What the fuck am I reading?

What the fuck am I reading?

Fanged Noumena?

Conngratulations Landposter, you got one

a book

My dairy desu

Never heard of this before but it sounds excellent.

Did Land really disown all his work? Why?

heh

A Marxist who turned to neoreaction to cope with the fact he did too much LSD in Shanghai. It's just ridiculous enough to be true

>LSD
I thought it was amphetamine psychosis since it appears that he used it regularly for the length of his tenure at Warwick.

that description makes me want to read it to be honest

Nick did speed.

>Accelerationism, LMAO

I don't think even he knows.

look everyone tricky nicky got another one!!

he fucking fell for it haha!!!

I am a schizo, so I've had psychosis (for those who don't know schizophrenia has nothing to do with a split personality). While psychosis being frightening and embarassing it is also a somewhat interesting and creative phenomenon.

I've had visions, racing thoughts and the urge to write when psychotic. Most of the ideas I had were ridiculous, but some others turned out to be partly true. Some by accident others less so.

I've also transitioned political thought, at first being interested in communism and anarchism but becoming alieniated from it, and toying with ideas about aristocracy. Though that had little to do with the psychosis.

On the other hand I did write some embarrasing emails when psychotic to people involving a mixture of radical left and radical right ideas.

I really want to read it now

What is it with mentally ill people always trying to leak their diagnosis and "dude I'm crazy lmao" experiences into every conversation?

That never happens

literally just happened

Yes just one time, you said "always" and "every". I only wrote about it since Land had or might have had psychosis.
I am not going to bother people with it otherwise.

I am sorry if that bothers you so much.

WTF I love Land now!?

I'm not saying YOU always do it, I'm just saying I see it often

Mentally ill people don't usually have many friends to share their experience with. Cut him some slack, what he posted was still interesting.

that's a post

I think I have some form of psychosis, but am still able to function at a fairly high level

Can you please explain to me what psychosis is from your perspective?

They were talking about psychosis. It's not like he brought up MLP or some other completely irrelevant shit.

read DELEUZe

>Theory as cyberpunk fiction: Land‘s machinic theory-poetry parallelled the digital intensities of 90s jungle, techno and doomcore, anticipating ‘impending human extinction becoming accessible as a dancefloor’.

qqqqqqq

>Can you please explain to me what psychosis is from your perspective?
That is why I mentioned it. I already described a bit. I had racing thoughts, visions, delusions, a few hallucinations, thinking there were messages in radio and television, I laughed very hard at a serious show, delusions of grandeur, and in the later stages had paranoia and anxiety.

At one point I felt like I could smell and feel better. It was a lot of emotions in a short time.

One of the delusions I had was that I thought robots already took control of us. And I thought my dad was from a lineage of dictators stretching all the way back to spartans and futher back neanderthals.

Of course I have no idea what Land experienced and no psychosis is the same. I personally didn't hear voices for example. And I had very few hallucinations, most of them were just colours.

Cyclonopedia was better

Anna?

Have you read Phyl-Undhu and Chasm? Bretty good.

Is this book worth buying? Is it interesting?
Someone sell this to me.

This sounds fun. Have you enjoyed this experience?

Can I just jump into this or do I need a background in some prior works?

You should be fine; it's basically a debut novel (if "novel" is the right word)

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

No

Phyl-Undhu is a purple prose, opaque ligotti imitation with piss poor plot structure that presupposes you're familiar with favorite Landian punching bags

it's getting reprinted for the first time in like 6 years and old copies were going for ~$150 two weeks ago so it's certainly worth looking into

if ever there were a book to spawn "what the fuck did you just meme me into reading" threads it's this

This is really excellent.

Then what about Chasm

reminder that Dreamscape is a psyop on Land's part that tricked Veeky Forums into writing a book that expanded the influence of Dark Enlightenment

i'm sold

feels good

you clearly haven't read nick land

People define themselves by their experiences.

In my experience, as someone who works around mentally ill people, they tend to be embaressed or try to hide it unless they're so far gone that they live in their own reality. Fake "mentally ill" people who self diagnose "anxiety" because they don't like speaking in front of people will try to talk your ear off abput it though, as more people fake mental illnesses/disorders than you'd think. Not even to scam the government, just to seem interesting.

oh god... brace yourselves... the newest meme book is coming

the fact that people are too retarded to even figure out whether or not it's in print should be enough to cement its status. I swear every Nick Land thread features someone asking "where do I get Fanged Noumena???" despite the publisher still selling leftover copies from like two years ago.