Redpill me on Aleister Crowley

Redpill me on Aleister Crowley.

A cheap charlatan.

If you want genuine magic and sorcery, read Hegel. Hegel's spells still affect us to this day.

decided to investigate Ceremonial Magic(k) from a scientific perspective. along the way decided to sample every drug known to man.

got as far as trying morphine and didn't go any further. started out as a scottish lord, ended up a penniless addict with his teeth filed down, living on one hard-boiled egg a day.

wrote a lot of insane gibberish along the way.

"If the barking of a dog disturbs your meditation, it is simplest to shoot the dog, and think no more about it."
-Aleister Crowley

fpbp

i have read crowley's book of lies, book of the law, and magick without tears. charlatan is the word. he was a slave to stinky English quim and his practice of the occult was strictly to fulfill his sexual urges and gratify his contrarian ego. apologists will say that was the point.

he was not a magician. he was a third rate author and unoriginal as fuck cult leader. he does not merit a second thought.

ooh is that avocado? omg i love avocado

This man speaks lies! Don't listen to him!

It's baseless shitposting I tell you!

pedophile faggot

manipulated sheep for money and attention

Drug addict who couldn't even remember shit he wrote. There's nothing you can learn from Crowley that you won't learn from the more prestigious occult organizations that he learned his material from.

Crowley offers nothing new to the subject aside from bad philosophy and degeneracy.

Possibly Jewish, with possible ties to the communists.

Allegedly made this cult to have sex with children.
Owned a cool house tho.

/x/

he named his daughters lilith and lola. that should tell you everything you need to know about him.

He was just being edgy for attention.

Nearly all occultism and magic after the 18th century is a bastardization of Renaissance Platonism.

It's operative framework is Mesmerism - not James Braid's definition of it as hypnosis, but Mesmers original theory of an all permeating 'magnetic fluid' emanating from the planets.

The magical revival of the 19th century established a tripartite formula of magic that still persists to this day; by means of (1) willpower and (2) imagination, the (3) magnetic fluid could be manipulated and thereby produce magical phenomena.

Eliphas Levi and Aleister Crowley were it's most influental exponents.

Most occultists of this era are completely oblivious to the fact that they operate under the aegis of Mesmerism, which is by and large a fragment taken out of context from a more wholesome system.

>Possibly Jewish, with possible ties to the communists.

> Heir to a Scottish lordship

> Jewish

you don't get out much, do you, son?

>le sandnigger foot kissing globalist shill

Druggy charlatan and cult leader.

>You have to give me drugs so I can perform Magick
>You have to get nude so we can do SEX magick

Fucking embarrassing.

>behead little kitties
subhuman anglo

nah

"If the barking of a dog disturbs your meditation, it is simplest to shoot the dog, and think no more about it."

This is just paraphrasing of 'if thy right hand offends thee, cut it off'

In actuality what he was probably saying was "If withdrawals hurt your meditation; shoot up and meditate"

Other occult folks didn't even really like him. He used to be in the Golden Dawn, then left to work on his own shit - or got kicked out, depending on who you believe. IIRC, at one point after leaving, Crowley tried to take over one of the GD temples. Yeats, who was one of the leaders of GD at the time, was there and basically told Crowley to fuck off. Those two particularly did not like each other.

>tfw you become a Nobel laureate and one of the most celebrated national poets of Ireland while your enemy becomes a shit-eating drug addict

definite bias. Who the hell is yeats? No one knows.

Crowley influenced the 60s movement, making the world (the west) how it is today. He also contributed to WW2 efforts working with Churchill combating the occult/paranoid leanings of Hitler's party.

Like it or not, the world, it's part Crowleys.

Who the hell is yeats?

I thought their operative framework was hermeticism.

Shut the fuck up you illiterate monkey. "Who is yeats? no one knows."
get off Veeky Forums and take your idiotic man child Crowley with you. it's delusional psychotic garbage for dullards that never grew up

>Who the hell is yeats? No one knows.
>on Veeky Forums
Okeydokey.

>Crowley influenced the 60s movement, making the world (the west) how it is today. He also contributed to WW2 efforts working with Churchill combating the occult/paranoid leanings of Hitler's party.
True, and he also was definitely influential to new age and occult practices as they are today, but it wasn't relevant to my post. OP asked for information on Crowley and I gave him some. That's more than I usually do for threads that start with "Redpill me on...".

2/10 for making me reply.

Like half of all 'occultists' he was a con man. He just smiled about it more
>The other half are idiots

I think the board you want is /x/. that's where the other retarded mongrels like you are contained

So a redpill to you is an unknown truth that is true despite popular belief?

So you're looking for a reason to doubt his influence, and the responder gave you one in the form of "some people didn't like him". Got it.

And by the by, all these lodges and magicians you're studying on, sound like some of the worst sorts of people imaginable. I'd rather be disliked by them than admired.

Crowley's world.

Yeats, I don't know the guy, but I'm sure he'd be less mad than you.

"Redpill" to me is a spoonfeed request, and I usually ignore spoonfeed requests. As for the rest of it, you've already made up your mind so there's no point in refuting you. The thread was about Crowley; I shared a Crowley-related and Veeky Forums-related anecdote that came to mind. Sorry for contributing to the thread I guess?

I believe red-pills deal in facts. I refuted a clear bias against Crowley and proposed his actual achievement (not minimalized to a s* eating drug addict) was/is far greater than your so-called "red-pill", which seemed only for wont to reignite a petty argument by petty people.

And then to be outright attacked, shows some maturity you all.

tfw will never understand how some people can overlay the dry underside of one taco onto the messy topping of another and unashamedly post a pic on here like some degenerate instagram twink

Since this thread is up
Recommended Occult readings? Crowley or otherwise.
Anyone know some good books on symbols and sigils specifically???

>Who the hell is yeats?
Dude.. He's more well-known than Crowley.

He was a meme.

You're not Mexican enough, fucko. Usually tacos/plates are a MESS. The only people who complain about it are 5 year olds and white people.

You have to go back!

And the OCD guy who can't have his food touching, separates his plate into colors, and who cries if it isn't that way.

Diary of a Drug Fiend is a pretty good story if you want to learn about the effects of cocaine amd heroin.

>The magical revival of the 19th century established a tripartite formula of magic that still persists to this day; by means of (1) willpower and (2) imagination, the (3) magnetic fluid could be manipulated and thereby produce magical phenomena.
Points 1 and 2 seem accurate, but I'm not so sure about point 3. At least Aleister Crowley wasn't interested in metaphysical concepts like magnetic fluid; only in practical results.

Perhaps you can read it back to Mesmer and say it fits the model, but why would you? What value does Mesmer provide and what does he have to do with it in the first place?

> Nearly all occultism and magic after the 18th century is a bastardization of Renaissance Platonism.
This also seems like a really dubious claim. Again, this is not an accurate portrayal of Crowley. He was united with Nietzsche in a complete rejection of Platonism, both its metaphysical and ethical dimensions.

>mfw i was born and raised in Texas to American parents, served 7yr in the Army, voted Trump, and drive an old Jeep but embracing my maternal side Mexican heritage angers cuckservatives.

I am more American than you. :^)

Good, because I'm not American at all, and thank God.

Lilith isn't even cannon,it'd be like naming my son Sauron

Moonchild is the best KC song desu.

Do you deny that Hegel is a powerful occult thinker?

How else do you explain Hegel's lifelong interest in, and fascination with, occult, hermetic thought? How else are we to treat his studies in that field, if not as his attempt to complete THEIR work, in addition to completing philosophy?

Hegel should be looked at as an occult thinker. And of course if we do so, we must regard him as the greatest occult thinker, the king of the occult, the supreme master of that field. Chief wizard, you might say. The second Merlin.

i think most of us, through exposure to the works of William Burroughs and from seeing Courtney Love, understand the effects of cocaine and heroin.

He's a genius and hilarious.

Do the exercises, bitch.

surprising how many of you "informed" lit types think he was really a pedo

But that's not Starless.

The ultimate armchair occultist.

One of the most misunderstood men of the twentieth century. An intellectual powerhouse.

You forgot the part where you say you're lying

>redpill
Hate this /pol/tard term so much.

Edgelord godfather

I can't believe I just read this.
Wow you're an idiot

guess i'm lying then