Post your shelf

Messy edition.

Bonus pic: Hawaiian guys chewing the scenery.

Clean up your fucking shelves user.

My messy shelf

>Will Durant
>Books in front of books

PS What book should I read guys? Got a few more in another pile as well.

Pleb general? Everything here belongs in the trash

The good thing about shelf threads is you don't feel bad about buying and never reading a bunch of books.

Moving in six months so no point in getting a bookshelf.

what's wrong with books in front of books? my shelves are deep and wide! books i've read or have no interest in reading at the moment still have a place that isn't a cardboard box by the door.

also durant is outdated but he's mostly still there because as an arbiter of civilization he is unapologetically Western.

>that NYT mug
>that bloom
>sartre
>eco
>WSJ
>jared diamond
>no shelf

typical commie.

just kidding. nice mess. i appreciate your citified aesthetic. where are you moving from/to?

Christ what a messy load of shit that is, not enough books for one, too many crap books on the same subject for two, and all unread for three.

How are those Renaissance books. I'm a huge fan, can you recommend me one of those books so I can take their ideas apply them here in Gainesville, Florida por favor???

You have petronius and that alone redeems your shelf. Greetings fellow homosexual.

1/3

>missing
Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky
Freedom by Franzen
Glass Bead Game by Hesse
Stories of Five Decades by Hesse

>missing
Confederacy of Dunces by Toole
Moby Dick by Melville
Pale King by DFW
Watchmen by Moore
Inherent Vice by Pynchon

on and 1/3 is missing the Aeneid

forgive me

1/3

2/3

3/3

Veeky Forums by numbers, truly uninspired

g-gotta start somewhere

>Irrelevant
>Irreverent
>Meme

Butthurt

rate my pile

dang those are some sad shelves user

how was libra?

>fuck shelves, make books
still, kinda hard to find things innit?

i dig your shrine

It's really good. If anyone else read it, check out the public burning. You will like that.

>mattress on the floor
>those pictures on the wall
>empty shelves with books all over floor

i have a couple questions

not pictured: a bunch of anthologies and design books

nice poetics of space, need to get a hard copy of that

wachu wanna know mang

I vsnt read the spines.

sorry my camera is shit
could take closeups of the individual shelves if you're interested

imo if you've really read all that shit then you should be a proper successful author by now so like idk you wouldn't be on Veeky Forums fishy something denmark

i don't think that's how it works

I do think that's how it works
>HAS FAMOUS AUTHOR X EVER VISITED Veeky Forums LOLOLOLOL IDK MAN

no they havent because they're too busy being fucking passionate about their life to bother seeking validation from anonymous faggots

what are you doing here then

I am interested

You dont need to be a genius to read geniuses, and reading geniuses doesnt confer genius upon you

deliberately wasting time in order to ween myself off of my internet addiction... by proving how little any of this really contributes to what i want my life to become

it's not a pretty thing but that's what i'm doing

it's transitional, I'm not one of you hopeless fucks

i wish you the best of luck

nice, coherent thought

thank you kind stranger

>seeking validation from anonymous faggots
This seems like a projection. I've never thought this was the impetus for coming here. I rarely get that vibe from anyone.
Stop being so serious lad.

>Stop being so serious lad
I wouldnt mind hearing that from an enlightened person but hearing it from anyone else turns my face to stone

K, stop being a fucking retard then, you're embarrassing yourself.

my kinda user
10/10 do you boo

R8/ h8/ proclaim as b8.
Missing one or two books but this is about it.

p good

Don't tell me how I feel, that's "projection" isn't it

far from embarrassment, righteous indignation mixed with self-shame insofar as i cannot drunkenly dictate with clarity what i really mean

May I ask, how did you feel about Ovid? Did you learn anything? What was felt?

If you mean the Durant, consider that they are basically an encyclopedia written in the mid-20th century by a lone white guy. My favorite, The Life of Greece, is obscured by the chopsticks. Like the Emerson in the center of that shelf, they are comfy to read and meditate with. I bought them at a second hand bookstore in Hawaii, then took them to the mid-Atlantic, and now they're in Texas. I mostly keep them around only for nostalgic value or if I have a question while reading a primary source.

I don't know how they would benefit you in Gainesville, Florida more than they would anywhere else.

If you mean the portable Viking, it's alright. Those readers are collections of random ephemera from the ages: private correspondence, obituaries, essays, etc. Mostly browsed to inspire false documents. Except the enlightment reader, which is a legit collection of philosophia.

>Placing useless bullshit before your books

>I'm not one of you hopeless fucks
;^)

CaseInPoint

fix your potato and ill tell you
you might be me. are you half way through infinite jest? i am

>tfw no shelf so leave them all over the window sills

I hope you like my shelf desu

>catch 22
ive been on the edge of reading this for a while. how long did it take you?

at least wedge them into a tower in a corner, jfc have some pride

About a month, but this was 18 months ago when I barely read at all. I was a slow reader, but it kept me entertained. I highly recommend, even for the keks. I didn't find it as sad as others did (some nu males cried reading it at my school) but I'm probably an autist or sociopath.

I'm thinking about picking up 2666, It'll be my first Bolano. How is the prose?

Excellent

Okay do you even have electricity???

that building is freaking me out

But potato is all I has. This is PEI.

do you have megalophobia?

2666 is a masterpiece; although I recommend starting Bolaño like this: Putas asesinas or Llamadas telefónicas (to get acquainted, optional though), Los Detectives Salvajes, Amuleto, (here you could add optionally Nocturno de Chile), 2666.
Estrella distante is great too, read it any time.