Okay, Griffiths is fucking gay and doesn't know how to word shit. What are the best alternatives to Griffiths...

Okay, Griffiths is fucking gay and doesn't know how to word shit. What are the best alternatives to Griffiths? I have a copy of Schwarz, and I like it better than Griffiths, but there aren't enough examples and exercises. I hear Wangsness is good. Any others?

Other urls found in this thread:

uw43tal2d7wwziju.onion/
amazon.com/Electromagnetic-Field-Dover-Books-Physics/dp/0486656608
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you the same user complaining about how the exercises are mixed into each section instead of being put at the end?

What?

Purcell ,electricity and magnetism

"Div,Grad,Curl and all that" is a good supplementary book.

+1 on both recommendations

>gay
probably, though he did bang that princess hard af

Maybe im just a brainlet but I felt like Griffiths would make his examples rely on concepts that were hardly ever explained in the text to a degree the questions warranted. This book would have been 0 help without my profs guidance.

>Purcell ,electricity and magnetism
>"Div,Grad,Curl and all that" is a good supplementary book.

uw43tal2d7wwziju.onion/

amazon.com/Electromagnetic-Field-Dover-Books-Physics/dp/0486656608

>.onion
No

I really really suggest Electromagnetism by Gerald L. Pollack. I'm in grad E&M and noticed on my Prof's desk. Turns out he has been teaching out of it all semester. Also, if you think Griffiths is bad, wait till you get a load of Jackson.

Jackson is the only good way to learn electromagnetism.

>autism: the post
Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields by Harrington for waves

It's not the rigor of Griffiths but the redaction that frustrates me. I'll check out Pollack. Thanks.
Is it acceptable to skip Griffiths and go to Jackson's? I always thought a Griffiths-level book was a stepping stone to Jackson and Landau.

Do yourself a favor and skip Jackson unless it's required for a course. It's a shit book and there are literally hundreds of other options that do it better

hey do you have a test on friday

No, do you? :)

Different user, yes I do.

>have to take discrete math for CS
>only professor that teaches it is garbage
>dude looks like Santa Claus dressed as a janitor and gives totally incomprehensible lectures verbatim from pic related (a garbage fucking book) and gives no fucks about how well his students do since he's retiring after this semester
>want to not fail the class so I have to teach myself

What are some good resources for teaching myself discrete math Veeky Forums?

I've already looked around and it seems hard to find good materials because every course covers different topics.

TrevTutor and Bill Shillito on youtube.

What is your exam covering? Mine is over chapter 3 in Griffiths.

You guys got any test taking tips? I completely spaced out on the first exam and ended up bombing it.

If you find Schaum's incomprehensible, there's not much hope that a better book will make you any smarter.

>.onion
Yes please

Chapter 3 is about potentials.
You have to know
Gauss law
Method of images
Poisson equation -separation of variables
How to use legendre polynomials and Fourier trick.
Multipole expansion.

Griffiths does tons of examples of each. Even if you're bad at math, you can memorize his solutions as algorithms and pass.

Am I the only one that doesn't find Griffith's EM book bad? I think it's alright. I have the 3rd edition anyways.What else would you guys use?

Griffith's best book is his intro to elementary particles

What about Reitz?