Can we have a Bukowski thread?

Can we have a Bukowski thread?

Not a Veeky Forums favourite, I gather?

>Wook watermark
Confirmed Tuga

not really familiar with his works, I just know he's a chauvinistic toady douche

We only read pynchon here

Yup e então?

>not familiar
>I know

You know nothing, dude.

''Barney got her in the ass while she sucked me off; Barney finished first, put his toe in her ass, wiggled it, asked, ''how ya like that?'' she couldn't answer right then. she finished me off. then we drank an hour or so. then I switched to the bunghole. Barney took the mouth. after that, he went to his place. I went to mine. I drank myself to sleep.''

>dude, like, you cannot see how someone is until, like, you see their writing

I've seen interviews and other countless confrontations with him. He's an ass

Well, from what I've seen of him, I think the opposite. You might just be some nu-male or whatever.

Exactly the kind of lowlife shits his characters usually are. Don't tell me you believe you have to relate to the MC.

Atão era fogueteiro e vendia carvão como dizia a minha avó

>lost his virginity in his mid 20s to a fat whore
/ourguy/

Not really. You're still a virgin

I have time until 24

Why not just talk to a normal chick and bang her, though? It's too easy, I really don't get how anyone can be a virgin/be /r9k/.

I just posted that for lulz. I liked Ham on Rye.

In his novels he presents what is often appreciated as a sort of juvenile male fantasy. The habit getting drunk every night because you have no job to go to, spending the night with all those different women. The lack of inhibition and irreverence for basic social mores and manners his alter ego shows is indicative of a certain type of freedom that comes with living on the very bottom rung of society. The young men who laud Bukowski, in some sense envy him, even though they wouldn't actually want to live that life for themselves.

As for his writing, I don't care much for it. It's not terrible, but you get bored of it pretty quickly. Again, Ham on Rye was okay, probably his best novel. His poetry is eh. I liked him more when I was 17.

I'm not actually a virgin I just played along

I feel you. Reading Factotum and going through all that nothing to end up with nothing with still more nothing to go look forward to is really sobering for someone who is in college and living like that (chicks, alcohol, general good time and telling responsibilities to sod off). You end up thinking "I don't want to end up like that, fuck that"

How is that playing me along? It's not like you acted like you were a chick and I was mmmmm baby lets meet I buy you WoW items bae

Virgin detected

Literally the writer of choice for horny community college students, dude. The same people who genuinely believe Californication is a good show.

Pretty cool cover.

I quite like Bukowski but he is hit and miss. Reading him is like watching some dumb action flick: sometimes you get bored of watching deep, intellectual kino and want something easy and fun and not-so-serious.

The core message of his works, however, is to endure, to push through the shit life flings at you. I found it incredibly easy to relate to his acne pains and his self-consciousness because of that and his first forays into working full-time in a pretty mundane job. Ideal to read in your early 20s but you grow out of it eventually.

Really liked Ham on Rye and thought Post Office was hilarious but was pretty burned out by the end of Women. Should I read Factotum? Also is his poetry any good?