I read this book some time ago and think it is heavily underrated. What do you think?

I read this book some time ago and think it is heavily underrated. What do you think?

The fucking bird shouldn't have mocked him if it didn't want to get killed. Alo Boo did nothing wrong.

>Most popular piece of American fiction ever written
>Heavily underrated

Choose one

I think it gets a bad rap on this site, but 'The fact that I had a permanent fiance was little comparison for his absence: I had never thought about it, but summer was Dill by the fishpool smoking string, Dill's eyes alive with complicated plans to make Boo Radley emerge; summer was the swiftness with which Dill would reach up and kiss me when Jem was not looking, the longings we sometimes felt each other feel. With him, life was routine; without him, life was unbearable. I stayed miserable for two days.'

also

'There was a lady in the moon in Maycomb.'

>And so in the end we are all To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (over 30,000,000 sold)

Really Lee?

>gee wiz, why are poor white farmers so stupid and ugly and dirty?
>why are they so mean to the poor innocent black people? :(
>oh it's because their daughters all want black cock
>my daddy is white, but he isn't stupid or ugly or poor though
>he's educated and rich and handsome and amazing in every way
>he can also shoot really well but doesn't like violence :)
>he's gonna save the black people from the dirty white peasants with his education
>because black people are mockingbirds, you see
>*swoon*

That Capote was a hell of a writer. Not a very nice man, though.

I prefer the sequel

This, To Kill a Mockingbird is shameless Jewish propaganda

you irl

Not an argument

Anything that normies like is shit. Harry Potter is shit. This post is shit.

i prefer 'to mock a killing-bird'

a story about a suicidal farmer provoking a dangerous bird

i think a lot of the book went over your head. I noticed this too, but I don't think it's that pushed like in some Cosmo articles.

I liked it.

Really didn't get it. I'm going through the Veeky Forums starter pack and found brave new world and Clockwork Orange(GOAT) to be much better than this.

kek

Laughed out loud

I think this is an amazing book but I can hardly called it underrated as it is a booked I had to read in highschool and I think most highschools in England make their students read either To kill a mockingbird or of mice and men

god do you just go into your analysis trying to make yourself angry?

It is on par with Uncle Tom's Cabin. Not a work of literary genius, but it is culturally influential.

It's really not underrated. I had to read this in the 8th grade for school.

It's good, but it's popular and got awards so it's not underrated

>30 million sold
>Underrated

what

oy vey goyim dis poor african youth dindu nuffin its all societies fault