borges is one of the reasons why I'm learning math, also because it is needed to get any above minimum pay wagecuck job

That's out of the question, that way I would reveal myself as a scheming psychopath. I will break up with her and say it's because I found someone else, which is actually true.
No one but Veeky Forums will ever know about this.

Well ok

Tell her you post on Veeky Forums

>18
>I've gone to the national level in trivia competition
>Library of Babel

Schizophrenic
The Willows by Blackwood
The Circular Ruins by Borges

My 8th grade science teacher got me an internship at a high magnetics laboratory at the age of 14, my mother wouldnt let me do it, so I spent the following year drinking heavily and doing various drugs. After all of that was over I found I couldnt perform well in math and science anymore. So I got into literature.
And Cathedral by Carver off the top of my head.

>That's out of the question, that way I would reveal myself as a scheming psychopath. I will break up with her and say it's because I found someone else, which is actually true.
It's sort of disgusting that you come here and say you don't know what to do, after you already know what you're going to do and after you've fucking found someone else already.
I'd call you despicable, but you'd probably cum all over your monitor.

Is it NAQT/quizbowl or is it some solo thing?

Is this the typical mentality of the modern human male? Tolstoi's dusty remains would coalesce into corporeal form with the sole end of vomiting in your mouth while you slept.

Seriously, that's fucking awful, and you're never going to be happy if you keep this shit up.

i'm bored of reading
the long goodnight of violet wild

lol

>I'd call you despicable, but you'd probably cum all over your monitor.
Well don't leave me edging like that
I don't think it's typical.
>Seriously, that's fucking awful, and you're never going to be happy if you keep this shit up.
Yeah, I know it's awful. But I don't feel unhappy because of it. I'll break it up one of these days, though.

>thinks people can't thrive through others' unhappiness
How naïve are you? Were you born yesterday?

If you have empathy, and you're subjecting yourself to a social situation, you're not going to be "happy" with an outcome that harms others (i.e. makes you feel guilty). If you don't have empathy, or you've denied your empathy to the point of stunting it, you'll probably have a response like Obviously, if you're fucking building a bike or anything that requires solitude and concentration, and someone comes up to you all "What the fuck, that's such an ugly bike, oh my God what's wrong with you," and starts to cry, you'll be like, "what the fuck does this even have to do with you, fuck off," because you did not voluntarily subject yourself to a social situation.

>25
>I can juggle a football for more than minutes
>A good man is hard to find

>24
>I'm the only one in the family who failed college
>haven't read many short stories, only thing I can come up with is that one O. Henry story about the guy who wants to change his life but ends up being a bum and getting sent back to prison

>26
>I have no discernible talent
>Human moments in World War III

Sucked a dick in highschool. Made me realize how gay I am not.

The one about a lady who kills her husband with a lab leg and serves it to the detectives who investigate her

Why did you suck it?

been arrested thrice

herman: the game warden & the death of a craft by laszlo krasznahorkai

This thread would make an interesting anthology where every poster would write his own story based on the "factoid". Better than whatever trash shitposting novel Veeky Forums is working on atm anyway

He promised to suck mine after

Have you seriously never been really horny? And be unfortunate enough to have access to sucking a dick at such time?

>19
>i still suck my thumb
>hills like white elephants

>>hills like white elephants
that shit sucks

pleb

>white nights

>bartleby the scrivener

my nigga

my ideas are better than yours and you can't stop me haha!

My son will be 3 in June :)
Bananafish by Salinger

I'm literally a lexical genius
Poems of Gerard Hopkins

>The Wavemaker Falters
toppest of tiers

>Walter Mitty
high tier story, with a fucking incredible ending

>El Inmortal
I'm partial to Tlon but still an excellent choice

>Leopards in the Temple
damn why have I never read Franny K

>Big Red Son
not a short story/10

>19

>I stopped taking my antipsychotic medication of 6 months 4 weeks ago and my life has improved dramatically.

>The Journal of Albion Moonlight
>The Letter Killers Club

How long have you been a schizo? How has it affected your life? How does it manifest? When did you realize you're a schizo? Have you been interned?

>19
>only starting reading literature because I decided that only liking anime is like only liking shitty action films, and in order to impress a girl. Now literature is my main interest, the girl is gone and I still miss her, and my weeb friends dislike me. But at least Im happier now. Oh wait, no im not.
>The dead.

>20
>I have absolute pitch
>the garden of Forking Paths

>19
>"addicted" to diet coke
>Heart of the Park

>20
>one of my thumbs is way fatter and smaller than the other
>How much land does a man need

>26
>I recognize people by their smiles
>I actually avoid short stories for some reason and the only one I've read was The Smallest Dragonboy (I love Anne McCaffrey)

Its a good idea actually

Kek

i wouldn't have expected borges to make the most appearances of any author on here.

I watched a movie
Popeyes chicken is the best
Little nicky bitch

What? Have you ever been to Veeky Forums?

>I recognize people by their smiles

This makes no sense man. How can you avoid recognizing them by their face prior to that?

What the fuck man.

Well, it depends. A lot of people have faces similar to other people's faces. I suppose I can recognize them that way (I don't have face blindness or anything like that), but I get easily confused, especially if they look different than they usually do- wearing glasses, costume, or even their hair just in a different style. This happens most often with actors.

But when a person smiles, their face moves in a very specific way. The way a face looks when it's smiling is unique, so I recognize a person best like that.

Imagine if you thought for ten second before posting this. You'd probably come to what it means.

I would look down on anyone who found anything about my life interesting.
The Overcoat

>trying to impress someone by consuming something
Create something instead, you irredeemable faggot.

Times have changed user. The reason people start things is less important than the reasons they continue with them. Honestly your response makes you seem like an insufferable cunt trying to impress the other insufferable cunts who browse here. There is a gap between the actual critical nature of some people on Veeky Forums, and the ignorant and cruel nature of the other shitters here. Unfortunately you seem to be one of the latter. And never assume that if people mock their past selves that the things they mock are still characteristics that they have.

>20
>speak Persian (despite being white British), have taught Kurdish to YPG volunteers
>The Circular Ruins by Borges/A Hunger Artist by Kafka

>19 years old.
>147 I.Q / Colorblind.
>Funes the Memorious.

Reach for the Top, a Canadian thing.
I've wanted to try quizbowl, but it's not popular on the West Coast (neither in the States or in Canada).

>Colorblind
How much

>big red son
>not a story

fucking idiot

>Have you seriously never been really horny?
Yeah I have, I'm not a faggot though

>27
>currently doing freelance work for a film festival
>The Balloon by Barthelme

Well, it wasn't going to suck itself now.

>76

>Witnessed a man get decapitated in Vietnam

>The Catcher in the Rye

>21
>I accidentally smuggled firearms across the Canadian border once
>The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (it makes me really sad though, so I don't read it all that much)