Is this genius, a sad symptom of our times, or both?

Is this genius, a sad symptom of our times, or both?

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39417573/bookshop-turns-classics-into-clickbait-to-get-people-reading

This is just a worse "poorly describe a book with memetext"

>tfw the article itself is clickbait
2meta4me

Its stupid, but at least admirable to push the classics. Plebs have always read shit.

Why is it admirable to push the classics? Our anti-intellectual climate helps reduce the amount of vanity readers. I for one would hate to see the classics as mainstream literary fixtures.

You cant market literature to the kind of people who respond to clickbait

Some are actually witty.

>This Italian politician makes Trump look like a saint
>and why nobody is talking about him

Intentions are noble but method is base and repulsive.

Just like progressive left.

It's actually a sign of how we, humanity, have gotten more intelligent over time. We understand things much more quickly, and can say things much more concisely, than older authors. Why we do find them so borig now? Because they talk forever to say what only takes us a few sentences or paragraphs to say. Our processing ability is far better than that of our ancestors.

This. It might motivate some plebs to pick up a book but they'll put it back down after five minutes.

you suck

>I for one would hate to see the classics as mainstream literary fixtures.

d'aww, it may actually reveal how plebian they really are

Wouldn't want your ego to take a hit

I've been to this bookshop before. The owners are fucking great, they're two Mexican engineers that love bolano

>Romanian man learns a shocking fact about garlic
Is garlic even a thing in Dracula?
Also these are about as bad as corporate memes.

Promoting books to people with short attention span is a ridiculous idea.

lmao

not an argument

>exquisite descriptions that transport us
>lol this italian is like trump so you definitely want to read it
you're right

It's a genius response to the sad symptoms of the times

this, the mans gotta eat

grandmacore

literature is esoteric by design. Could you imagine a YA reading millenial developing an interpretation of moby dick?
if you need reference I urge you to look up the goodreads reviews of Melville and Conrad

>Our anti-intellectual climate helps reduce the amount of vanity readers

It only helps destroying the book business and to stop the emergence of new Talents.
And EVERYTHING that lifts the intelligence of the average person by one notch would be very much needed in todays dumbphone Society.

Kek.
We are waaaay more stupid than those people. If you really think that eloquent prose is a sign of mental inferiority than you are cleary crazy.

Yeah garlic is in Dracula a couple times

Are these the full books on these sites? They seem too short for 400+ pages.

Conrad was racist you fucking shit, don't at me y'all

>Our anti-intellectual climate
What are ou even on about ? what country ? Turkey ?

Polish writer does a river cruise and becomes a black lives matter activist in a shocking turn of events.

Both. It's easy to forget how new technology is, for those of us in our twenties (the vast majority of this board).

Nobody?

The size of a screen accounts for about two pages or more if you think about width.

>What are ou even on about ? what country ? Turkey ?
america would be the example that springs to mind the most.

Plebs dumping money into books as a sort of trophy only serves to help bookstores and publishers stay alive

>Wouldn't was your ego to take a hit

Obviously not. Don't you like being proudly reticent of your secretly superior tastes?