Nietzsche chart/recommendations?

Nietzsche chart/recommendations?

I know a bit about him from the memes here but I need to read some of his work until friday.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read his works in order of publication, as you would with any other author.

You are a superficial person and even reading his work will be a meme to you. You could pick up his book, find a couple really dope lines and cite them off for rep and call it Nietzche, but you won't have the faintest inkling of what he was even talking about.

If you don't want to be a poseur turbofag and maybe for a second think about being a real human fucking being then you should probably consider getting your shit together and quick.

Start with the Greeks like everybody else and take it in when you get to Nietzche, but not for the purpose of Nietzche, but for the purpose of you. Because THAT is what he's really talking about, and you're not being the person Nietzche thinks you could be.

Start with the Portable Nietzche and Basic writings by Kaufmann. Read the prefaces for each of his works in chronological order then start with The Gay Science or Beyond Good and Evil. You're free to jump right into it but you'll honestly get more out of the reading by having a background in Ancient Greek philosophy.

Fuck off

Zarathustra, Ecce Homo, Gay Science, anything. That order.

awful post

good post

don't

>Nietzsche chart/recommendations?
He's a Greek philologist who can't STFU about the Greeks for 15 pages

PUBLICATION ORDER

As for which editions and translations, it's near the end of this:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1

>in order of publication, as you would with any other author
I don't do so. Fuck you arrogant wiseass.

Yeah god forbid people think you actually read the things you quote of goodreads

The Birth of Tragedy, The Antichrist, then chronologically imo

starting with birth of tragedy or zarathustra is bad
his best works that capture the majority of his thoughts are genealogy of morals, beyond good and evil, maybe gay science. twilight of idols = good shortish book of his.

i meant to say Twilight of the Idols and The Antichrist, oops

>Zarathustra first
Don't be a cunt.

definitely this
t. philosophy teacher

>don't start with birth of tragedy
Why? Kaufmann starts with that listed first and it presents the idea of the appollinian and dionysian duality.

I'm reading that right now and it's my introduction to nietzsche (aside from the three metamorphosis and first chapter of Zarathustra )

Should I drop it and start with genealogy first?

you gotta read it again at the end

Just to be clear 'Start with the Greeks' means Plato and Aristotle in this context?

Do not start with the Birth of Tragedy

Read a Wikipedia plot summary of plato and Schopenhauer then dive in with Beyond Good and Evil

>all these completly different suggestions
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJJJJJH

EVERY SINGLE TIME
WHY CAN'T YOU FAGGOTS MAKE UP YOUR MIND ON THIS GUY?
DOES ANYONE EVEN ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND HIM?

Nope

If you haven't read the Greeks and a basic understanding of Schopenhauer then don't bother.

If you have then I'd say start with The Gay Science. Fairly easy read and gives a good wide sample of his main ideas.

Then perhaps Twilight of the Idols because it's one of his easier works, but more political.

Or go with Beyond Good and Evil, which many consider to be his most important work.

Then you may proceed with perhaps Birth of Tragedy, The Genealogy of Morals, Anti-Christ etc.

Don't buy into this meme. Starting with Zarathustra is a terrible idea. It's easily one of his most difficult works.

Homer, Plato/Aristotle, everything after.

Nietzche's very first book is quite seriously "Start With The Greeks."

This, plus I found The Antichrist to be the most accessible of his works.