How would Veeky Forums put a stop to these things?

Well?
youtube.com/watch?v=9CO6M2HsoIA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2WBG2rJZGW8?t=189
digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/us-air-force-confirms-boeings-electromagnetic-pulse-weapon/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suter_(computer_program)
digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/athena-laser-drone/
youtube.com/watch?v=M2IebCN9Ht4
youtu.be/66ZwuNoNgx4
youtube.com/watch?v=gi9NJBOWHuo
youtube.com/watch?v=P9yruQM1ggc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is actually pretty realistic. Bonus points for Stewart Russell.

Spray a mist of quick hardening(or viscous) glue to gum up the props. Also put some black dye in it to take out the cameras. There actually used to be a way to disable the abrams tank by detonating a bomb that sprayed graphite powder everywhere preventing the tank operator from seeing. Perhaps something similar can be done here?

While one might opt for an EMP, that may not be very effective given how small they are and all the collateral damage that would cause. Lasers are also an expensive option.

Put on a mask?

>Dress up like Muslim
>Invincible

>Slaughterbots released in UK attack
>None were injured

A sotgun would be fairly effective

>How would Veeky Forums put a stop to these things?
youtu.be/2WBG2rJZGW8?t=189

bullet proof helmet and vest

I don't know how I'd stop it, but I do know that after I figured it out I would for sure hook it up to ransomware so that would be victims have 30 seconds to wire me 50% of the average annual income for their given demographic.

everyone wears ski mask .

air strike the factories ?

jam the shit out of the frequencies they use .also it kinda rips off the black mirror ep .
also you'd usually be safe unless you're retarded or something and have your pictures \ real name online somewhere .

>big, cumbersome hummingbird-sized bots with explosives
>not mosquito- or lice-sized, with nerve gas venom

To answer OP's question, you don't stop them. The future is filled with a lot of well-behaved individuals of the Islamic persuasion.

>it is programmed to kill anyone wearing a mask, who it assumes is a robber

Nobody cared who I was till I put on the mask.

They may not use any frequency at all. After being programed and released, if they can't phone home they will just carry out their programming as best as they can.

Same tech we'd use to stop missiles, presumably, but miniaturized to minimize collateral damage.

Some sort of chaff was the first thing I thought of too because my experience with drones usually has focused on their buzzing and how it freaks me out a little.

EMP or a big ol' magnet might actually be the way to go though. There could be tech to focus magnets on specific targets that the military could develop. I don't know though because I don't know how they work...

Lasers are also a good option since they're the obvious tech being researched to intercept missiles. However, there would be too much collateral damage in a civilian setting, I would assume, more so than EMP/magnets. I much rather have my smartphone fried than be zapped by a magnets.

But really, if these drones are primarily going to be used to explode leftists, is developing countermeasures really that necessary? These are the real questions we need to be asking ourselves.

>than have my body be zapped by lasers

Perhaps the laser doesn't need to be all that powerful though. Maybe some sort of high intensity flashlight could be used to fry the visual system on those things or cause them to detonate prematurely somehow.

These are all questions for the engineers though.

Scarecrow defence:
Throughout the city there are inflatable "scare crows" that get initiated like a car airbag during an attack. The drones spend most of their time attacking the decoys.

explosive reactive helmets.

Welp, here we are then:

digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/us-air-force-confirms-boeings-electromagnetic-pulse-weapon/

Miniaturize this fucking thing. Strap it on a kamikaze drone. And send it into a swarm of the killer drones, and the killer drones are done for.

Reading the article now though, it seems as if it can accurately disable separate targets, so you wouldn’t even need to have your defense drone kamikaze. It could be some sort of automated turret, perhaps attached to a drone.

I can
>mutilate my face (MOM'S GONNA FREAK)
>put my head in a lense-covered box that will warp my face and scramble the weak phone-tier facial recog.
>make a EMP gun with a microwave oven magnetron
>get off the grid for a while without telling anyone

The military can
>make pic related
>make a small superapid-fire APS with ~100kW laser or buckshot, guided by a small radar
>spam some of those microwave humvees in every unit
>fly these around
>use something like this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suter_(computer_program)
>ask the CIA niggers for the processor backdoors and disable all non mil ones
>fry the 'lil shits with a powerful AESA from afar

The government can
>monitor the fucking contractors 24/7
>not create a bitchshit society where everyone wants to murder one another

forgot my pic

EMPs aren't a very good option, because of how small they are. Anyone who has actually taken an undergrad electromagnetism course knows how to calculate the induced current in one of these. Guiding the laser defense is also a challenge. How are you going to aim? Radar can't detect them, you'd need some very good computer vision and cameras. Lasers also take a lot of power to fire once (we have yet to deploy them in a military scenario), firing in multiple targets like this is science fiction. Point defense is actually nuts, hahaha. And these drones could be made tomorrow if anyone willed, unlike any of the possible defenses for it. It's literally an indefensible weapon.

>Radar can't detect them
?

What does them being small have to do with anything? Surely an EMP would have an effect on anything electronic.

If you read the article I posted, it sounds as if the targets were relatively small there as well. You can target the entire swarm, not necessarily individual ones. An EMP blast could fill up an entire room. Boom, they’re all done all at once.

big sparks

>What does them being small have to do with anything?
Not him but conductors act as antennas for the induced current so the longer(bigger) a conductor is, the stronger effect EMP has on it. You'd need a very strong pulse to knock out a 3-4cm quadcopter, if it's even possible.

Do we know what sort of conductors the computers supporting the AI have to have? Because we aren’t talking about your typical manual drone here.

Also, here’s Boeing shooting individual drones out of the sky with a laser. These things aren’t exactly speed demons:

digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/athena-laser-drone/

I'd just wear these all the time.

> Wait 10 minutes in locked room.
> battery runs out

>sort of conductors
???

Also I'm not saying anything about lasers. A laser APS is completely plausable.

>drone gets programmed to target glasses
>genepool cleared of astigmatism fags and laughing man larpers
wtf I love oppresive governments and terrorists now

>it waits you out in hybernation mode
>lithium-air gets mainstream
>micro fuel cells get mainstream
We're still absolutely fucked in the long run, big time.

I’m asking why is it that you think an EMP wouldn’t affect conductors on computers of the drone?

All you need is to have another drone carrying an EMP device to get close to the attack swarm. Do we know how powerful and compact EMP technology is?

Heck, you could have a stationary EMP device in sensitive target areas. If a swarm comes into a room they shouldn’t be in, the EMP could fill the room.

If EMPs can knock out electrical circuits in buildings, you’re telling me they couldn’t knock these things out in a room?

>I’m asking why is it that you think an EMP wouldn’t affect conductors on computers of the drone?
Because they are too small for a big enough current to be induced
>All you need is to have another drone carrying an EMP device to get close to the attack swarm
How do you plan to produce a big enough EMP with a ~5-10g (as much as a small-ish quad can carry)
>compact EMP technology
No such thing
>circuits in buildings
They are long.
>couldn’t knock these things out in a room
Because they are short. The longer(bigger) the conductor is, the more vulnerable it is to an EMP. Being small is good in this case.

>like to wear masks because it makes you feel secure
>taking a calm midnight stroll through the city
>suddenly hear weird noises and shouting
>some guy runs past you
>weird noises become louder
>you get headshotted by a robot because it thought you as the guy who ran away

Just have a massive EMP lying around in every American home. We love guns already, that wouldn't be too much of an add on to our home defense.

Go big in response, engineer the long awaited mechs. Massive like at least 100 feet tall loaded with crazy weapons like in Gundam. Little bots won't stand a chance.

>some faggot spots a fly at the window and starts trippin
>destroys the electric grid and transformers in a 1 mile radius
Whoa
We'll get a demographic catastrophe since every second person'll need to be a queer electric engineer

Create masks with adversarially generated images printed on them optimized to fool the recognition software a la youtube.com/watch?v=M2IebCN9Ht4

Also why the focus on AI when biotech offers things like the possibility of designing an extremely virulent pathogen coded to kill single individuals based on DNA samples.

So EMPs can work on smartphones (as you can find plenty of examples on YouTube of) but not the computer system hosting advanced AI? Not sure I believe that.

youtu.be/66ZwuNoNgx4

>No such thing
It’s not at all far-fetched that it’ll fit perfectly fine inside a room some day. We also don’t know how small they can actually be made at this time.

>youtu.be/66ZwuNoNgx4
Skimmed over the popsci trash
Almost all phones worked and continued working after being EMPd point blank.
What point are you even trying to make?

this emp generator is shit and outputs no power
try a magnetron based one

Create a robotic venus fly trap that kills these things

>magnetron based one
Obviously, homemade microwave magnetron guns have been around for some time. But you actually have to physically aim it, which will be tricky if a swarm of nimble drones is trying to kill you at incredibly hihg speed
You should also book 6 rounds of chemo for the tumors after using it.

Lmao majority of Americans have less than a thousand dollars in savings. Good luck with that.

The concept is sound, is my point. The only issue is EM shielding, which is the only reason why some of the phones (namely the iPhones) continued to work.

Shaped charge idea is dumb. Bullets would be smarter.

Also lmao at all the people talking about EMPs and shit. These things would get stopped by any kind of net.

carry an industrial fan with me at all times

a net

This is what Kim should be developing

>mfw i want some

>implying we wouldn't test it out on fat boy.

a gun should do the trick

>create swarmbots to kill kim and his dedicated generals
>have SK take NK without so much as a bang
or
>risk of hundreds of thousands if not millions of SK and NK civilians killed by bombing
Which does Veeky Forums take?

>implying SCI isn't for Best Korea

pre-emptive forhead detonation

kekked

what episode?

true

>Also why the focus on AI when biotech offers things like the possibility of designing an extremely virulent pathogen coded to kill single individuals based on DNA samples.

This will never come to fruition, ever, unless you're talking about killing homogeneous groups of individuals.

Why?

You can't use cell surface proteins for target recognition, because there isn't enough variability. You'd have to use DNA as the target recognition, but the variation in genes across humanity is limited and you can't create something that detects the individual's entire genome anyway, so you'd have to target a subset of genes in reasonable proximity to each other in the genome. Doing this automatically makes the pathogen much less specific.

Of course, you could target individuals with extremely rare genome-wide (by genome-wide I mean not localized to a subset of cells, but to all the cells in their body) mutations, and settle for killing them and the two other people in the world that have this mutation, but that makes the pathogen really impractical.

what is this piece of crap video?

>You'd have to use DNA as the target recognition
Yes. I wasn't saying that they'd only infect the target, but that they'd only be lethal for the target and cause at most a mild cold for everyone else. The idea is to have it spread throughout the population without causing much distress so that it eventually hits the target.

>You should also book 6 rounds of chemo for the tumors after using it.
lmao what a retard
your lightbulb or even monitor outputs 10,000 times more powerful EM radiation than megatron
it has nothing to do with cancer/tumors, it just heats you

The point that I made in my post was that if you use DNA for target recognition, you can't make an individual-specific pathogen, you'd have to kill off entire populations or forget about the idea.

Alright but clearly you can identity someone uniquely based on their DNA. I mean where are you getting
>you can't create something that detects the individual's entire genome
for example.

Just launch a cannon net at them.
All else failing we just make Dwarven style Ballistae from LOTR and tear them from the sky.

youtube.com/watch?v=gi9NJBOWHuo

sonic weapons, and water
>in a building? turn on the fire sprinklers
>outside? blast the little fucks with enough bass to knock them out of the sky

There's no chemical or biological agent you could produce that would be able to find a target's DNA, read the whole thing, make sure it read the whole thing without skipping or duplicating any part, compare it with the entire DNA of the desired individual, and then only activate a response if they're absolutely the same.

It's infeasible based simply on the mechanical properties of the molecules involved.

Put several layers of a fine mesh over all entrances to a building.

Wear body armor that places a stiff bubble all around you so that the detonation isn't right next to your head.

Also I have a small bone to pick with the intent behind the OP video. Yes, these weapons will get into the wrong hands. So can explosives. If someone's going to be using a weapon, I honestly WOULD rather it be a precise, small weapon rather than something that takes half the block with it and leaves you with years of rebuilding and immense collateral damage in toxic dust clouds and physical damage.

Reactive armor

Somewhere. Someday. Someone will take what you said in the negative as a personal challenge.

Gat-Gate

Provided that this is true, surely there must be SOME way of identifying someone with high probability (say 1 in 1,000,000, so that there's only 1 collateral casualty per million infected)?

>Alright but clearly you can identity someone uniquely based on their DNA.

Not really, but you can identify them with very high probability. However, this is completely different from creating a target-specific pathogen. In the lab you cut the DNA into a large number of small pieces, and use incredible amounts of molecules to finally sequence the various DNA-chains.

You could use e.g. variable number tandem repeats (VNTRs) as the DNA target, but even if only 0.001 % of the human population express a specific sequence, you'll still be killing approximately 78000 people assuming everybody gets infected and 100 % mortality.

The problem with using a pathogen to recognize the whole genome is that the pathogen would have to be extremely large (how would you get it into the cell? How would it get into the nucleus?), it would have to synthesize promoter proteins, disable repressor proteins, and circumvent various defense mechanisms. If you can manage to do this, you are literally god.

In the lab? Yes. By a pathogen spread by infection? No way.

Bird-shot from a sawn off shotgun i reckon.

Remember the longer the barrel the tighter the grouping so let em get a little closer and you should get a decent spray.

Hows the explosive triggered though? That could be a problem.

Also you could fuck with different loads to figure out whats most effective although that would entail running some kind of drill.

a big ass net

Most cities have an anti-mask law, unless you have a pass from your doctor and it is considered a prosthetic. It is rarely ever enforced (Hallloween for instance) until someone does something then they catch them and add that onto a pile of charges against them.

>use a gun

He says in the video that they dodge bullets.

>uncontrolable AI killer drones roaming the streets
>implying people will care about minor laws

>a dozen drones rush you
>implying a bubba'd shotgun will save you

allahu akbar them

ALLAHU AKBAR

I don't need to worry, my [math]PHENOTYPE[/math]
is large enough to shield me from a pathetic shaped charge

Thwarted by a tiny net

AI-controlled turret lasers. You can make one for mosquitoes from off the shelf parts right now. Making one for something larger just requires more power and a larger laser unit or several smaller ones that all point to the same spot. A laser system could be used safely indoors. A maser system or HERF system could be used outside. All systems can be protected against to a certain extent. It just depends on how high power they are.

>But really, if these drones are primarily going to be used to explode leftists, is developing countermeasures really that necessary? These are the real questions we need to be asking ourselves.

You are not the person who decides how these get used.

>implying people will care about minor laws

It wouldn't be a minor law during times like those.

>Because they are too small for a big enough current to be induced
Elaborate

No, he says they move to dodge sniper fire. Birdshot would fuck them up really easily.

*blocks your path*

>it's inhuman if we don't butcher each other with axes

lol dumb apes

>Elaborate

Right, I forgot that the unit for electrical fields was V/m

I hope you got lots and lots of ammo.

I don't know how viable they are, but if they are, we would probably see explosively pumped EMP weapons used a lot more if death drones became the norm.

>you'd need some very good computer vision and cameras
Like the ones that the robots are using?

I think you could realistically make a microwave gun from a microwave oven's magnetron that could take out these things before they reach you.

Just release drone-killing drones

>terrorists release drone killing drone killing drones

youtube.com/watch?v=P9yruQM1ggc
W H O A
The consequences will never be the same.