Is graph theory a meme or does it have any useful applications?

is graph theory a meme or does it have any useful applications?

it's fundamental to many algorithms

travelling salesman and similar network-like problems

very useful for modeling ecosystems
all complex systems are abstractions we use to understand networks of interactions.

I have great problems reading books on graph theory, books and papers on graph theory, because they never tell you exactly what they are talking about. Sometimes the graphs are [word inaudible, even when played slower], sometimes they are absolutely reflexive, sometimes they are not. Even if they go so far as talking about homomorphisms, I still don’t know exactly what that is, i.e., which category are we in? What they should do is admit that they are working in three or four different categories and they don’t know how to pass from one to the other, and so on, and [inaudible words] to simplify.
But no, they prefer to talk in a vague way and smushing these together. [inaudible] tried to understand some of the problems of graph theorists and get [bogged? locked?] in the first page. Does anybody actually know what a graph minor is? [some interjection from the audience] Graph minor. Big problem. (..) you see, this famous [inaudible works] problem on graph minors. Looks like that that might be interesting. But I can’t determine exactly what it is, because, if you read the first parts of the paper, they waffle, you see, they don’t give you a property (…)

Neural networks

It's about how stuff can be connected.
What do you think?

Its just a bunch of fucking points and lines which don't make sense and visualize shit that shouldn't be a thing and can't be applied to anything in the real world

Its just meme so computer “scientists” can feel like they are doing advanced mathematics

>He thought about this, wrote the question, and then posted it on the internet

Well, googles pagerank was patented and makes heavy use of graph theory. It is extended naturally to linear algebra, allowing for the most powerful data collection tool ever.

Graph theory can be used to find bounds on Feynman diagrams. In fact the starting point of the the theory of generalized Feynman diagrams is graph theory.

Compilers use chromatic graphs to optimally allocate registers to variables.

Your way of writing is the most obnoxious and infuriating I've come upon so far. Congratulations you absolute fucking waste of space, you've managed to enrage me not by the content of your comment, which is just you being a little bitch boy about a subject you're too much of a brainlet to understand, but by its very form. Please fuck off.

It's very useful in catalysis.

Lrn2meme fgt pls

what ignoramus are you quoting?

Literally the most useful of maths
Anything that can be categorized as a collection of objects that interact with each other in a comparable way benefits from graph theory

>what is analysis

is it possible to map the connection between maps and applications of maps?
would that map be an application of maps?

how much more retarded can you be.