Has there ever been an important scientific work in history of which the author is unknown? And let's say if there is...

Has there ever been an important scientific work in history of which the author is unknown? And let's say if there is, how would it be accepted by the scientific community?

Other urls found in this thread:

sharelatex.com/project/59bb96aa82babc74ecc54338?&nocdn=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Let's say that Elements is published anonymously. Does that change anything at all?

Look up "The God Series" by pseudonym "Mike Hockney". More in relation to your image than your question.

Has any scientist's work been discredited because of his or her ethics?

There was that gender kerfuffle over the Riemann-Zeta Proof published by J.A. Richardson, but she had to use a lot of male names to hide behind because every time SHE presented it herself they didn't even bother to look at her.

So, her lover at the time tried to take on the world. And they beat HIM down too, almost made him feel like he deserved to be in the Mental Health ward. Did his best to try and fight the world for her and mathematics to finally become mainstream, but apparently everyone wanted to fucking focus on their own petty bullshit. They let the greatest mathematical discovery of the fucking century die, because of their ego.

Greatest discovery of our lifetime by a female who graduted from the University of Melbourne with a Double Degree in Mathematics and Software Engineering, and even that wasn't enough to get people to listen to her.

The gender divide in mathematical publication difficulty gradients is fukkin' real.

Last thing she did before taking her life was post it up for all to see : sharelatex.com/project/59bb96aa82babc74ecc54338?&nocdn=true

*sigh* Even putting HER name in the Acknowledgments was a personal battle.

And 'I' had to put up with how horrible you guys are to Maths.

>Pic Related, She Made This New Geometric Fractal To Prove Her Proof.

good fucking job simon, made me kek outloud

Oh no! Poop on ya pants?! Ya need better sphincter control, my man.

Give Her The Fucking Trophy Already, Ya Kunts!

[math]e^{i\pi} + 1 = 0 \displaystyle \sum_{n} \frac{1}{n^s} = \prod_{p} {\frac{1}{1 - \frac{1}{p^s}}} \displaystyle\int_{-\infty}^\infty e^{-x^2}dx = \sqrt{\pi} {\mathbb{R}} \sim {2^{\mathbb{N}}} \displaystyle n! = \int_{0}^{\infty} {x^n e^{-x} \,dx} a^2 + b^2 = c^2[/math] Don't mind me, just borrowing your tex feature.

Have at it. I always hated condoms myself.

[eqn]e^{i\pi} + 1 = 0 \displaystyle \sum_{n} \frac{1}{n^s} = \prod_{p} {\frac{1}{1 - \frac{1}{p^s}}} \displaystyle\int_{-\infty}^\infty e^{-x^2}dx = \sqrt{\pi} {\mathbb{R}} \sim {2^{\mathbb{N}}} \displaystyle n! = \int_{0}^{\infty} {x^n e^{-x} \,dx} a^2 + b^2 = c^2[/eqn] try again

The Pythagorean Theorem

Wazzat? Sounds sexy.

Writings which make certain sorts of specific and concrete truth-claims (particularly if they contain within themselves the methods of instruction whereby a reader can independently experiment with and evaluate the truth-claims which are being made, as in the genre of a textbook) need not have a known author in order for readers to carry out the suggested evaluations. Primacy of the author is a modern fetish which goes with today's research culture and the very practice of academia itself, which is about grabbing and cataloguing various sorts of source-items-names, dates, contexts etc.

Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System is anonymous

it remains to be seen really how important it is though

the guy(?) who invented bitcoin is unknown

Satoshi Nakamoto

It has already proven its importance. But the later changes will be far wider and more disruptive. The blockchain removes the need for the thirdparty, and the thirdparty is part of human society in untold ways. The entire concept of nations is based on thirdparties. It won't really be needed anymore.

Any proof on that one aside from the paper?

mmmmmh