Is there any reliable way to increase your IQ?

Is there any reliable way to increase your IQ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapper_orientation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. Be a young child and have rich parents who play with you a lot.

Just read a book, eat okay, and exercise

Make everyone around you dumber

How is reading a book gonna accomplish anything? I hate this mene.

>parents who play with you a lot.

This helps a lot. Busy parents who have to work longass hours because of job demands or to make ends meet won't be able to do it that often unfortunately.

Max sleep, diet, health, don’t overeat before test, make sure you’re not vitamin D, iron or iodine deficient.

Preferably you do the exercises too.

Well, you're not wrong

watch rick and morty

Study math and formal logic.

You can't unless you're talking about score in a very specific test which you can train for. Intelligence is for the most part immutable and genetic.

Practice the test over and over

Don't be a nigger

go back in time and unfluoridate your water supply

Your post is just an excuse to shit on blacks. It’s worthless.

bump

You guys are probably right for most cases. But I just had to think about Musks interview to Rolling Stone recently. Seems like he got smarter through no parenting because he needed to get his parenting from books and there where no parents forbidding him things all the time

For the first eight or so years of his life, Musk lived with his mother, Maye, a dietitian and model, and his father, Errol, an engineer, in Pretoria, South Africa. He rarely saw either of them.

"I didn't really have a primary nanny or anything," Musk recalls. "I just had a housekeeper who was there to make sure I didn't break anything. She wasn't, like, watching me. I was off making explosives and reading books and building rockets and doing things that could have gotten me killed. I'm shocked that I have all my fingers." He raises his hands and examines them, then lowers his digits. "I was raised by books. Books, and then my parents."

Retake the same online test a few times.
Got me to 116, which is pretty good, everyone above that probably has problems fitting into society

Try to learn and think properly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapper_orientation
But since you're asking shit like this instead of doing actual research...

There are really only three things you can do to increase your IQ (fluid intelligence):
Exercise,
Meditation (general improvement in cognitive abilities across the board),
and Hydrotherapy have been proven to increase your IQ.

>Meditation
>increase your IQ
[citation needed]

Even with the best nutrition, environment, emotional support and all you can wish for your IQ would only increase by ~10 at most. This is what ~0.85 heritability means.

The Reasons are basically, exercise improves cerebral brain flow, which means more efficient use of oxygen and nutrients by brain cells, this actually has a bigger impact than you would expect, most sedentary people have weak circulation with oxygen and nutrient-starved cells in a state of general unhealthiness so correcting this can deliver a perceptible 'boost' to intelligence even though you are really just reaching more of your potential.

Meditation improves inhibitory control in the brain, this is extremely important for use of language and communicating with people as well as thinking logically. Being able to regulate your own emotions has profound and myriad benefits in both everyday life and stressful situations like tests.

Hydrotherapy is a 19th-20th century practice based on ancient roman bathing which uses immersion in water to release toxins and relieve pain. Being in pain can significantly reduce your scores on just about any test of ability so its quite beneficial to most people

I seriously hope you're trolling
none of these can increase your IQ lmao
maybe exercise than prevent IQ decline by extending your lifetime, but that's all

>hydrotherapy has been proven to increase your IQ

Well, I guess if you are very lucky and have no bodily pains or diseases, hydrotherapy won't be as big of a help for you as it would for others.

You should remember that President Franklin Roosevelt was convinced of the benefits of hydrotherapy and it played a big role in his convalescence from Polio

you need to be less obvious next time, I'm sure you can do it :)

Murder smart people

my IQ decreased when I got sleep apnea. I sleep on a wedge pillow now, which keeps my airway clear during the night. This has definitely made me smarter. And I have a lot more energy.

yes
step 1 find a microwave
step 2 hack microwave so door is no long registered as open
step 3 insert head
step 4 set timer to 88 seconds
step 5 repeat until swelling occurs
step 6 watch Richard and Mortimer

kill yourself and don't be reincarnated as a nigger next time

Hydrotherapy huh, does that involve drinking water / water enemas or is it more like bathing in hot springs?

I always found i can think much more clearly after a hot shower so you might be onto something here, do you have any studies?

This reminds me of myself but instead of books it was internet. Really interesting actually. I feel a lot of Veeky Forums can relate, especially this board.

Study mathematics, science, and philosophy. Also, practice these things, especially pattern recognition related.

>Watch Richard and Mortimer
Im fucking dying laughing rn

bump

Increase the amount of neurons in your cerebrum.

Merge neurons and sperm.

Dual n-Back games to increase working memory.
Do 10 minutes a day of this exercise (I forgot the name of of) Close your eyes and don't think, just allow whatever images to appear in your "minds eye" to appear. Describe OUT LOUD what you see in as much detail as possible, and if anything changes, describe that as well. You must describe it out loud in words. I've read studies that linked this exercise with growing white matter in the corpus callosum.
Do 15 minutes of Zen meditation a day
Eat well.
have a regular sleep schedule.
Exercise regularly.
That's it.

Start working as the guy who writes the questions for IQ tests?

You're doing something very dangerous.

Brain force from Infowars.com

I don't see anything dangerous in these activities.

He said "don't be a nigger".

How is that shitting on black people?

Eating your own cum worked for me.
Now i'm a Math major.

yes i've heard this is what the elite do to become transcendent humans

Tie an elastic band around your head and attach a weight to said band, tilt your head upside down and rest for a while. This should work, but I haven't tried it yet as no person can even compete with my intellect.

the most redpilled post i've read today

stay away from chems in food, shitty food, processed food, take essential oils.
exercise by light cardio, moderate strength training and lots of stretching.
floss and brush regularly.
the mind is reliant on the body.
research and learn something interesting everyday, listen to music every once in awhile, and read fiction instead of tv for entertainment.

Everybody here is an idiot. The closest thing to an answer is dual n-back. Do it 20 minutes a day for a month. That might work by increasing your working memory capacity. Oh and chew nicotine gum.

IQ is overrated. A lot of successful people actually doesn't have very extraordinary IQ, but they have strong EQ. EQ is getting more and more useful in today's world.
If you want to feel stronger about your intelligence, I would recommend you to read books (non-fiction). You can read history, self-dev, business, biographies and have a lot of KNOWLEDGE about things.

Yeah, study for the IQ test.
/thread

forget about IQ and go do something with your life. You will score better on IQ tests simply because you spent more of your time solving problems than circlejerking about a number that says who is smart and who isn't.

Simply put, no, there are none. There are ways to lower it though, so avoid this.

what is dangerous about those activities?

not really outside of a few things like your mom beast feeding you when you were an infant
IQ is about 50% genetic and 50% environmental, and because most of the environmental effects on IQ are usually specific to individuals (and not twins), those things are out of your control

It makes mustard gas.

no, there is no way to increase iq. however we know ways to decrease iq and thus we know how to prevent some decrease or how to mature better.

eugenics for your offspring if you're in the elite that can afford it

other than traumatic brain injury, how would one lower it?

FUCK OFF THIS BOARD GET OUT. NO BODY FUCKING WANTS YOU

Who do i need to talk to and how much is it

go through a high pass iq filter to remove all the retardation

Dual n' back seens pretty reliable to me.

Do thorough and consistent and frequent studying.
Do not give money to SAT prep type programs, the evidence is that they don't really make a difference.

If he is lacking high iq components, no amount of filtering will help. He'll end up with white brainlet noise.

My suggestion is convolution. We take a high iq person who corrects every output he makes in real time, effectivly raising his IQ level in a processes of iq upconversion.

recommend reading pic related

>post on a software programmer's blog
Wow much science very evidence

Yes, if you are under age 25 and your brain is still developing. But really, most of your IQ development happens as a child, your parents should have been on the ball and educating you to death. By the time you realize that you want a high IQ as an adult, it's usually too late.

You can't study for it, that's cheating.