Cheese on fries

yay or nay?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00PKHAQDY/ref=sr_ph_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1502922555&sr=sr-1&keywords=sodium citrate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In a sane world they would shoot you for eating this

I'm okay with it but I can imagine somebody won't like it. The dilemma that you do not want to waste god cheese on potato, but cheap shit is gross.

Just cheese? No.

Chili cheese fries, poutine etc? Go for it. Also cheese should be shredded and melted, not these fucking cheese sauces.

Yay, but if you ever get cheese on your fries (either liquid or shredded) then you need to eat those fuckers at ONCE. The half life on them is pretty finicky.

meh

only when done up in poutine or disco fries is melted cheese EVER ok near french fries

only on waffle fries

Cheese sauce is actually better because if you melt the cheese onto the fries the moisture will ruin their crisp coating, it still tastes ok and I do that sometimes but a real cheese sauce is objectively better for this reason

NO. Only things that belongs on fires are salt and mustard. Pepper is acceptable if you're into that sort of thing.

this

Anyone got a recipe for cheese sauce using sodium citrate?

inb4 serious eats

Do Americans really do this?

A pound of cheese a cup of milk and a half teaspoon of sodium citrate.

This should work for most cheeses..
If making cheese slices reduce milk content to 3/4 cup.

thanks user. Do you add anything else?

Not a huge fan of it but I do have a soft spot for animal fries at in n out
Gotta eat them fast though or the cheese solidifies and the fries become one large mass

from the packaging I can only wonder how much the mark up on that shit is compared to how much it used to cost before le cooking nerd memers found out about it

Milk can water down the cheese so you might need some salt.
If making nacho cheese you need to blend in and add about a quarter cup of pickled jalapenos in juice.

I've thought about adding some fruits or nuts when making cheese slices but have never tried it.

What kind of nuts? Intriguing. How can I make it fall?

Don't know about fall flavors.
I was thinking something like cherries and walnuts.
Or maybe some diced apples for cheddar.

Also I messed up, double the amount of milk.

Just In N Out animal style fries. Their fries are disgusting without it.

so 16 oz cheese 2 cups milk and just one half teaspoon of Sodium Citrate? Usually I use like 3 teaspoons at least when I make béchamel for gratins and stuff.

>cheese on fries with gravy or curry sauce

muh DICK
it looks like vomit and your shits aren't going to look healthy for a while but it's perfect for when you're drunk and need to eat something that looks how you feel

I'd never put American cheese on anything except a burger.

Grated mozzarella and spices melted on top of chips is great though.

Trendy hipsters turned it into gold basically.

I hope the missile go of target and slam into Canada.

I think my package was around 10 dollars for 4oz.

actually 8 dollars for 8 ounces.

amazon.com/dp/B00PKHAQDY/ref=sr_ph_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1502922555&sr=sr-1&keywords=sodium citrate

This stuff melted on the side.

ay lmao

Not like that. Not like fuckin that.

>Gravy has lumps
I don't know why I expected jack to be able to make a proper, simple roux but apparently he can't even do that

Fuck yes that's a yay.

Drop on some crumbled or diced bacon, ranch for dip and you have yourself a winner.

The Canadians have had it too good for too long. They must be destroyed.

it's not really good in my opinion

I have never tried this and I am an American.

commie

Not all the time, but not totally unacceptable once in a while. I'd rather dip my fries in ranch dressing though.

Probably because you can't get real cheese in America.

only w/ gravy meats.

Those shake shack cheese fries are pretty good, their bacon double cheeseburger is great too

They're a bit pricy but I don't eat this stuff often enough for that to matter.

you never go full retard

I don't even know anywhere that serves cheese on fries.

Delicious but only worth it if someone else pays for it or its free. Kind of like guacamole

My old high school shad a nacho cheese dispenser just for this.

Wendy's?

My old girlfriend once puked cheese fries on me trying to deep throat me. Since then I can't eat them at all

I don't live in the US.

Cheesy chips and beer battered cod is the only way to go.

I like chili cheese fries, every now and again I'll treat myself to a meal just like this and enjoy that feeling of wanting to shit myself as it digests

aren't those just disco fries

Y tho?

Do Eurotrash really bealieve that just because we have shit products that means we dont have anything good?

Wendys
Arbys
Most hole in rhe wall non-chains

Thats fucking funny

Oh. I really sorry to hear that.

>not just wrapping her lips around the shaft, making a seal, and swallowing the vomit
What an amateur. The person getting a blowjob doesn't need to know you horked at all.

Nah, everyone knows you we have good stuff. It just doesn't matter in the context of generalized discussion. The cheap shitty cheese outsells the good stuff by such a large margin.

>moisture
>liquid cheese

This

You obviously don't cook.

Cheese on fries is god-tier. There are some horrific velveeta concoctions that shouldn't be eaten, period, but you can make a nice cheese and milk based sauce that goes over well

What kind of faggot doesn't enjoy bacon cheese fries? I hate this board sometimes

this is not poutine

do you even read?
He said moisture came from cheese slices, but then went on to say how liquid cheese didnt made the fries wet

Cheese is good on everything. Probably even icecream.

So nay, that shit kills you before you reach 40.

so in an effort to hijack this thread, what are the hopes of making fries in one's home without the use of a deep frier or a vat/several inches of oil?

Is it possible to make fries just using an oven, a grate, and covering in oil prior to putting it in the oven? or does that only produce the equivalent of potato wedges?

wedges.

season 'em and bake 'em on a cookie pan, but cover it in tinfoil first, baka

Might try the crispy oven wings method.

Cut into fries, toss lightly with salt and baking powder, and cook on a cooling rack.

Cheese sauce on fries is ass. Fries get soggy, you have to eat with a fork or else get cheesy fingers.

Cheese sauce on the side used as a dip is god tier though.

I fucking hate this board

before i became a biochemist, i was a chef

have you ever looked into your toaster over while it was on? when you melt either sliced or shredded cheese onto already fries that were just cooked in oil, the moisture content of the cold, uncooked cheese starts to condense on the surface of it, and as the moisture runs off, guess where it goes? it creates a disgusting soggy fry with caked-on [now low-moisture and gross] cheese

a cheese sauce on the other hand, is typically very high in fat, has had a vast majority of moisture cooked off in a saucepan, and while it is a liquid the fries will stay crisp under it for several minutes, compared to soggy fries with baked-on shitcheese. when the fries do succumb to the sauce, theyll be moist and gooey and good- as opposed shitty rubbery cheese. think about it.

This post really made me think about how you are an autistic redditor. What an absolutely brain dead post.

melting the cheese onto the fries takes time and lets the liquid get into them, making them soggy. pouring warm cheese sauce over the fries like a condiment just before you eat them avoids this problem because it has no time to soak in.

Fuck no.

I don't know, why do americans think we eat toast sanwiches and rotting fish?

And horse meat labeled as beef. And highly inferior chocolate. And bland food. And your prefered cooking method is boiling.

>Inferior chocolate

hot roux, cold milk, no lumps

As a Scotfag I've always wanted to try real American hotdogs. All the ones I've tried to date have been disappointing, but these always appeal to me.

Are they as good as they look?

Fuck that other guy, I know exactly what you mean. Not all liquids are equally "wet".

high quality hotdogs are better than you would expect. problem is that hotdogs can also be one of the worst foods you can put in your mouth.

No. Hot dogs are shit.

What's the prob?

Meanwhile in California fries with bleu cheese sauce, chili oil, chili flakes and parsley.

I shed a lot of Canadian tears looking at this crap...

>bleu
They speak French in California?

I dunno about French, but they sure to speak fag there so it does make sense that they'd use that spelling on the menu.

They probably do it on purpose just to trigger your delicate little sperghead.

schools feeding children with shitty fast food is the problem

whoever had those chili cheese fries that i use to eat , is totally gone from my mind. no idea, i have one kinda address thats it.

>disco fries
Translation?

wow this thread sure brought out the autism in Veeky Forums

Well you just hate everybody dontcha?

kek

New Jersey poutine. Same basic concept.

Wendy's serves only ice cream and milkshakes.

>buns not toasted
>mystery sausages
>shitty baby poop mustard
They're shit. Yanks can't make hot dogs to save their lives. If anything get some good bratwursts and make them yourself.

Yank name for poutine because they can't pronounce difficult, foreign-sounding words.

lol where are you from? California is about carne asada fries.