Most horrifying monsters in /lit

What's the scariest creature you ever read about, something so mind bendingly horrifying that if you knew it was coming you'd off yourself with a plastic fork.

in my diary

the monster is myself

AM supercomputer from I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

skeletons
2spooky4me

Books aren't scary.

But ideas are terrifying

Man

maybe the scariest monster is man himself...

God

IT TURNS OUT ITS MAN

the description of any forgotten beast

Read it, feared him, then hated him, looking back I just feel so sorry for him, and what he could have been.

"Honey Boo Boo" or her mother.

Pic Related from The Dunwich Horror

*white man

holy...

I was in my early teens and reading Watership Down in bed when I got a part where a maimed rabbit from the old down is mistaken for some sort of evil spirit.. I remember feeling scared reading it, but couldn't relive the experience when I read it again a few years later.

Severely underrated post

The mother lost a lot of weight. She looks somewhat decent now.

Women

>Unu the Phlegm of Cancer was a forgotten beast. An enormous scaly tarantula. It has a broad shell and it undulates rhythmically. Its pumpkin scales are oval-shaped and overlapping. Beware its poisonous bite!

I wouldn't worry about anything in this thread! Books aren't scary and honestly you shouldn't concern yourself with anything above or below this thread. Just move on to another thread and
don't
worry
about it.

Gonna work on cracking the code in this post. Wish me luck.

Hillary Clinton

severely predictable, you mean

The mutated roaches in Monna Lisa Overdrive, especially the one who looks like has eaten a crucifix

Some of the monsters from my book obviously

This nigga tbqh.

I hate that nasty Shrike

I'm more scared of black men desu

the black rabbit of inle

Wrong

fuck

a woman i am attracted to

Good answer. That shit did NOT belong in my elementary school library.

me tie doughty walker

"God" or some sort of demiurge figure in one of Philip K. Dick's schizophrenia fuled shorts I forget the name of, where it's hideous presence pretty much everywhere, always watching and judging, everyone but the suddenly aware protagonist keeping sane because knowledge of Him is suppressed by chemicals put in the drinking water.

my mother irl

unbearable consciousness
I want to sleep and dream eternally

Ubik?

>[
Was any of this shit supposed to be funny?

Nah, one of his shorts. Much more immediate and aggressive than Ubik, doubt it was even published until after his death. Need to get my hands on the whole collection, been years since I read trough it but it still left an impression of a very underrated short story author in comparison to his more famous novel output.
There's even a story there written in the late 50s or early 60s featuring a proto-grey goo scenario, only with gumballs.

It was in faith of our fathers.
Actual spoiler. It was the head of the party.

you must be a blast

>Was any of this shit supposed to be funny?
>Some of the monsters from my book obviously

Not sure why did you quote this, I was dead serious. Ive havent come across monsters in other literature that could shake me like the ones in my own work

this

you remember....

now it's going to come for you.

A character in an Ayn Rand work

thats so gay are you gay

desu!

False. You've never read actual scary book.

baba yaga

Wrong.

The Wendigo

wendigo are real though. that's like saying "cannibals"

Skinwalkers are real too, I've killed one

wendigo psychosis, bro. look it up. there's a couple well verified accounts of people who believed they had gone wendigo and ate people, and while the authorities don't always agree they are wendigo, they agree they need to put down the cannibal. usually the wendigo agrees because it's the only way to end the human hunger.

I'm sure what user says is not real is the wendigo beast symbol, not the manifest human behaviour

no u r

The clown from IT.