Organic Chemistry

Exam on Friday, haven't studied.

How intensive is graduate level Organic Chemistry?

The material I am learning is very easy to cram.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/4dr7z28ab8buvd4/MOC_Org_1_Summary_Sheets.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>press f to pay respects

f

but in all seriousness, how long have you been neglecting studies?

Unless you have an eidetic memory (and very few people truly do), I'd be worried, but I'm not sure it's productive to at this point.

Are you good at cramming, user?

Once you actually understand things and can draw parallels between different mechanism, it becomes quite easy. In my opinion OrgChem is more like a game/puzzle than some extremely complicated matter like most people make it. Hower, I can't imagine a worse exam to not study for. You need practice. There is no way around.

Honestly if you've got a really good teacher who gives a shit and not some idiot Indian you've got a fair shot. I would cram for my orgo chem exams but we had good labs and the teacher engaged your focus in class. But if it's last night and you've been skipping lab or class you're fucked m8.

^Absolutely this
Learning mechanisms is usefull as fallback and mnemotechnic tool, but you must learn the different reactions.

This, even if you had not been doing the assignments but still went to lecture then it makes all the difference in the world than if you had not gone to lectures.

Organic chemistry semester one here. Just study every day for like an hour. Help hours are good for learning and you can impress your Professors.

What scares me the most is that the gif image is not moving... Dude you're fucked

Doubling down on this advice: you can memorize arrow pushing and it might work for you, but it's better to understand *why* the electrons move the way they do. In the end, that will let you look at unknown mechanisms and let you make educated guesses about what happens -- if you can get that skill in Orgo I or II you're golden.

Eh it's not that bad if you understand fundamentally why electrons like to be where they is but it do and how molecular orbitals work. If you know those you don't need to cram for mechanisms.

OP here. Is it getting warm in here or is it just me? *cough cough* Oh god, I can't breathe. Fuck!

Fuck these multi step synthesis problems.

I have 15 hours to figure out how to do this.

I have the 20 pages "master organic chemistry" if anyone is interested

Kek, i've uploaded this on one of these threads some time ago. Still use this chart with SN/E reactions.

Yeah i got it from someone here

I would suggest stopping by this guy's website.
He's PhD chemist teaching organic chemistry, and is pretty communicative with his commenters. Really helped me when i started o-chem.

www.masterorganicchem.com

I remember fucking off on class/homework and getting massacred in tests before
Huge regrets not taking school more seriously now
I would say you're just missing out honestly other than really increasing your chances to shit up the exams and tests

I mean are there even ways to learn this shit outside of school and not be labeled a terrorist or someone making drugs?
I guess there could be MIT videos or some shit but my instincts say no
I know nothing about chemistry and wish I did

Stop being such a retard

Mega link??

bumping for this

mediafire.com/file/4dr7z28ab8buvd4/MOC_Org_1_Summary_Sheets.pdf
Not the original user but here you go.

this is kinda neat. thanks.

i love you so much

I believe there is something psychologically wrong with me that this is what I thought of when I saw OP but I made you a present.

>that protonated acid at the end
lmao

Holy fuck man

plz post user

11/10

great job user

when you say very few what you mean is none at all on account of it not existing
if you can remember to draw hexagons you are good

someone else posted it just go to the mediafire link

>graduate level

What PhD program are you in? What are you specializing in? If it's total synthesis/natural product synthesis you better start cramming now. If you're at one of the big West coast unis (top UCs, Scripps, Caltech) or any of the ivy leagues or MIT or some shit you have to salvage what you can.

Thanks so much!

Do you mind me asking if you have something similar for organic II material?

F

You won't make it, OP

Nothing to worry about. It isn't necessary to study or do homework. You can just figure everything out on test day. Later on you'll find that working is exactly the same. You'll just get paid even if you don't do anything. Just relax and play a video game or websurf or shitpost. No problem.

You should read this message

since we are at it, i have a stupid chemistry question

can a hydrogen atom in its ground state emit a photon?

i mean, if he does, the electron should go to an state of less energy but the hydrogen electron is already at the lesser energy state, right?

From what i know, no..
Since photon emmision is matter of stabilization of excited state a hydrogen atom in ground state would have no reason (or way) to deexcite.

But come to think of it, photons can also be emited through molecular vibrations, maybe hydrogen with electron in a ground state but with some kinetic energy would emmit photon.
Though i am not well versed in optics or electricity, it's probably better to ask physicists.

?

It's going to depend more on who is lecturing. You can find many total synthesis wizards at all three of the "best west coast unis" you listed.

whom else here procrastinating
I have a physics 1 test tomo about torque, radial acceleration, inertia in rolling bodies etc as well as linear algebra HW to be doing