Safely inside the Habitable Zone

>Safely inside the Habitable Zone
>Surface temperature only 3 Kelvin warmer than Earth
>Parented by a "quiet" older star, meaning no violent solar flares or other impediments to life that turn people off from TRAPPIST or Proxima.
>Perhaps tin-foil-tier, but we received a really strange radio beam from the direction of the system back in the summer which still hasn't been officially explained.

Holy shit lads, is Ross 128 b /ourgiy/? We might have to wait for the JWT before we get *too* excited, but I'm on the edge of my seat ATM.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=48m40s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>yfw Weird! radio signal originated from there just recently
>yfw the explanation was geo sat but that was before the knowledge of the planet being there existed
>yfw we've been found out

Muh dick. JWT's launch in 2019 is going to be amazing.

We will likely get an answer on liquid water in the handful of promising exoplanets by 2020.

How long has the star been red dwarf? Long enough for life to evolve/adapt since it was hotter?

>JWT's launch in 2019 is going to be amazing.
You are right about that, hehehe.

>>Surface temperature only 3 Kelvin warmer than Earth

But I thought that the temp being a few degrees higher would be disastrous?

it will bring problems for our current civilization but won't end life on Earth.

>*Explodes moments after liftoff*
heh, nothing personal NASA

No, the problem is it changes the planet that we've adapted to. Humans can adapt, cities cant.

>Holy shit lads, is Ross 128 b /ourgiy/?
Don't you mean /our AYY/?

t. the dinosaurs

No the temp changing a few degrees over a century would be disastrous.

it's got an orbit of .04 AU around a 9 billion year old star
it's fucking tidally locked

>it's fucking tidally locked
I didn’t know that. Rip Ross 128 b

That's not necessarily a deal breaker.

It would result in losing land in some areas and gaining land in others. So it'd be a disaster for billions of people who live near coastal areas, and a boon for billions of people who don't.

It is unless you want to live on a very tiny strip with raging winds

youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=48m40s

>t. brainlet meme irl specimen

t. 12yo retard who thinks in memes and chan-speak

You have to give him some credit, at least he's going to grow up with a normal amount of chromosomes unlike yourself.

>Ross 128 is a red dwarf in the equatorial zodiac constellation of Virgo, near β Virgins.
kek

>So it'd be a disaster for billions of people who live near coastal areas
Indonesia and poos can drown just fine, shouldn't be a problem, nips can be evacuated.

>3 degrees is important
it is obviously not true since temperature varies about 100 degrees around the various conditions of the world

>red dwarf
>manlet sun

m-maybe that's the place where we can find a gf?

It's twice as old as our system. When WE WUZ RNA SOUP they already explored galaxy. They are gods by now, that simulations give potential habitability is a nice coincidence, though I suppose a planet-wide dome is more feasible: it can hold the atmosphere without magnetic field, can shield against those huge UV flares and redistribute the light, so rotation is optional too.

I just want to shag a hot alien waifu, man...

It's most likely tidally locked though which could cause climate problems

So put something big in it's orbit. We have the technology to do that.